Valentines Day

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Yamamaya » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:25 pm

Oh great, another day at college seeing a whole bunch of people PDA while I sit there slaving away on homework and bemoaning my singleness.
Yamamaya

Postby Nate » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:28 pm

Can't spell "bemoaning" without "gnome."

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby airichan623 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:00 pm

Radical Dreamer (post: 1457499) wrote:I have no real plans except to wish people a happy High Standards Day. XD

Yup.
Furen (post: 1457518) wrote:I figure that if you are in a relation ship, you don't need one day to make it special...

DUDE how do I get on this special relation ship? What ocean does it sail on? Whats the ships name? xD
ADXC (post: 1457534) wrote:Oh Valentines is also "Happy Singleness Awareness Day!", which is much more applicable to everyone else.
Yay!

Hear, hear.

Yuki-Anne (post: 1457718) wrote:Well, in Japan, it's completely backwards: the ladies give chocolates and goodies to the gents they like. Since I don't particularly like anybody (and it'd be super awkward for me to go out on limb like that if I did), I shall probably just buy chocolate and enjoy it with my (all female) coworkers as a celebration of "American Single Style" Valentine's Day.

Actually, my plans are high school. :P Luckily, people get expelled if they get too PDA-y. In other words: :hug:+:lick:+:wow!::red:=:bootout: LOL

Although, I'm considering going Japanese/ shoujo-manga -style for Valentine's, by making homemade chocolates (Read: melt real chocolate and turn into fun shapes and bars) and giving "Giri" (essentially 'just friends' chocolates) to my friends and classmates, and give some to everyone at work too, which, as a by-proxy, will cause the certain (amazing and cute) boy I like to receive them as well.

I have also said that I would like to work that day too, since I need to get my mind off of SAD.

My other plan: watch Kimi ni Todoke Season 2 ep 2, which is the Valentine's Day ep.

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Postby Yuki-Anne » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:23 pm

Radical Dreamer (post: 1457761) wrote:Fun reminder that [s]Valentine's Day[/s] High Standards Day only has to be awful and depressing if you let it! XD

This.

I used to feel that it was depressing. And then I realized that romance is for chumps.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Warrior4Christ » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:13 am

Next Monday, I'll be doing the same thing I do every Monday - try to take over.... I mean go to work and eat and sleep and stuff.
Everywhere like such as, and MOES.

"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God." - William Carey
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Postby Kaori » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:09 am

I will probably buy something for my students—I have fifty-some, so it will have to be cheap and individually wrapped, most likely chocolate-covered うまい棒 or something like that.
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby shooraijin » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:25 am

Well, in Japan, it's completely backwards: the ladies give chocolates and goodies to the gents they like.

For some reason that would really creep me out. I guess I'm just a over-traditionalist at heart or something.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Rusty Claymore » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:27 am

Well, in Japan, it's completely backwards: the ladies give chocolates and goodies to the gents they like.
I actually think that's the right way round, since girls are the ones who tend to get miffed when the guy they like doesn't give them stuff. Guys tend to not get too into it.
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Nate » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:14 pm

I'd hate to have Valentine's Day done like it is in Japan here because I'd never get chocolate and would cry even more.

Nate

Postby TopazRaven » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:20 pm

I'd give you chocolate Nate! xD Well, if I lived near you anyway. :lol:
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby ADXC » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:29 pm

Wait did you guys say chocolate?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmu6by_vVh0
ADXC

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:04 pm

Nate wrote:Can't spell "bemoaning" without "gnome."

Nor without "anime", oddly enough. Which is further proof that for whatever reason, the otaku subculture seems to appeal to mopey, miserable sadsacks.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Ella Edric » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:09 pm

ADXC (post: 1457881) wrote:Wait did you guys say chocolate?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmu6by_vVh0

My ears are bleeding. XD;
[color="LightBlue"]"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." --Thomas Jefferson [/color]
[font="Arial Black"][color="Pink"]~Proud member(and starter), of the sisterhood of CAA.~ [/color][/font]
[color="YellowGreen"]Furen: Without you Canada would be feeling bad. we'd all be depressed [/color]
CognitiveGear 07:08 - I hear that Jesus is a pretty rad dude who teaches us to love everyone.
[color="Silver"]Midknight74012 09:04 - Minds are like parachutes. Just because you lost yours, doesn't mean you can borrow mine[/color]
[color="Red"]@)}~`,~[/color] [color="SeaGreen"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]
[color="RoyalBlue"]This is MOES[/color]:dance:
Ella Edric

Postby Davidizer13 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:09 pm

shooraijin (post: 1457822) wrote:For some reason that would really creep me out. I guess I'm just a over-traditionalist at heart or something.

But it's free chocolate. Given to you by a girl. I'm not seeing any downsides to this.

Anyway, much to the dismay of millions, I have better things to do right now than to romance some pretty young lady, like driving exotic cars around my private island. Valentine's Day is just another February day to me.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:11 pm

Nate (post: 1457767) wrote:And you can't spell "insect" without "incest."

...How did this never occur to me before. Now I will never be able to see those words the same way again. XD
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Nate » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:15 pm

I actually learned that from The Office, where Michael is trying to tell people the secret to diversity. Which is, of course:

Inclusion
New attitudes
Color blind
Expectations
Sharing
Tolerance

And Pam remarks "It would've been just as easy for him to spell insect. Of course, that wouldn't have made any sense either."

Nate

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:01 pm

If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby shooraijin » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:08 pm

Davidizer13 (post: 1457912) wrote:But it's free chocolate. Given to you by a girl. I'm not seeing any downsides to this.

Except if it's someone you'd really rather not go out with; I wouldn't enjoy doing what I'd have to do in that case. Realistically I'd prefer not to have the situation come up.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:17 pm

[quote="shooraijin (post: 1458001)"]Except if it's someone you'd really rather not go out with]

This is the life of every girl with a pseudo-stalker. XD

I speak from experience. XD I wouldn't mind that version of the holiday; it'd give girls an opportunity to be a bit more clear about what they think of certain guys without the undesirable guys pining after them too openly. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby shooraijin » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:21 pm

This is the life of every girl with a pseudo-stalker. XD

Right, but your gender has had so much more practice! ;)

shooraijin

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:21 pm

Maaaaan. So much bitterness around here. Lolz.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby shooraijin » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:24 pm

The bitterness is the Hershey's chocolate. Man, I hate Hershey's chocolate, and I found out why (the process does not rely on the freshness of the milk -- and that is intended to sound as disgusting as it sounds -- leading to the presence of butyric acid and the characteristic bitter aftertaste of America's "favourite" milk chocolate).

Gack.

shooraijin

Postby Yamamaya » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:25 pm

What businessmen really think about Valentine's Day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoYWdHe4tQ4&feature=related

On Valentine's Day I am probably going to put this song on eternal repeat to make me forget. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJU8YwLD9HI
Yamamaya

Postby armeck » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:00 pm

i'm single and the angels and airwaves album that was supposed to come out then was postponed so vallentines day is gonna suck
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby Kaori » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:47 am

Yuki-Anne (post: 1457718) wrote:Well, in Japan, it's completely backwards: the ladies give chocolates and goodies to the gents they like.

Also, let's not forget that the Japanese have their own unique holiday (created by the Japanese National Confection Industry) called White Day, March 14, which is when men who received something on Valentine’s Day are supposed to return the favor by giving white chocolate or some other gift. However, I’ve heard that stores sell far more chocolate around February 14 than March 14.
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby Rusty Claymore » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:42 am

Ok, I'm seriously hating the V-day commercials almost more than cell phone ones now. They're all about getting gifts that will turn up the heat for you. But I guess that is the social standard for relationships. It's all about finding someone that makes you feel good. Rubbish. And people wonder why there are so many relational problems. ▬_▬
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:49 am

Kaori (post: 1458064) wrote:Also, let's not forget that the Japanese have White Day
They are such racists.
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby Yamamaya » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:58 am

TheSubtleDoctor (post: 1458120) wrote:They are such racists.

Xenophobics is the more correct term.
Yamamaya

Postby Sheenar » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:12 pm

shooraijin (post: 1458011) wrote:The bitterness is the Hershey's chocolate. Man, I hate Hershey's chocolate, and I found out why (the process does not rely on the freshness of the milk -- and that is intended to sound as disgusting as it sounds -- leading to the presence of butyric acid and the characteristic bitter aftertaste of America's "favourite" milk chocolate).

Gack.

I prefer Ghirardelli for mostly that reason. lol
Oh, and Dove dark chocolate. <3

I don't really care one way or another about Valentine's Day, honestly. It's just another day to me --with meetings and errands. If someone happens to give me a flower or something, that's just a bonus. :)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby ShiroiHikari » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:14 pm

shooraijin (post: 1458011) wrote:The bitterness is the Hershey's chocolate. Man, I hate Hershey's chocolate, and I found out why (the process does not rely on the freshness of the milk -- and that is intended to sound as disgusting as it sounds -- leading to the presence of butyric acid and the characteristic bitter aftertaste of America's "favourite" milk chocolate).

Gack.

Hershey's chocolate is nasty. Terrible flavor. Also it crumbles, and I hate that because you get tiny chocolate crumbs on you and don't even realize it until you find little patches of melted chocolate all over your clothes.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Previous Next

Return to General