Anyone have a 2011 Crossover (smallish) SUV?

Talk about anything in here.

Anyone have a 2011 Crossover (smallish) SUV?

Postby Mithrandir » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:47 pm

Hey guys!

It's time to buy the wolf a new car, so we've been looking around to see what the market has to offer. Basically, we need something that can haul decent amounts of weight, maybe do 4 wheel drive, but still fit in our garage, so not have a foot print much larger than, say, a 1995 Camry (which is what we're replacing). For an idea of what we're looking for, here's a list of the cars we've looked at:

* Ford Escape
* Toyota RAV4
* Honda CRV
* Subaru Forester
* Lexus RS350 (Yeah, right! Can't afford THAT one)

Any other ideas or personal experience with one or more of these?

Thanks!
- Mith
Mithrandir

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:12 pm

I have an Escape! I love it; it's a 2004 and it runs fantastically. I've had very few problems with it (read: pretty much none so far, and it's at 90,000 miles). I don't know anything about the other cars on the list, but I can throw in my two cents for the Escape! XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby mechana2015 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:45 pm

My family has used Subaru's almost exclusively. They still run a 2001 Forester and a 1985 GL wagon, though the GL seems to finally be on it's last legs. Those cars run long and are pretty tough cars overall provided that routine maintenance is kept up with.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Dante » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:23 pm

mechana2015 wrote:My family has used Subaru's almost exclusively. They still run a 2001 Forester and a 1985 GL wagon, though the GL seems to finally be on it's last legs. Those cars run long and are pretty tough cars overall provided that routine maintenance is kept up with.

I want Suburu to bring back the Baja! :sniffle:

Sure, some people hated the look, but I thought it was the most awesome thing to ever have four wheels! A nice bright yellow Baja... :(

I mean, isn't that the full center of awesomeness, what nerdy anime character WOULDN'T drive that.
Dante

Postby Warrior4Christ » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:18 pm

I may be a bit biassed, but I'd suggest the Subaru Forester as well. They're well built and designed cars and generally last ages. (Plus, the turbo would be fun to drive...)

Pascal, we didn't have the Baja here, but the front of it and the wheels are the same as mine...
Everywhere like such as, and MOES.

"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God." - William Carey
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Postby Mithrandir » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:51 am

Thanks for your input, guys!

I did a little snooping on Edmonds and it looks like their opinion of the Forester is also fairly high. (I don't know about the turbo, but I'm sure it *would* be fun to drive!)

RD's ringing endorsement of the escape is only slightly tinted by the very pushy nature of the sales force at the local dealership (and, bizarrely, the way everyone there - regardless of ethnicity - referred to it as the "ex-cape.")

Additional input is still welcome!
Mithrandir

Postby mechana2015 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:47 am

I also really have enjoyed driving the forester when it's become necessary. It's very manouverable, and has good clearance (unlike my car) in case of having to deal with anything snowy or offroad-ey.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Return to General