Happy Chinese New Year 2011

Talk about anything in here.

Happy Chinese New Year 2011

Postby Yahshua » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:37 pm

On behalf of the Asian member of the CAA I want to say Happy Chinese New Year. This year is the year of Rabbit. So have a happy Chinese New Year.
Yahshua

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:03 pm

Happy Chinese New Year everyone!!! :D
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby rocklobster » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:17 am

I happen to be a Rabbit in the Chinese Zodiac. That means this is supposed to be a good year for me.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Dante » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:31 am

Thus ends my year, the year of the Tiger. Don't get too happy Rocklobster, mine was a pretty major life transition, but if I were asked how it felt... I think I would prefer falling off a cliff ^_^ - ended up fairly well though. Of course, maybe rabbits have better luck!

EDIT: And unfortunately, it seems your year falls on an "evil star" T_T. Below is the excellent rendition in fine Engrish. This is just tease - there no evidence this actually have earthing in truht.

This is the Tai sui year for the rabbit, there is plenty of evil star and less lucky ones. You may encounter many obstacles this year in the things you do. You may have nobility that can lend a hand in your career but you will still be prone to possible pressure. You have to stay positive and strive to forge ahead, try as much as you can to improve your social skills to make future career. You will be very much prone to emotional problems, you will encounter many moodswings, hot temper and it is sometimes difficult to control. You may encounter many argument with others. This year, you should pay attention to your health, stay alert to prevent accidents. Wealth is bad, not suitable for high-risk investments in order to avoid money disputes.

Mine actually looks better as it claims a lot of my issues will get resolved, but I'm told I need to eat more vegetables and watch my health - that's good advice for any year though.
Dante

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:15 pm

Happy Chinese new year! ^^;
Pascal (post: 1456726) wrote:Of course, maybe rabbits have better luck!

They probably do, provided they still have their feet.
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby TWWK » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:32 pm

Does anyone here celebrate Chinese New Year? If so, how do you do it?

I'm Asian, but never celebrated it growing up. My future sister-in-law celebrates in with her family, and she gave my kids gifts, which was nice. But otherwise, I don't feel much of a connection to it.
Beneath the Tangles: Where Manga Meets the Maker

In the colors of Your goodness/In the scars that mark your skin/In the currency of Grace/Is where my song begins
~ "Economy of Mercy," Switchfoot
TWWK

Postby KeybladeWarrior » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:15 am

Happy Chinese New Year! All I can say is hooray, because it is year of the rabbit! I am a rabbit on the Chinese Zodiac. \o.o/
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All
The CAA Moderators.

"YEAH TOAST! TOCAA!"
KeybladeWarrior

Postby blkmage » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:38 am

TWWK (post: 1456878) wrote:Does anyone here celebrate Chinese New Year? If so, how do you do it?

I'm Asian, but never celebrated it growing up. My future sister-in-law celebrates in with her family, and she gave my kids gifts, which was nice. But otherwise, I don't feel much of a connection to it.

Dinner and collecting monies, basically.
blkmage

Postby Nate » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:49 pm

Year of the Rabbit = girls in bunny suits.

I support this year wholeheartedly.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Return to General