Valentines Day

Talk about anything in here.

Postby acgifford » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:55 am

yeah...I am so single.ROFL. I might say Happy Valentines day to my family and bffs.^^;; I dont have plans really.XD

Aaand....ADXC....Happy SAD(Single Awareness Day).XDDDD I agree. Reminds us how single we are.XDD
[color="Lime"]"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda[/color]
[color="DarkOrange"]Psalm32: 1 Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.[/color]
Proud member of MOES!! You better believe I have no scrolling.^_~
[color="Blue"]Doctor Who fan!! [/color]:jump:
[color="Yellow"]"Dare to read, think, speak and write." John Adams[/color]
[color="Pink"]Proud Member of the SisterHoos! ^^[/color]
[color="Red"]Vash the Stampede: I meditate diligently every morning. The subject is Life and Love. I quit after three seconds.[/color]
acgifford

Postby Nate » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:14 am

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby K. Ayato » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:19 am

Valentine's Day also happens to be my birthday. Husband's still out at sea so we'll celebrate late.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:53 am

Will give Mrs. Doc the pendant I bought her and also take her out to dinner.

Regarding the characterization of V-Day as this evil, commerical, sales-driven thing, I will say this. Sure, it might be a day that greedy fatcats look forward to and promote vigorously. However, I think the effects of that can be good. Sometimes, you need the whole world to hit you over the head with "Love your wife, be romantic, do something really nice for her, etc." to shake you out of your everyday routine and MAKE time to do something together that you don't normally get to do. You might say, "Manz, if I was married, I wouldn't need no special day to remind me to be romantical!" Well, when you have spent years with a person, it's only natural that you fall into your work-a-day routine together. It's not a bad thing in itself, but sometimes the daily grind gradually squeezes spontaneous and/or exclusive spouse time out of the picture. In short, I understand being annoyed by it, but as someone on "the other side," I think V-Day is a very good thing and a reminder to stop everything and enjoy your significant other.
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby Atria35 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:34 am

TheSubtleDoctor (post: 1457583) wrote:However, I think the effects of that can be good. Sometimes, you need the whole world to hit you over the head with "Love your wife, be romantic, do something really nice for her, etc." to shake you out of your everyday routine and MAKE time to do something together that you don't normally get to do. You might say, "Manz, if I was married, I wouldn't need no special day to remind me to be romantical!" Well, when you have spent years with a person, it's only natural that you fall into your work-a-day routine together. It's not a bad thing in itself, but sometimes the daily grind gradually squeezes spontaneous and/or exclusive spouse time out of the picture. In short, I understand being annoyed by it, but as someone on "the other side," I think V-Day is a very good thing and a reminder to stop everything and enjoy your significant other.

.....That's true. I forget that routine is easy to fall into, and even as a family, doing 'family nights' were something that we had to be determined to schedule and follow through with.
Atria35

Postby Hiryu » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:13 am

I'm not sure what I'll be doing. Since it's monday, I'll be at school until later that night. Don't really have a girlfriend yet.

I remember last year I had my first wreck on Valentine's Day. I was completely unharmed, but my friend and especially my truck wasn't so lucky. My friend had his arm injured, and my truck wasn't able to be fixed.

Mr. SmartyPants (post: 1457531) wrote:So there's this girl.... mmhmm. Yup! She's wonderful.

Gonna drop a piece of candy and card in her mailbox. Gonna sign my name and write a little note. Simple gesture. A little flirtatious. No pressure. Obvious statement that I'm interested in her....

:D

Lately I've been a rather ballsy guy with this sort of thing. :D

That's the spirit!
Hiryu

Postby Nami » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:25 am

Uh...

I'm going to work, probably exchange a tiny box of chocolate with my sister and watch romantic movies while drawing and writing. ^_^ Nothing fantastical!
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby firestorm » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:28 am

lol actually kinda planning somewhat of an Anti-Valentines day dinner with my family XD.
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby Dante » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:49 am

I'm going to sit in my room and create an advanced C#.NET application for improving the global economy in N&S: Reborn. I feel nothing towards V-Day, sadly... I mean, it seems like a lot of people enjoy or hate the day, I feel nothing towards it and it could pass by without me even knowing. In fact, it probably will.
Dante

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:07 am

I'll just be waiting for it to be over. I've been working through one big ol' holiday since last October -_-
Shao Feng-Li

Postby mechana2015 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:26 am

I'll be doing nothing special on the holiday since Monday is a really lame day to have a holiday on.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby TopazRaven » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:39 pm

Well, everyone seems to have something to do in least. Is it sad I thought Valentines day was on Tuesday? *Shakes head at self.* Good thing I just hung up my new calender.
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby Nanao » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:46 pm

Nami (post: 1457597) wrote:Uh...

I'm going to work, probably exchange a tiny box of chocolate with my sister and watch romantic movies while drawing and writing. ^_^ Nothing fantastical!

sounds like a pretty fantastic day to me ^_^

i'll be spending the day with my mum. in the morning we'll go get coffee or hang out in one of the local book shops. she's proof reading my novel *glows*, so i will probably spend the day making corrections and writing additions. might do some drawing as well.
Nanao

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:36 pm

Not caring that it's Valentine's Day.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby TGJesusfreak » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:14 pm

Gonna be talking to the girl i like/bff and hangin out a bit. maybe watch some FMA if she wants. XD
TGJesusfreak

Location: USA... Earth... the milky way galaxy... the universe...

Postby Beau Soir » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:26 pm

So much hatred and bitterness for Valentine's Day... o__o;

I think I may be one of the few singles that actually likes the day...?
I'm going to celebrate it with those I love, and hang out with one of my best friends who despises Valentine's Day. Maybe I'll get some candy and flowers for her and myself. Might draw some cute Sora and Kairi art too, lol.
I'll be thinking about the guy I like, as well, though...

Mr. SmartyPants (post: 1457531) wrote:So there's this girl.... mmhmm. Yup! She's wonderful.

Gonna drop a piece of candy and card in her mailbox. Gonna sign my name and write a little note. Simple gesture. A little flirtatious. No pressure. Obvious statement that I'm interested in her....

:D

Lately I've been a rather ballsy guy with this sort of thing. :D
...That's really awesome. XD I hope things turn out well!

Sammy Boy (post: 1457558) wrote:I would like to get my wife some roses, but she's already told me it can only be one rose ("Because they are more expensive on Valentine's Day" - she says). I would also like to get her a card.
Your wife sounds pretty cool to me!

From my perspective, a whole bouquet isn't really necessary anyway- lovely, and wouldn't go unappreciated, but one or two is nice enough.

Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.
--James Arthur Baldwin

Charm is deceptive, beauty is fleeting,
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

(Proverbs 31:30)

Beau Soir

Postby Cloud500 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:28 pm

I'll be sleeping in until noon...just as I do every Monday. And then I'll go to class. Awesome!
Cloud500

Postby Nate » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:33 pm

Beau Soir wrote:Maybe I'll get some candy and flowers for her and myself.

Getting her candy and flowers for Valentine's Day eh? I wish you two the best. ;D

Nate

Postby Roy Mustang » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:33 pm

Thinking about going to Lincoln Park in Chicago to see the area, where the Saint Valentine's Day massacre happen.

The only thing that the wife wants to do is just have a nice dinner and watch movies via netflix. She doesn't like gifts or roses on Valentine's Day. It just too common and roses are always over priced for just one day to show love, when you should do that every day.

[font="Book Antiqua"]
[color="Red"]

Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby Rusty Claymore » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:46 pm

I get fancy chocolate for my folks.
Besides, randomly shoving stuff onto someone is harassment. Unless of course that someone likes you. Then magically it isn't considered harassment for some reason. :eyeroll:
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Beau Soir » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:00 pm

[quote="Nate (post: 1457675)"]Getting her candy and flowers for Valentine's Day eh? I wish you two the best. ]Oh Nate, don't be like that! XD I'm straight, honestly, in fact, I really like a guy. What woman hates candy and flowers? It's for my best friend- she hates the day, so I'm going to give her some things that she likes and hang out with her so she won't be so upset. And then she won't be able to say that she didn't get anything at all- I don't think you're understanding here...
I'm getting it for myself too, y'know.

Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.
--James Arthur Baldwin

Charm is deceptive, beauty is fleeting,
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

(Proverbs 31:30)

Beau Soir

Postby Mouse2010 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:54 pm

I'm on the "how lame is it that Valentine's Day is on a Monday?" couch. I have to be at work from noon until 9 PM, so my husband and I are going to go out for breakfast instead of dinner. We're going to a Valentine's day concert over the weekend, though, so I think that's our real celebration.
Mouse2010

Postby Hansha » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:01 pm

lets see...take a nap...go to work...play video games...
The really important day is the day after Valentine's which I lovingly refer to as Super Happy Discount Chocolate Day!
" The light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it." John 1:5
Hansha

Postby Yuki-Anne » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:12 pm

Well, in Japan, it's completely backwards: the ladies give chocolates and goodies to the gents they like. Since I don't particularly like anybody (and it'd be super awkward for me to go out on limb like that if I did), I shall probably just buy chocolate and enjoy it with my (all female) coworkers as a celebration of "American Single Style" Valentine's Day.

V-day bothered me a lot in college, where everywhere I turned around there was a couple showing ridiculous amounts of PDA. These days, I'd be hard for me to care less.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Ella Edric » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:32 pm

I'll be at home hanging out, talking to my friends, who have their bfs. And being around my my siblings who have ppl they like, and probably thinking about how the guy I like is too busy to talk to me. XD; Im so pathetic. ahaha
Ella Edric

Postby Makachop^^128 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:01 pm

Gonna bake cookies and watch a movie with my guy ^.^ I made him some gifts too :P
I've always liked Valentines day personally I always loved watching the guys get presents at stores, its so cute >.< so I've always liked it :) this is the first year I'll actually be doing anything for it though lol
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby Lynna » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:03 pm

I have no boyfriend, so I'll just be going about stuff. I might make cookies for my friends and classmates though:) Oh yeah! That's right! That night, Our Concert Band is rehearsing! I'll make a whole bunch of cookies for them!!
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby bkilbour » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:07 pm

Although I agree with the whole "interrupt the routine" idea of the day, I can't stand that Valentine's day leaves people in the dust so often, encourages passion in the worst ways, and makes us forget just who St. Valentine was.

And it seems designed to remind us of our breakups, heartaches, and singleness.
you can't spell "valentine" without "evil."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCc42T99Da4
At least there are other people who relate, yeah?
And it's good for writing music.
Hebrews 12
John 14
Matthew 6
Psalm 119
May God be glorified!
bkilbour

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:19 pm

Fun reminder that [s]Valentine's Day[/s] High Standards Day only has to be awful and depressing if you let it! XD Other fun reminders include stories about St. Valentine being largely, if not completely, fictional. In other words, in b4 Nate's St. Vamlumtime rant. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Nate » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:52 pm

bkilbour wrote:you can't spell "valentine" without "evil."

You also can't spell "teamwork" without "Ewok."

And you can't spell "Christian" without "ants."

And you can't spell "racist" without "car."

And you can't spell "insect" without "incest."

And you can't spell "education" without "taco."

And you can't spell "happiness" without...well you get the idea.

Nate

Previous Next

Return to General