Disney=Anime?

Talk about anything in here.

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:47 pm

blkmage (post: 1455126) wrote:But is Gundam ZZ anime?

It's not anime, it's the real thing!
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

wow...

Postby Mic Mic » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:32 pm

Mr. Hat'n'Clogs (post: 1455196) wrote:Y'know, forums are kind of useless for questions if we suddenly can't disagree on the question and discuss it. Imagine if every thread went like this.

"I think x."
"So do I."
"Me too."

And suddenly disagreeing and debating about why x was actually total crap is disallowed because an argument can ensue?

:sweat:Total Crap? It was a question that was all....I simply voiced my opinion and it's a bit rude to say something like that. I don't mind debating but you should accept the fact that some people do think this. It's not like this "idea" is that outlandish you know. Hence why I asked in the first place I just wanted to know is all. If you want open discussion it is possible to do it without acting as if what someone thinks is crap.

Actually I was coming to believe you might be all be right but in my mind I still am kind of on the edge with this one.:forehead:

I say it depends on the culture in America Disney is not anime by any means. Though I'm hard pressed to call it a cartoon as its more like an animated movie >< I don't know it's a different kind of art all it's own to me that inspired a lot of animation that we see nowadays. I think because of the Non/Disney Crossover community I just don't see Non/Disney movies the same anymore. But in the end I get what you are all saying!

^^ Hence I agree with you Disney ain't anime! :poke:
Inu-chan we love your kawaii earsImage Image I love Piyoko-sama pyo! The Black Gema Gema gang rocks!

See Ya!

^_~

Mic Mic
Mic Mic

Postby airichan623 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:36 pm

It's not what i call anime- but you can still wear it at an anime convention. At my first con, there were Disney cosplays, Harry Potter cosplays, and even a Cookie Monster! So wear it with pride my friend!

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:44 pm

Nami (post: 1455128) wrote:Mods, be aware, that debating is going on here. And I don't think that this should happen, since one person asked a simple question and everyone decided to make a huge flippin' deal out of it. ^_^ Be cautious Mods~!

This thread is fine; discussion is allowed on the boards and I haven't seen anything terribly disrespectful in this thread. Thanks for the heads up, but I like to encourage people with different ideas to discuss them openly. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

thanks

Postby Mic Mic » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:48 pm

TheSubtleDoctor (post: 1455134) wrote:Things seem friendly enough to me. I was not trying to mean here. I was simply offering both an answer to the question as well as a bit of discussion about certain implications and ramifications that other viewpoints may entail. If I came across as harsh, I do apologize, Mic Mic.

*was slowly hiding* Actually err I was a little scared and slightly worried. Thank you I'm new well not really new I'm old and then back new again heh. But just know I love everyone's opinions and I understand some people feel seriously about this but I'm like a Disney geek nut!! Though I didn't really want it to be anime just was curious you know.

I read manga more than I watch animes lately except for Ef a Tale of Melodies and Fairy Tail!!! I love those series^o^
Inu-chan we love your kawaii earsImage Image I love Piyoko-sama pyo! The Black Gema Gema gang rocks!

See Ya!

^_~

Mic Mic
Mic Mic

Postby Sanderson » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:51 pm

Well, Disney did the English dubs for Miyazaki movies. So in a way they are anime? o.o
Sanderson

Postby Atria35 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:00 pm

Sanderson (post: 1455225) wrote:Well, Disney did the English dubs for Miyazaki movies. So in a way they are anime? o.o

But the movies themselves were not Disney productions- a dub does not an anime company make.
Atria35

Postby rocklobster » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:12 pm

Disney is not technically anime. However, that doesn't mean you can't be a fan of them and anime. I know I am. No matter how bad Disney gets, I'll still enjoy the good stuff they still manage to crank out.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:28 pm

Mic Mic (post: 1455219) wrote::sweat:Total Crap? It was a question that was all....I simply voiced my opinion and it's a bit rude to say something like that. I don't mind debating but you should accept the fact that some people do think this. It's not like this "idea" is that outlandish you know. Hence why I asked in the first place I just wanted to know is all. If you want open discussion it is possible to do it without acting as if what someone thinks is crap.

Actually I was coming to believe you might be all be right but in my mind I still am kind of on the edge with this one.:forehead:

I say it depends on the culture in America Disney is not anime by any means. Though I'm hard pressed to call it a cartoon as its more like an animated movie >< I don't know it's a different kind of art all it's own to me that inspired a lot of animation that we see nowadays. I think because of the Non/Disney Crossover community I just don't see Non/Disney movies the same anymore. But in the end I get what you are all saying!

^^ Hence I agree with you Disney ain't anime! :poke:
I wasn't referring to your question as crap, hence my use of x to refer to any possible subject for a topic. I wasn't trying to be rude towards you or your question, I was stating how I feel about when people complain about threads having a debate. x does not refer to your topic, or your feelings about the topic, it refers to any possible subject. Hence, I could have written, say, Bleach there, or Natsume Yuujincho, the latter of which I don't actually think is crap.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Sanderson » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:39 pm

Atria35 (post: 1455227) wrote:But the movies themselves were not Disney productions- a dub does not an anime company make.

An ignorant not a person stuff thinks.
Sanderson

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:40 pm

You might want to watch yourself there, bro.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Nate » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:43 pm

Sanderson wrote:An ignorant not a person stuff thinks.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:47 pm

Sanderson (post: 1455261) wrote:An ignorant not a person stuff thinks.

As straight as lances, he fragrant the valley between her?
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby LadyRushia » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:48 pm

Sanderson (post: 1455261) wrote:An ignorant not a person stuff thinks.

This is true. Even electronic brain pancake crystal elderly.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Atria35 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:51 pm

^ What they all said XD

That made no sense.
Atria35

Postby Nate » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:53 pm

Radical Dreamer wrote:As straight as lances, he fragrant the valley between her?

God help him, the his suggestion until she moment needed to be and taller than the.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Happyfeet » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:54 pm

An admin does not a moderator make?
Happyfeet

sorry

Postby Mic Mic » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:21 pm

Mr. Hat'n'Clogs (post: 1455237) wrote:I wasn't referring to your question as crap, hence my use of x to refer to any possible subject for a topic. I wasn't trying to be rude towards you or your question, I was stating how I feel about when people complain about threads having a debate. x does not refer to your topic, or your feelings about the topic, it refers to any possible subject. Hence, I could have written, say, Bleach there, or Natsume Yuujincho, the latter of which I don't actually think is crap.

Oh I see I'm really sorry I misunderstood!! Please forgive me. You are right I kind of get what you mean by feeling like it's impossible to have a debate.

See Ya!

^_~

Mic Mic
Mic Mic

Postby Cardiche007 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:00 pm

Cognitive Gear (post: 1454867) wrote:Honestly, this is one of the reasons that I see no reason to distinguish Japanese animation into it's own special little category. Great animation comes from all over the world. I don't see anyone calling French animation "dessin animé". (Except people who speak french, of course. )

I really don't see the similarities here. Granted, the characters are fairly similar, but really most of it seems like it could be coincidence, particularly when you take into account that both are family stories about African animals. You can't exactly have your heroes eating their friends, can you?

Really, the worst offenders are things that look very strongly like homages to Kimba, though why Disney would deny it's influence on the plot advancements and composition of shots, I will never know. Things like the jutting rock and the stampede, for instance.

Here's some further reading material:

http://www.kimbawlion.com/rant2.htm

Neither is the Lion King's name a coincidence.
I still don't understand anything!
You have taught me softly
Even the true meaning of eternity
Cardiche007

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:12 pm

ShiroiHikari (post: 1454847) wrote:In Japan, "anime" means "animation". In the US, "anime" means "Japanese animation".

Yeah, very true. So by the Japanese definition, I guess Disney stuff might be considered "anime" if it's animation... But in the American sense, it wouldn't be.

Personally, I don't view Disney as "anime", but I wouldn't have a problem with somebody going to an anime convention as a Disney character...
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby Yuki-Anne » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:17 pm

Radical Dreamer (post: 1455265) wrote:As straight as lances, he fragrant the valley between her?

You guys all made me lol. I just decided to quote this one. XD

I have a friend who cosplays a variety of characters from Edward Elric to Belle. There's no problem with it.

A couple of weeks ago I saw a bunch of Japanese cosplayers. Their costumes were super elaborate. I didn't see any characters I recognized, though. Anyway, it was kind of awesome.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Diamond Dragon » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:08 pm

I really don't consider Disney anime, exept if it come to Kingdom Hearts that is...
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

DiamondDragon - the Sky pokemon
Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
http://dragcave.net/view/JXKV4
Diamond Dragon

Previous

Return to General