Snow!

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Ally-Ann » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:09 pm

ABlipinTime (post: 1456752) wrote:This forum's only a month old, so I'll post this here.

The town I'm in just got a snow dump overnight:

That's the exact opposite of what it was here a couple days ago; it was 70 degrees.:eyebrow: Now it's freezing again.
[color="Lime"]My Fictionpress account[/color]! http://www.fictionpress.com/u/740837/Ally-Ann

[color="Yellow"]My Fanfiction account[/color]! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2401061/ArmyAngel316

My nicknames! [color="Pink"]~*[/color][color="palegreen"]Ally[/color][color="pink"]*~[/color] [color="white"](>[/color][color="Cyan"]Mochi-chan[/color][color="White"]<)[/color]

I like mochi. ^^

I question my [color="DarkOrchid"]sanity[/color]. (._.)

Operation: Blackout
Ally-Ann

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:12 pm

We've got some good snow, but then it was glazed over with a thick layer of ice. Supposed to be more of one or the other this weekend.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Dante » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:25 pm

Just plain cold out here in Arizona, no snow, no rain, just COLD. A couple of days ago I felt like I was in Flagstaff and Window Rock (NE Arizona) hit -21 F O_O. We only hit the low to mid 20s near phoenix though - but the wind was nasty.
Dante

Postby Tsukuyomi » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:19 pm

We got a bunch of snow from the snow storm/blizzard the other day. It was so wild. You could hear the wind blowing the snow around XD It looked really pretty though how the snow collected int he corners of the sliding door ^__^ It made it look like a frame in a way xD
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:12 pm

ABlipinTime (post: 1456752) wrote:The town I'm in just got a snow dump overnight:

Oh, is that all? :P

"Snowpocalypse" was actually kinda disappointing in my area--the weather folk totally over-hyped it. We didn't even lose power. It was just another snowstorm that had to be cleaned up.
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:15 pm

All we're getting is rain. Cold, miserable, depressing rain.
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby Nate » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:51 pm

I saw someone on a site I go to say "Silly yanks think they're having a snow storm. Swede here."

And "Whatever that is, it's not a blizzard.

In Norway, where I just happen to live, temperature can fall down to -22 F. Now that's cold, and try adding a real blizzard on top of that; then you're allowed to complain."

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Yamamaya » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:56 pm

Wait Nate lives in Norway...

Anyway we haven't had any snow besides a few flakes.
Yamamaya

Postby Tsukuyomi » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:01 pm

Omi-g, the lady on the radio referred to the snow storm as "Snowpocalypse" as well xD

Yeah, they said the power to go out, but it did not. I'm glad though.. I would have been so so bored :\
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Nate » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:01 pm

I don't live in Norway. People from Norway can access the internet just like we can. :p

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Dante » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:18 pm

Nate wrote:In Norway, where I just happen to live, temperature can fall down to -22 F. Now that's cold, and try adding a real blizzard on top of that]

Pascal wrote:A couple of days ago I felt like I was in Flagstaff and Window Rock (NE Arizona) hit -21 F O_O.

^Actually, it hit -22 F, see Weather Underground link below for the info,

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airportfrompws/KRQE/2011/2/3/DailyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA
Dante

Postby Yamamaya » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:49 pm

Nate (post: 1456830) wrote:I don't live in Norway. People from Norway can access the internet just like we can. :p

I misread your second quote and thought you were actually saying that.

I do have friends from Norway so I am fully aware that they can haz interwebz.:lol:
Yamamaya

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:28 pm

No. No snow in South Australia now (or ever).
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby crusader88 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:04 pm

Things've been great here in Massachusetts! We've had three snow days in three weeks of school. The snow around the sidewalks on campus is almost as high as trenches. I have loved the snow since I was little, so this unique winter is really a boon for me!
...you must begin a reading program immediately so that you may understand the crises of our age... Begin with the late Romans, including Boethius, of course. Then you should dip rather extensively into early Medieval. You may skip the Renaissance and the Enlightenment. That is mostly dangerous propaganda. Now that I think of it, you had better skip the Romantics and the Victorians too. For the contemporary period, you should study some selected comic books.

-Ignatius J. Reilly, in John Kennedy Toole's A Confederacy of Dunces, 1960s

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
crusader88

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:56 am

Warrior 4 Jesus (post: 1456859) wrote:No. No snow in South Australia now (or ever).

I had a friend from another forum from that area and he'd always say,"You can send me your snow and I'll send you my hot weather." xD
Tsukuyomi

Postby KeybladeWarrior » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:22 am

Snow equals a nice vacation, but it is going to melt more tomorrow.
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All
The CAA Moderators.

"YEAH TOAST! TOCAA!"
KeybladeWarrior

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:34 am

I hate Snow here in Korea, but I can't imagine being in a whiteout... I had frozen pipes for about 4 days, and know how much that sucked... Living in a place like Chicago would really be terrible.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Atria35 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:11 am

Bobtheduck (post: 1456945) wrote: Living in a place like Chicago would really be terrible.

It is/was. Clearing out Lakeshore Drive consists of digging a few feet, towing a car, repeat. Abandoned cars just all up and down the road!

Living near there, we also got it rather bad. 2 ft of snow, with 4 ft drifts! Even though the snow ended around 10 in the morning, the plows hadn't reached my parent's street by 9 at night!
Atria35

Previous

Return to General