What do you love most about God?

Talk about anything in here.

Postby J.D3 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:09 pm

I love God because he's always with me no matter where I am, what I do or what situations I encounter - always giving me encouragement, strength and courage to face things even when I feel like running for the hills or just internally collapsing under the weight of my own crappy attitudes or just things going on around me!

In short, His "love never fails, never gives up, never runs out on me" :grin: :dance:

(Though, there is much more I could write about why I love about God but I might get RSI in my fingers! Lol)
J.D3

Postby Nanao » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:53 pm

i love God's faithfulness and consistency. when the world is constantly changing around me, it is comforting to know that God is constant and unchanging.
Nanao

Postby Yuki-Anne » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:38 pm

Htom Sirveaux (post: 1452512) wrote:For instance, appearing in the form of a flaming shrubbery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xvvvJ7hvo8

In the same vein, I love that God is so unpredictable. Honestly, the whole of His interaction in human history is unpredictable and amazing.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Sanderson » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:08 pm

I love God because he gave me a loving, caring and great parents and family.
Sanderson

Postby Doubleshadow » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:48 pm

His patience. I keep screwing up, He keeps taking me back.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Seto_Sora » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:06 pm

His Sovereignty! My Salvation! His Son! PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!

SDG
This

Seto_Sora

Postby steenajack » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:06 pm

I love so many things about God. The fact that He can take a bad thing and turn it around and make something good come out of it always makes me happy. Cause in every trial in my life, God has used it to grow me in every way. He's just so amazing in how He works!
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Postby bkilbour » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:20 pm

Every human being I've known has at one point betrayed and/or abandoned me.
God hasn't done this, and nor will He.
He says to the Isrealites, "I will never leave you nor forsake you," and the same has applied to me.

Also, I love that no matter how much I mess up, I always coem back to Him, repenting, and He forgives me, accepting me again. I don't want to sin, but I do - and He understands, so I remain forgiven.

I love Him!
Hebrews 12
John 14
Matthew 6
Psalm 119
May God be glorified!
bkilbour

Postby AnimeGirl » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:27 pm

What do I love about God? Wow, this is such a beautiful thread!

Well, there's alot of things. But for one, how much He cares. Even when we don't realize it, He's always there, and He cares. I also love how we can claim His promises. Those promises in the Bible are so beautiful! And I love how quick He can be to answer really important prayers! There's been 2 incidents in my life where He answered THE VERY NEXT DAY! It sends chills up your spine, just knowing the fact "He really heard me!" it's wonderful and frightening at the same time! ^.^

But most of all, how He is an excellent storywriter. Huh? Well, I like to view God as the author of our lives. He knows how we're gonna get from Point A to Point B, and sometimes in order to get there, He has to allow certain things we may not find pleasant to happen, but He uses what was meant for our harm to our advantage! I know when I look at my life, I felt so lonely. But now that I look back and see how my life played out, I realize if it hadn't of played out that way, I wouldn't be as close to God as I am now. I know I still drift sometimes, but I don't know where I'd be if things turned out differently. So I am glad I went through some of that stuff, in some cases, 'cause now I have the understanding of lonliness (so I can reach people who feel that way) and I can share how God was there to take that away!
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby Althaia » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:23 pm

I love God for his mercy a woman in our community was in a accident and so thought she would make it out of it alive but she did and she is as vibrant as she was before if not more
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[color=cyan]† [size=84]smile Jesus loves you[/SIZE][/color]

procastinators unite.......................tommorrow

[color=palegreen]So in times when all your hope is gone
And you go through life afraid
In your heart there lies a hopeful song
That is there to guide the way
And all the hurt and all the pain
You soon will learn was not in vain
For all your prayers, they will be heard
They'll come to pass through faith [/color]

[color=palegreen]~When you Believe from Prince of Egypt

[/color]
Althaia

Postby Lynna » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:51 pm

I love how he is always taking care of me, and how he is so compasionate and loving. He rules!!
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby Happyfeet » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:10 am

the fact that he forgives us for our impure desires
Happyfeet

Postby crusader88 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:28 pm

My first reaction was to say, He created us, but on thinking of it I love His understanding. Whenever I am shunned by those I know, feel stupidly sinful, or no longer understand myself, God remains patient. He alone understands all my better and worse complexities, and is willing to help me attain to better life.
...you must begin a reading program immediately so that you may understand the crises of our age... Begin with the late Romans, including Boethius, of course. Then you should dip rather extensively into early Medieval. You may skip the Renaissance and the Enlightenment. That is mostly dangerous propaganda. Now that I think of it, you had better skip the Romantics and the Victorians too. For the contemporary period, you should study some selected comic books.

-Ignatius J. Reilly, in John Kennedy Toole's A Confederacy of Dunces, 1960s

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
crusader88

Postby Sheenar » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:37 am

His faithfulness.

No matter how many times I've fallen flat on my face or have reached the point of despair and not knowing how on earth things can get better --He has always still been there and shows His faithfulness in glimpses of hope.

One of my friends, just last night, wrote a verse from Isaiah 41 on my wall on FB. Isaiah 41 is my life chapter --it has impacted me so much in my life. It's like God was saying through him that He has not forgotten about me.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Jake » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:35 pm

Paul (post: 1452481) wrote:His Grace. It is something He gives us alot of, even when we dont' deserve it, because he loves us so much.

Paul

Amen to that!

Galatians 5:1 probably sums up my response best:

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." (NIV)
Jake

Postby Sapphire225 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:43 pm

I love the fact that He can forgive anyone and everyone when they truly ask for forgiveness, no matter how much wrong he has done. Also, that no matter what background we came from, he can accept us and allow us to come to him, even when the world is against us. I love how even when it seems that hope is lost, he provides an escape for us when we least expect it. I love the fact that he sent his only Son, who has done no wrong whatsoever, to die for us imperfect sinful beings and allow us and even went to Hell and took all of our sins so that we could be forgiven, despite the fact we don't deserve to be.
"Because the World isn't as cruel as you take it to be." ~ Celty, Durarara!!

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
~Deuteronomy 31:6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality. ~ Iris Murdoch
Sapphire225

Postby agasfas » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:48 pm

I love that He is fair and just.
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.." Prov 17:22

The word 'impossible' isn't in my dictionary... but I don't really have a dictionary you know? - Eikichi Onizuka.
Sorry, but I stop being a teacher at 5 o'clock. - Eikichi Onizuka.
agasfas

Postby Sammy Boy » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:08 am

God gives me peace in my heart, and in my experience, though it would be His right to make me change, He has always been gentle, using various experiences to open my eyes, mind, and soul to becoming a better person than I am.
Sammy Boy

Postby Hansha » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:45 am

His faithfulness. That he is not gonna leave me because of this mess I make of my life so often. Puts up with so much so gracefully.
Hansha

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:31 am

That, contrary to what some of our own would have us think, we don't have to walk around feeling guilty, ashamed, anxious, insignificant or self-loathing concerning what we did or do. We don't have to feel this way because of who we are (which is directly related to who God is).

We are not totally wicked/evil/bad, etc. because He created us.

We are not insignificant (in fact, WE ARE IMPORTANT) because we are made in His image.

We are not guilty because He loves, understands and forgives us.

We have no need to be anxious or ashamed or loathe ourselves because God does not desire us to live our lives that way. He is so good, so merciful.

Thank goodness.
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby ProphetGirl16 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:24 pm

Where to begin?
God has so many dimensions that putting them into words is really hard.
What I love most about Him is how He is perfecting me in His own image.
God knows that I'll fall short, but he still loves me, and continues to reform me into His likeness...and the more he does; the more I like myself.
That is EPIC.
-ProphetGirl16
[SIGPIC]http://arwen-undomiel.com/oi/graphics/sigs/sam.jpg[/SIGPIC]
ProphetGirl16

Postby battletech » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:48 am

His helpfulness. There are so many times He has come through for me even though I did not deserve it. Twice I had a tooth that needed to be removed. My wisdom teeth as well needed to be removed. I always had just the exact money I needed come in just before it happened. I have had no job for two years now and my money is getting low. Guess what happened. I just received a stock certificate that I cashed in. My all glory be unto the Lord God the almighty King Jesus.
[img]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k615/bluebattletech/amuro_ray_emblem1_zps864eefb8.png[/img]
Gundam fan for life.
battletech

Postby Midori » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:44 am

Here's another thing I like about God: I don't have to speak out loud or even "think words" for him to hear me.

I don't have to write a five-paragraph essay in order for God to understand me.
Midori

Previous

Return to General