Wow...just wow...

Talk about anything in here.

Wow...just wow...

Postby TopazRaven » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:42 pm

I came across this article on Google and kind of just sat there and stared at it for awhile.

http://www.biblelife.org/biblediet.htm

I think my favorite parts where these.

The Bible describes those who recommend abstaining from eating meats as extremely evil. They are teaching doctrines of devils with lies and hypocrisy. The same is said about those who are against marriage.

1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; 3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. 4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving: 5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer. (KJV)

We can see above that people who abstain from eating meat are described in the Bible as evil. God has ordered evil people such as vegetarians to consume the flesh of humans, themselves and drink their own blood.

Satan Attacks the Family Through the Woman.

In the Bible Book of Genesis, Chapter 3, we read that Satan first temped the women, Eve, to eat forbidden food from the tree in the middle of the Garden. She ate from the forbidden tree and lulled her husband, Adam, into believing Satan, disbelieving God, and dragging all humanity into sin. Adam and Eve were both punished for their gullibility and disobedience. They were thrown out of the Garden of Eden. God posted a guard at the entrance to prevent their return. They were separated spiritually from God. Adam was forced to strive for a living by the sweat of his brow. Eve could not be trusted as a leader because she was easily deceived. Therefore, the man was placed as head over the woman. She was cursed with pain during childbirth.

Satan is still working through the woman to destroy the family. Satan is still deceiving women about food and diet just as he did with Eve in the Garden of Eden. The wife has a lead role in the preparation of the meals for the family and in making major decisions about diet. Satan continues to lie to the woman with false information about food, diet, and health.

Women typically believe Satan's lie that saturated fats are unhealthy.

Women typically believe Satan's lie that red meat is unhealthy.

Women typically believe Satan's lie that cholesterol is unhealthy.

Women typically believe Satan's lie that the family should eat lots of fruit.

Women typically believe Satan's lie that the family should eat lots of whole grains.

Women typically believe Satan's lie that a high-carbohydrate diet is healthy.

Women typically believe Satan's lie that a low-fat diet is healthy.

Women typically believe Satan's lie that cows' milk is healthy.

Women typically believe Satan's lie that cheese made from cows' milk is unhealthy.

So women and vegetarians are all evil then? Nice to know. I guess me and my uncle are out of luck then! I'm a woman and he's a vegetarian! (Note the sarcasim here guys. Just hoping I'm not the only one who finds this ridicules. -_-)
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:48 pm

Really that's the only response to have to this sort of thing. XD Wow. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby TopazRaven » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:51 pm

LOL. That made me laugh. xD That was pretty much my expresion while reading that. I liked how they said vegetarians worship animals to. Um, lol? Since when does caring about animals mean you worship them?
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

TopazRaven

Postby Midori » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:00 pm

Now guys, let's be mature and not laugh at

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! HA! HA!

at people with good intentions and misguided

AAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!! XD
Midori

Postby TopazRaven » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:06 pm

I'm glad I was actually able to realize this is a misguided article in least. Usually I be flipping out when I come upon such things. Ahahaha.

TopazRaven

Postby goldenspines » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:23 pm

I wonder why this is not in Goof Off..
Since people are laughing and all.
goldenspines

Postby Nate » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:24 pm

I almost want to dismiss this as a troll website, but...I can't figure it out. It slams Catholicism hard...but it also slams Calvinism just as hard. It also says things like:

"Invite Jesus into your heart." This false doctrine is not in the Bible. It is not the gospel.

"Give your heart to Jesus." This is a false gospel that will not bring eternal life.

"Trust Jesus as your personal Savior." Phrases "trust Jesus" and "personal Savior" are not in the Bible.

"Personal relationship with Jesus." This false doctrine is not in the bible. It is not the gospel.

"Make Jesus Lord of your life." The Bible does not support this modern-day cliché.

Then there's this little ray of sunshine:
It certainly is not true that "God hates the sin but loves the sinner," as commonly preached by false teachers. This phrase is not in the Bible. Sin is never separated from the sinner as if it were an independent entity. People are never separated from their sin as if they were independent from their sin. God is saying He hates the people who get divorced when He says He hates divorce. People are what they do. People who do evil things are evil. They cannot be separated from their evilness. A woman who does whorish things is a whore. A man who steals is a thief. God hates the thief who steals, and God hates the harlot for her harlotry. God does not hate stealing while loving the thief. No, God hates the thief. Pastors who teach that "God hates the sin but loves the sinner" are false teachers.

Many modern-day false teaches have "prison ministries" where they tell prisoners on death row and other prisoners that God loves them. This is absolutely false. God hates these wicked people every day as clearly stated in Scripture.

Most modern-day "Christian" parents tell their sons and daughters who are homos, drunks, druggies, whores, and thieves that they love them no matter what they do. This is the false doctrine of "unconditional love." These parents are enabling, supporting, and loving their children straight into Hell. It is no surprise that children of these parents are so evil. The word "Christian" is placed in quotes because the parents most likely do not know the gospel themselves, and they also are destined to Hell.

People like to consider themselves to be more loving, more merciful, and more forgiving than God. They love everyone no matter how evil the person may be. They will forgive a murderer. This attitude is pride, and God hates pride. God demands justice.

Loving an evil person is an offense to God and a sinful act. Hating an evil person is a righteous act.

So yeah.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby TopazRaven » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:38 pm

Indeed, they sound just downright lovely don't they? I'd really like to know where they get ideas like this from? Have they ever actually read the bible, because it doesn't sound like it to me. Lol and perhaps this should be in goof off. I wasn't thinking. xD

TopazRaven

Postby mechana2015 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:50 pm

Nate (post: 1452517) wrote:I almost want to dismiss this as a troll website, but...I can't figure it out. It slams Catholicism hard...but it also slams Calvinism just as hard. It also says things like:

All of this lines up with the standard independent fundamentalist rhetoric actually so unfortunately Poe's law probably applies and this is probably, unfortunately, real.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Cognitive Gear » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:59 pm

My favorite part is that they have a "Medical Disclaimer" despite that "This website will prove that eating red meat and natural animal fats while restricting carbohydrates is not only healthy but will prevent and cure many diseases." If you really had proven that and believed it, you wouldn't need a legal disclaimer.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Nate » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:00 pm

mechana2015 wrote:All of this lines up with the standard independent fundamentalist rhetoric actually

It does? I've never heard fundamentalist rhetoric argue that Paul was a sinless man after his conversion to Christianity and that if anyone says Paul was claiming that he was a sinner, that the person is espousing a false doctrine and lying because Paul himself was saying that he was without sin.

I mean...do you know any fundamentalists who would claim that?

EDIT: Also forgot to mention their claims that if you follow the Ten Commandments you're not saved because the law can't save you so if you're really a Christian you should ignore the law entirely. Try as I might, I can't think of any fundamentalist who would say that the Ten Commandments would condemn you to Hell if you tried to follow them. But that is exactly what this site says.

Nate

Postby Davidizer13 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:04 pm

*Walk or run everywhere you go. Do not use a car, bicycle, or modern transportation.

*Work hard at manual labor for your subsistence. Don't work an office job.

Using the Internet is fine, though!

*Don't eat any potatoes. Jesus never handed out French fries.

*Don't eat sugar, desserts, or ice cream. Jesus never handed out cake or cookies.

Mental image win.

Nate's bit wrote:Most modern-day "Christian" parents tell their sons and daughters who are homos, drunks, druggies, whores, and thieves that they love them no matter what they do. This is the false doctrine of "unconditional love." These parents are enabling, supporting, and loving their children straight into Hell. It is no surprise that children of these parents are so evil. The word "Christian" is placed in quotes because the parents most likely do not know the gospel themselves, and they also are destined to Hell.

And then it goes and contradicts itself here. Because God forgives us! But not if you're an evil horrible person who can't be forgiven.

Nate wrote:It also says things like:

Actually, I'd agree with that part. Not to turn this into a debate, but over time, I think we've made the Gospel into something more convenient for the status quo of the church rather than a path of sacrifice, by obfuscating its simplicity and its actual message with our own little philosophies and traditions. Something like that.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby Midori » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:05 pm

Now, I happen to also be a firm meatitarian and drink whole milk every day, but this website is really something else.

Also, remember we have to show love to those people who can't show love :| however hard it is.
Midori

Postby mechana2015 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:17 pm

Nate (post: 1452524) wrote:It does? I've never heard fundamentalist rhetoric argue that Paul was a sinless man after his conversion to Christianity and that if anyone says Paul was claiming that he was a sinner, that the person is espousing a false doctrine and lying because Paul himself was saying that he was without sin.

I mean...do you know any fundamentalists who would claim that?

EDIT: Also forgot to mention their claims that if you follow the Ten Commandments you're not saved because the law can't save you so if you're really a Christian you should ignore the law entirely. Try as I might, I can't think of any fundamentalist who would say that the Ten Commandments would condemn you to Hell if you tried to follow them. But that is exactly what this site says.

I know of churches that would espouse this precisely. Poe's law man.

Edit: For funzies I looked up their names on google and the book they wrote together comes up. It's real, published by indiebound press. They're real people, that's their real website and their real book.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:25 pm

Midori wrote:Also, remember we have to show love to those people who can't show love :| however hard it is.

They may not be familiar with the concept since apparently they've never heard of Jesus.

Hello? Er . . . In case you ever wondered what that bit is between Malachi and the maps, it's a little thing called the New Testament. You should read it.

Also, why is it these weird, legalistic religious fanatics always use the KJV? Just askin'.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Nate » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:40 pm

Htom Sirveaux wrote:Also, why is it these weird, legalistic religious fanatics always use the KJV? Just askin'.

There's two big reasons. The first is that the KJV translation had newer documents used, as opposed to more modern translations which use older documents that were discovered long after the KJV had existed. The denominations who use the KJV exclusively claim that the older documents were found "in the modern day equivalent of a trash can" and therefore they are phonies created by Satan to fool Christians. They also state that since the Bible is God's Word, it can't change in any form. Since the older documents are different from the newer documents, if you have a modern translation that uses the older ones, you are in effect saying God's Word changes and can be added to or taken away from, and your faith is meaningless.

...and again, you might counter by saying "Then the older documents would clearly be the originals and the newer ones the changed ones" but their counter would be the aforementioned "trash can" thing.

The second is they feel that modern translations mistranslate things in such a way to deny certain concrete Biblical truths. I can't be bothered to get examples from the site in question (though I do remember them saying on one page "Non-KJV translations say this which is wrong").

So I'll go to Jack Chick's site, because I know his stuff is easy to find. Gotta give the man credit for that. Okay, here's a couple of examples of why Jack Chick says "Only the KJV is right and here's proof."

For example, Christ's statement of purpose in Luke 9:56: "For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them" is completely omitted in the NIV. The same sort of statement is left out in the NIV version of Matt. 18:11.

In other places, the NIV seems to be chipping away at the doctrine of the deity of Christ. In Rev. 1:13 John saw, in the midst of the candlesticks, "Someone like a son of man" (NIV) instead of "One like unto the Son of man" (KJV). The "judgement seat of Christ" in Rom. 14:10 (KJV) becomes "God's judgement seat" (NIV). In Acts 3:13, God's "Son Jesus" becomes "servant Jesus."

If you want to know more, buy my book!

Nate

Postby Jingo Jaden » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:48 pm

Romans 14:

Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters. One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him. Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand. One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. For none of us lives to himself alone and none of us dies to himself alone. If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Davidizer13 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:53 pm

Under a list of churches that are doomed (scroll down), I found this:

"King James Version Only" Churches

"King James Version Only" churches can be of any denomination. They worship the 1611 King James Version of the Bible while being blind to the fact that the Greek Textus Receptus is the true "Received Word of God." They worship the 1611 KJV book rather than the Author. Bible Life Ministries recommends the King James Version or New King James Version as being equally acceptable but believes all other versions are corrupted.

So don't "worship" the KJV, but "worship" the Greek translation it was based on! Sound logic if I ever heard it!

And then there's this. tl;dr: There's a very convoluted explanation of pleochroic halos in biotite mica*, that gets pretty much all its geology and chemistry wrong, then uses it to prove that evolution didn't occur. Never mind the fact that evolution deals with living things, and granite isn't one of those.

*If you look at biotite (or a couple other minerals) under a microscope, you can see little black circles called pleochroic halos. These are believed to be formed by inclusions of radioactive elements, usually uranium, in the mineral that have since decayed, and the energy released by decay altered the mineral structure around them. A few researchers have suggested that since granite takes longer to crystallize than it takes for these halos to form, this is proof that the earth formed instantaneously, but others have disputed these findings. Still pretty cool stuff.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby Dante » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:59 pm

I wonder what this website would think of Daniel 1:12-16, when it spoke of Daniel in Babylon when he chose to only eat Vegetables instead of eating the food of the King?

" 'Please test your servants for ten days: give us nothing but vegetables to eat and water to drink. Then compare our appearance with that of the young men who eat the royal food, and treat your servants in accordance with what you see.' So he agreed to this and tested them for ten days.

At the end of the ten days they looked healthier and better nourished than any of the young men who ate the royal food. So the guard took away their choice food and the wine they were to drink and gave them vegetables instead."

:P, That evil villain Daniel!
Dante

Postby KougaHane » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:22 pm

This is similar to what they are doing I think, observe this pattern:

(hypothetical example)
1. Everything I say is true.
2. I say the wall is white.
3. Therefore, the wall is white

then:

1. Everything I say is true
2. The wall is white
3. Therefore, I said the wall is white.

I dunno. I found that on wikipedia. I don't remember what's it's called. Random, slightly irrelevant post? I think so.
chatbot 09:36 - KougaHane asks, Will you be my friend?
My answer: No
KougaHane 09:36 - T_T
KougaHane

Postby Nate » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:25 pm

Davidizer13 wrote:So don't "worship" the KJV, but "worship" the Greek translation it was based on! Sound logic if I ever heard it!

The funny thing is that those who use the KJV exclusively also consider the NKJV to be a corrupted and perverted translation, because it makes many of the same changes that the other modern translations do.

That link of doomed churches you posted still completely baffles me. "If you follow the Ten Commandments, you're legalistic and not really saved!" I just...how does that even work?

Also the rants against tithing. While I agree that we're not required to tithe, how else is the church going to get money? Do they expect the pastor to have a full-time job outside of the church and use the money he earns from that to personally do everything the church needs financially?

I also like the "This church preached the Ten Commandments as good and tithing as good and all their members were evil so that proves that these teachings are false!" That...doesn't even logically follow.

I also want to know where they get their claim that Satan and demons can make people speak in tongues. That's stated nowhere in the Bible and they seem to have this whole thing about "This exact phrase isn't in the Bible so it's false and wrong!" In fact, most of the time when people were possessed by demons in the Bible, they were mute.

Let's not even get started on "Presbyterians and reformed churches worship John Calvin! Lutheran churches worship Martin Luther!" What?

Nate

Postby MxCake » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:31 pm

Radical Dreamer (post: 1452503) wrote:Image

yep that pretty much sums up my reaction to that XD
[color="RoyalBlue"]"At the end of the game,The king and the pawn go back in the same box."-Italian proverb[/color]
[color="MediumTurquoise"]I will never fail you or forsake you.-Hebrews 13:5[/color]
MxCake

Postby Yamamaya » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:36 pm

As much as I want this to be a troll website, knowing some brands of fundamentalism, it's probably legitimate.

So according to them, it's our duty to tell "thieves, whores, homosexuals, etc." that we hate them and God hates them too. Because Jesus totally told the sinners around Him that He hated their guts.

Come up with any crazy idea and there will inevitably be crazy people who follow it. If we're fortunate, these people will be in the minority.
Yamamaya

Postby Furen » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:45 pm

Interesting, it's late, but I'll read the rest tomorrow and possibly post my two cents.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Yuki-Anne » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:27 am

Pascal (post: 1452533) wrote:I wonder what this website would think of Daniel 1:12-16, when it spoke of Daniel in Babylon when he chose to only eat Vegetables instead of eating the food of the King?

:P, That evil villain Daniel!

Clearly, Daniel is a woman. And we all know women are eeeeEEEEEVVVVVIIIIIiillllll...

Seriously, I once read a commentator who said that the woman's sin was a DOUBLE sin since she ALLOWED herself to be deceived, and disobeyed God. I wanted to throw the book across the room.

EDIT: I am also absolutely flabbergasted about the sweeping generalizations about women on this site, and the bizarre resistance to food science, grounded in... what? Cheez whiz?
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby TopazRaven » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:33 am

Ahahaha, yeah, I gotta say. I think that was the part that annoyed me the most. I have to resist the urge to smack people when they go on about how 'stupid' and 'sinful' women are. I just facepalm instead.

TopazRaven

Postby blkmage » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:30 am

Nate (post: 1452540) wrote:Also the rants against tithing. While I agree that we're not required to tithe, how else is the church going to get money? Do they expect the pastor to have a full-time job outside of the church and use the money he earns from that to personally do everything the church needs financially?

Selling books, obv.
blkmage

Postby TWWK » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:39 am

Slightly off-topic and slightly on, I've heard excellent things about "The Maker's Diet," which is a nutritional program based on the regulations in Leveticus and Deuteronomy.
Beneath the Tangles: Where Manga Meets the Maker

In the colors of Your goodness/In the scars that mark your skin/In the currency of Grace/Is where my song begins
~ "Economy of Mercy," Switchfoot
TWWK

Postby Hiryu » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:03 am

Nate (post: 1452517) wrote:It also says things like:

"Invite Jesus into your heart." This false doctrine is not in the Bible. It is not the gospel.

"Give your heart to Jesus." This is a false gospel that will not bring eternal life.

"Trust Jesus as your personal Savior." Phrases "trust Jesus" and "personal Savior" are not in the Bible.

"Personal relationship with Jesus." This false doctrine is not in the bible. It is not the gospel.

"Make Jesus Lord of your life." The Bible does not support this modern-day cliché.

Curiously, I hear a lot of that from evangelists.
Hiryu

Postby Nate » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:38 pm

I like the part where the college student's mother writes to the founder of the site thanking him saying her daughter was deathly ill, but is now the picture of health...because she gave up being a vegetarian and stopped jogging.

Nate

Next

Return to General