Man’s disability translates into inspiration

Talk about anything in here.

Man’s disability translates into inspiration

Postby Sheenar » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:51 am

With proper attitude and a sense of purpose, anyone can achieve success in their life, says Nick Vujicic, a 28-year-old author and motivational speaker who was born without arms or legs.

To many, the disability would be crippling, but Vujicic viewed his lot in life as a challenge. The insults and teasing he received from other children often led to bouts of despair, and he made a conscious effort to rise above the adversity and dream big.

Article

Has anyone else here ever heard Vick speak. It is powerful and God has used him to touch many people. I'm currently working my way through his book Life Without Limits.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby TWWK » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:08 pm

I haven't, but I did see a video on him and our pastor also showed another video. it's amazing how God has used him.
Beneath the Tangles: Where Manga Meets the Maker

In the colors of Your goodness/In the scars that mark your skin/In the currency of Grace/Is where my song begins
~ "Economy of Mercy," Switchfoot
TWWK

Postby Nanao » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:01 pm

only on tv. i saw a show about him on public television recently. i'd lever heard of him before that, but his story was so inspiring. would love to hear him speak live though.
Nanao

Postby Furen » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:22 pm

That's pretty cool
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Dr.Faust » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:04 pm

Oh yeah i've hurd of this guy
Check out my boy's art: http://www.arttronik.com/
Dr.Faust

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:59 pm

I've seen a video of one of his sermons once. I don't remember much of what it was about, but I remember liking it quite a bit. I think it was called "Life Without Limbs" or something like that... I didn't even expect it to mean that literally until I saw he really didn't have limbs!
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby K. Ayato » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:13 am

Sno, I felt the same way when I saw him speak at a concert 3 years ago. I thought it was some kind of stunt! But yeah, he is just awesome. Got to meet and hug him after the show. He is such a teddy bear :).
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:56 pm

Wow, this guy is amazing. o.o
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Sapphire225 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:46 pm

I remember watching a video in my Interdisciplinary Seminar class. I was really touched and amazed how a man who had no limbs could do so much stuff, stuff even I couldn't or never did. Just goes to show you, God can work through anyone with the will and belief that they can.
"Because the World isn't as cruel as you take it to be." ~ Celty, Durarara!!

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
~Deuteronomy 31:6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality. ~ Iris Murdoch
Sapphire225

Return to General