Valentines Day

Talk about anything in here.

Valentines Day

Postby TopazRaven » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:39 pm

So, valentines day is coming up. Anyone have any interesting plans? I know...odd question, but I'm kind of bored. As for me, I've decided to try out a 'cooking experince' that day and make strawberry cupcakes from scratch for my family and friends. I'm a terrible cook, so I imagine this won't end well, but it's the thought that counts right?
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby bkilbour » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:06 pm

I'm going to sit in my room and try to forget that it's Valentine's day.
Other than that, probably send a present to my little sister, maybe give somethin' to a couple friends who won't find it awkward, etc.
Hebrews 12
John 14
Matthew 6
Psalm 119
May God be glorified!
bkilbour

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:07 pm

My Dad, two of my siblings, and I will probably be skiing on that day.

Maybe I'll check what TCM will play and catch an old musical in the evening. Depends what's on.

Yeah, Valentine's day is kinda distant to me, I guess. XD;
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:09 pm

We usually don't do Valentine's Day since my birthday is 5 days before. I might get my husband a cute card or something though.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby steenajack » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:14 pm

My friend and I are planning on hanging out that day. Which is always fun. :)
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Postby Atria35 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:24 pm

It's a Monday. I have class first thing in the morning and last thing at night.

I will be participating in a V-Day RP on one of my RP boards, but as I don't care for the holiday (love made commercial), I shall be watching a movie such as Gettysburg or Excorcist.
Atria35

Postby TopazRaven » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:27 pm

Lol, I don't think much of valentines day either, though my friends pick fun at me and say this is only because I don't have a boyfriend. *Rolls eyes.* Me and my mother both agreed this is a stupid holiday, but well some people like it and I decided to make the most of it. It's an excuse to eat candy and chocolate and cupcakes!
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

TopazRaven

Postby Atria35 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:35 pm

I wish I could afford that :(

Regardless, I've had the same accusation made. In a way it's true, because I have to see a lot of couples doing couple-things, and it is annoying and does rather rub it in, but at the same time.... it's so commercial. I would hope that if I ever had a boyfriend, he wouldn't need a holiday to remind him to be romantic. And vice-versa.
Atria35

Postby TopazRaven » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:41 pm

Yeah, same here. I can only afford it because of my mom. Without her I'd be on the streets. xD

TopazRaven

Postby Doubleshadow » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:01 pm

I'm going to do what I do every year: Take advantage of discout chocolate the day after! Chocolate covered fortune cookies here I come!
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:03 pm

I have no real plans except to wish people a happy High Standards Day. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby TWWK » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:12 pm

Atria35 (post: 1457484) wrote:I will be participating in a V-Day RP on one of my RP boards, but as I don't care for the holiday (love made commercial), I shall be watching a movie such as Gettysburg or Excorcist.

Gettysburg? YES! Love that movie!

My wife and I are going out for dinner the weekend before, and I'm sure we'll be at home taking care of the kids on Valentine's Day, before watching Castle and settling down for the night. :P
Beneath the Tangles: Where Manga Meets the Maker

In the colors of Your goodness/In the scars that mark your skin/In the currency of Grace/Is where my song begins
~ "Economy of Mercy," Switchfoot
TWWK

Postby Furen » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:12 pm

I get the wonderful pleasure of working on that day, though it is a good way to talk to a friend of mine at work!
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby TopazRaven » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:32 pm

High Standards Day, ain't that the truth. Lol. Makes me kind of happy I am single after all.

TopazRaven

Postby Ante Bellum » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:32 pm

Doubleshadow (post: 1457498) wrote:I'm going to do what I do every year: Take advantage of discout chocolate the day after! Chocolate covered fortune cookies here I come!

This. I'm not sure what I'll get, but I hope it's something good. I just have to see what they have on sale.
Ante Bellum

Postby Furen » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:38 pm

TopazRaven (post: 1457515) wrote:High Standards Day, ain't that the truth. Lol. Makes me kind of happy I am single after all.

Tis an unfortunate fact that people end up deciding that it's only one day though, I figure that if you are in a relation ship, you don't need one day to make it special...
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Nate » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:47 pm

My feelings towards Valentine's Day have gone from bitterness, to joy, to agony, to indifference, to contentment, and now it's right back to bitterness again.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby TopazRaven » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:00 pm

Valentines day used to make me feel bitter and feel grossed out back in the day, but I don't mind it so much now. I used to get mad I've never been on a date before or had a boyfriend, but then I relized it's my own fault anyway because whenever anyone asked me out I went into anti-social mode and ran away or something. Lol.

TopazRaven

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:15 pm

So there's this girl.... mmhmm. Yup! She's wonderful.

Gonna drop a piece of candy and card in her mailbox. Gonna sign my name and write a little note. Simple gesture. A little flirtatious. No pressure. Obvious statement that I'm interested in her....

:D

Lately I've been a rather ballsy guy with this sort of thing. :D
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Doubleshadow » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:16 pm

Radical Dreamer (post: 1457499) wrote:I have no real plans except to wish people a happy High Standards Day. XD

I am so stealing this.

TopazRaven (post: 1457528) wrote:Valentines day used to make me feel bitter and feel grossed out back in the day, but I don't mind it so much now. I used to get mad I've never been on a date before or had a boyfriend, but then I relized it's my own fault anyway because whenever anyone asked me out I went into anti-social mode and ran away or something. Lol.

Just remind yourself most of them have 'grin and bear it' smiles on their faces because they are disappoint, and the special day has just highlighted how futile their empty shadow of performance of happiness is. :evil: Yes, I know.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby ADXC » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:17 pm

Oh Valentines is also "Happy SAD," which is much more applicable to everyone else.

For those of you who don't know what that is it stands for "Happy Singleness Awareness Day!" Yay! Let's throw matza balls all around! XD
ADXC

Postby Furen » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:19 pm

Doubleshadow (post: 1457533) wrote:Just remind yourself most of them have 'grin and bear it' smiles on their faces because they are disappoint, and the special day has just highlighted how futile their empty shadow of performance of happiness is. :evil: Yes, I know.

XD ouch... I like that.
Furen

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:19 pm

Doubleshadow (post: 1457533) wrote:I am so stealing this.

YESSS. Do it! XD Spread it around! I made up my own fake holiday last year to serve as an alternative to the more negative "Singles' Awareness Day," and I think it works out pretty well. XD I prefer it, anyways!
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby PrincessZelda » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:21 pm

I'm probably going to sleep in, go to the gym, work on homework, and then go to school. Like I usually do on mondays...
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."

PrincessZelda

Postby ADXC » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:23 pm

@ Corrie-That's also an interesting one, I'll keep it in mind.

*Immediately stolen and posted on FB*

Oh ok, I'll give you credit.
ADXC

Postby Okami » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:34 pm

I will be on break from school, so I will be sleeping in! :D

I had a thought about making the day one of those "getting closer to God" days, but then I thought...I'm trying to do that every day. So yup. That's what I'll be doing....hanging with God. :]
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby TopazRaven » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:44 pm

God can be with me while I make my cupcakes! We'll have a nice chat and hopefully He'll keep me from burning the house down! Lol.

Just remind yourself most of them have 'grin and bear it' smiles on their faces because they are disappoint, and the special day has just highlighted how futile their empty shadow of performance of happiness is. Yes, I know.

Lol, that's so mean. xD

TopazRaven

Postby Lilac#18 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:49 pm

[color="Plum"]What I'm doing on Valentine's? I have no idea. Probably watch anime or something by myself.[/color]
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:27 pm

Ahhh Valentiiiine's day.
Yah I guess I just see it as another day. XD
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Sammy Boy » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:11 am

I would like to get my wife some roses, but she's already told me it can only be one rose ("Because they are more expensive on Valentine's Day" - she says). I would also like to get her a card.
Sammy Boy

Next

Return to General