Every Litter Bits Hurts

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Nanao » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:56 pm

Ally-Ann (post: 1456054) wrote:Litter's disgusting. Especially when I see people throw it out the window of their cars. That really irks me.

agreed! we went out to eat a bit ago and someone in the parking lot threw all their lunch trash out the window. unfortunately for them, two cops were sitting in the restaurant and they got arrested XD
Nanao

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:26 am

ashfire (post: 1456581) wrote:Some people are buying reuseable bag or some people are reusing plastic bags they already have when they go shopping or buy food but this can be a problem if bags are not cleaned and germs build up in reuseable or the reused bags.

I suppose that's why we'd wash them like anything else when they're dirty.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Davidizer13 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:47 am

Warrior4Christ (post: 1456043) wrote:For several decades, my state's given 5c for recycling cans/bottles. It's now 10c.

Huh, lucky you. We get like 30 cents a pound for aluminum cans, and that's dropped off from 50 a couple years ago. At least we don't have to pay the can deposit per can in my state - at some youth gatherings I've been to, there's groups from out of state that take cans back with them to collect on the deposit for a few extra dollars.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby ashfire » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:48 pm

I remember as a kid in the late 50s thru to the 70s when we would hunt for discarded soda bottles and take them to a store to get the five cent deposit to use to buy something.
We had one kid in the neighborhood who would rather break the bottles he found because he like doing it.
ashfire

Postby PrincessZelda » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:22 pm

You know, honestly... I haven't noticed nearly as much of a problem with littering lately, at least not where I live. I think maybe it finally got through to some people. Plus, I've seen crews that drive around and pick up litter off the sides of streets and such.

But I don't know, I guess it could depend on the city/town you live in, and what part of town as well.
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."

PrincessZelda

Previous

Return to General