Neopets

Talk about anything in here.

Neopets

Postby TopazRaven » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:28 am

I'm really just kind of curious. Does anyone on here have an account on Neopets? Or am I the only loser here who likes that site? xD
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby Diamond Dragon » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:40 am

I have one (Ok, make that four) accounts!
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

DiamondDragon - the Sky pokemon
Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
http://dragcave.net/view/JXKV4
Diamond Dragon

Postby TopazRaven » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:45 am

Wow! I've only got one for the most part, for now. xD Glad I'm not alone then!
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:49 pm

I dabble with it... I was on it 24/7 when I was a kid, though.
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby Beau Soir » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:54 pm

I was pretty much obsessed with it when I was 12 or 13... I got back into my old account a couple of times recently and had such a sweet slice of nostalgia. :D It's still great, but out of my interest range now.

Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.
--James Arthur Baldwin

Charm is deceptive, beauty is fleeting,
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

(Proverbs 31:30)

Beau Soir

Postby Cognitive Gear » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:35 pm

Neopets always makes me think of the keychain Tamagotchi my sisters had as kids.

On the other hand, I had the far superior Digimon.

[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:37 pm

Beau Soir (post: 1454208) wrote:I was pretty much obsessed with it when I was 12 or 13... I got back into my old account a couple of times recently and had such a sweet slice of nostalgia. :D It's still great, but out of my interest range now.

Yeah, I totally agree. I played just about every day around grades 4 - 6. I still dabble but only for the sake of nostalgia. It's a fun site, but still, I feel kinda awkward being on it since it mostly seems to target older kids and younger teens.

Hard to believe that it started out as a site for bored college kids, though... I kinda wish they'd kept that in mind, but since late elementary/early middle schoolers seem to have taken over... I guess it only makes sense.
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby Blacklight » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:56 pm

I had gotten back to it a bit later last year, but haven't been on since around Christmas time I think... I do get on every now and then. I had several accounts as a kid, for some reason (it maybe had to do with never being able to get it activated properly, and I had no idea how to fix it, but I don't know for sure), but stick with the one I have now when I do get on. It's not something I'm heavily into, though. (Similar situation with Runescape and some other things.)
[color="Blue"]@)[/color][color="Green"]}~`,~[/color]
[font="Book Antiqua"][color="DeepSkyBlue"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color][/font]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[color="Pink"]chatbot 03:36 - Blacklight asks, are you sane?
My answer: It's hard to say, really.[/color]
Blacklight

Postby Atria35 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:01 pm

I admit it- no! I only heard about it two or three years ago. And I've been intrigued, but I never really bothered to check it out!
Atria35

Postby blkmage » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:33 pm

I had an account.

Like 11 or 12 years ago.

( ´_ゝ`)
blkmage

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:51 pm

[quote="blkmage (post: 1454241)"]I had an account.

Like 11 or 12 years ago.

(]This.[SIZE="1"]Well, more like seven or eight.[/SIZE]
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Sheenar » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:45 pm

Wow, it's been YEARS since I've been on Neopets. They had some fun games on there and that's pretty much all I'd do when I was active there.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby MightiMidget » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:24 am

I just recently returned to neopets. xD I was bored and went "Hey, whatever!" I was obsessed with it 6 or 7 years ago though. It's still fun though. I'm Riverdine if anyone wants to friend me. :lol: (and the link is in my sig.)
MightiMidget

Postby Yuki-Anne » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:20 am

Cognitive Gear (post: 1454215) wrote:Neopets always makes me think of the keychain Tamagotchi my sisters had as kids.

One year me and my brothers got Tamagotchi for Christmas. I loved my Tamagotchi.

This also reminds me that one of the kids at the kindergarten here in Japan where I sometimes teach said they wanted to be a Tamagotchi when they grew up.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Ally-Ann » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:41 am

<.< I didn't even know that Neopets even existed eight years ago. I had two Tamagotchi when I was eight. That was the most popular fad in the 3rd grade that year.
[color="Lime"]My Fictionpress account[/color]! http://www.fictionpress.com/u/740837/Ally-Ann

[color="Yellow"]My Fanfiction account[/color]! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2401061/ArmyAngel316

My nicknames! [color="Pink"]~*[/color][color="palegreen"]Ally[/color][color="pink"]*~[/color] [color="white"](>[/color][color="Cyan"]Mochi-chan[/color][color="White"]<)[/color]

I like mochi. ^^

I question my [color="DarkOrchid"]sanity[/color]. (._.)

Operation: Blackout
Ally-Ann

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:40 pm

I feel old. I haven't logged into Neopets in years.
Shao Feng-Li

Return to General