Your own interview show

Talk about anything in here.

Your own interview show

Postby rocklobster » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:40 am

Let's say you had your own interview show and you could decide on the guests? Who would you interview? (there's a catch: the person has to still be alive)
Here's who I'd pick:
Stan Lee
Linkara
The Nostalgia Critic
The Angry Video Game Nerd
Vic Mignoga (or however you spell his name. I always have trouble spelling it:waah!:)
Johnny Yong Bosch
John Cena
John Morrison
Tori Amos (I'd even get her to play piano!)
David Byrne
Mr. T
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby TWWK » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:37 am

Interesting question...how about:
Conan O'Brien
Billy Graham
George W. Bush
Harrison Ford
Bono
Bob Costas
Luci Christian
Kim Yuna
Amy Tan
Bill Cosby
Jerry Seinfeld
Paul Reiser
Jun Jihyun
Billy Crystal
and why not, Tori Amos, too, if she'll sing a cover or "1,000" Oceans
Beneath the Tangles: Where Manga Meets the Maker

In the colors of Your goodness/In the scars that mark your skin/In the currency of Grace/Is where my song begins
~ "Economy of Mercy," Switchfoot
TWWK

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:25 pm

Well to do that I'd have to pluck up the courage to not only talk to famous people, but do it in front of a camera. XD But if I inexplicably managed to do that...

-Taylor Swift
-Kellie Pickler (I'd ask why she made her second album so different. :shady:)
-Alan Jackson
-Michael Buckley
-Gail Carson Levine
-Rick Riordan(!)
-Phil and Kaja Foglio
-Tom Siddell
-Jimmy Gownley
rocklobster (post: 1451215) wrote:David Byrne
I'd ask him how the heck he writes those songs. XD They're so odd.
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:40 pm

TheSubtleDoctor

Postby Furen » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:46 pm

I'd say God as he is The Living God, but assuming it's humans
Stan Lee
AVGN
Trevor McNeven (sp)

Ummmm... More to follow, hopefully (this doesn't mean these are people on the top of my list, just because I saw their names and though "Yeah, agreed")
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby armeck » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:49 pm

adam young
Matt Theisen (idk how to spell his name)
tom deLonge
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:51 pm

John Lasseter
Andrea Parker
Patrick Bauchau
Christopher Nolan
Christian Bale
Tom Baker
David Tennant
Kristen Bell
Keifer Sutherland
Allison Mack
Michael Emerson
Terry O'Quinn
Philip Yancey
Ted Dekker
Frank Peretti
Dean Koontz
Hayao Miyazaki
Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse
Jorge Garcia
Bill Bailey
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:55 pm

[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"][color="RoyalBlue"]Oooh. I like this topic:

Anime Related Interviews:

Vic Mignogna (How could I NOT want to interview him? He's such a multi-faceted person, that an interview with him would last an entire show and would cover different subjects from Star Trek to Spirituality. And maybe, if he's up to it, a song or two!)

Greg Ayres (I think half of the interview would be about anime and the other half about his constantly changing hair color. Of course, he has to preform a few songs for the audience as well!)

Wendee Lee (How could I NOT want to interview the "Queen Mother" of anime voice actresses in America? I would love to find out about her work in the recording booth and in the directors chair.)

Mona Marshall (She's been around the block for quite some time, and I think it would be quite fun to have an interview with her!)

Tiffany Grant (She's been in the game for a LONG time, to NOT interview her would be an insult! Of course, the conversation would drift to Eva more often than not!)

Spike Spencer (He seems like a very cool person that would leave me laughing after each question, and of course, an Eva discussion would be required.)

Amanda Winn-Lee (After the backlash she received after directing "Death and Rebirth" and "End of Evangelion", I would love to give her the chance to clear the air. Also, I would love to talk with her about how she feels with regards to the new V/A for Rei.)

Shinichi Watanabe (This should be self explanatory. The chance to interview THE AFRO...)

Junichi Sato (I think half of the interview would be me talking about how much I loved his work on "Aria" and talking about his trips to Venice as research.)

Political Interviews:

President Barack Obama (He's the freaking President of the freaking United States! I would be honored if he even THOUGHT of coming on my little interview show! Of course, I would ask him the one question I don't think anyone has EVER asked; "Mr. President, Subs or Dubs?")

Michelle Obama (The chance to interview a beautiful, classy, elegant lady is one that I should not dare pass up!)

Sarah Palin (Let the fireworks begin...)

Former Governor Kathleen Blanco (I would REALLY love to get to know her more. As the first female governor of the state of Louisiana, she probably has a unique outlook on life both inside and outside the Governors mansion.)

Governor Bobby Jindal (Again, let the fireworks begin...I just wanna know what makes him tick.)

Celebrity Interviews:

Keith Olbermann (He seems like a very complex newscaster, so interviewing him for a change would be very intriguing to me.)

Rachel Maddow (I love her energy and her sense of humor. Interviewing her would be very fun.)

Adam Savage & Jamie Hyneman (They're such polar opposites, so interviewing them together would be nothing short of hilarious.)

Leonard Nimoy (Asside from the obvious, I would LOVE to talk with him about his photography work. He's really good at it.)

George Takei (He seems like the kind of person that I would get along with really well and interviewing him would be nothing short of a good time.)[/color][/SIZE][/font]
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby Fish and Chips » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:35 am

rocklobster (post: 1451215) wrote:(there's a catch: the person has to still be alive)
You mean I built this time machine for nothing?
Fish and Chips

Postby K. Ayato » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:52 am

Criss Angel
John & Korey Cooper
Jon Micah Sumrall
Jon Courson
Nick Vujicic
James MacArthur (Book 'em, Danno!)
Lea Salonga
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby armeck » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:20 pm

KhakiBlueSocks (post: 1451488) wrote:[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"][color="RoyalBlue"]
Of course, I would ask him the one question I don't think anyone has EVER asked][/SIZE][/font]

roflol oh wow that made me laugh out loud!
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby rocklobster » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:00 am

Khaki, I have to ask, what makes you think Obama even likes anime? I mean, I know he's a Spidey fan and he also likes Conan the Barbarian, but I don't see him as an otaku. But I'd definitely watch your anime stuff.
Here's some people I forgot:
1. Christopher Paolini (I'd really lay it on him. Let's let him tell his side and answer his critics)
2. William Shatner (Oh come on. I'm a trekkie, I have to interview the dude!)
3. Robin Williams (now, this would be a funny show!)
4. J.K. Rowling (I'd probably ask her about her faith.)
5. Hayao Miyazaki (YES! the man, the myth, the legend! Course, I'd need a translator)
6. Tara Strong (she's quickly becoming one of my favorite VA's. She's got some range, for sure)
7. Stephen King
8. Gary Larson (now, this would be an interesting one, if The Far Side is any indication :grin:)
9. Bill Waterson (Calvin's daddy!)
10. Tom Baker (my doctor!)
11. David Tennant (just to make the current fans happy. OK, I like him too)
12. Sylvester McCoy (he was almost as cool as Tom Baker as the 7th doc. I'd see about getting Ace on too)
13. Elizabeth Sladen (good ol Sarah Jane)
and finally:
14. Patrick Stewart (Engage!)
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Thalos » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:31 am

Guillermo del Toro [movie director]
Umberto Eco [author, philosopher]
Benedict XVI [Pope]
Tom Waits [musician]
Gore Vidal [author, activist]

Neil Gaiman [author]
Nick Cave [musician]
Noam Chomsky [philosopher, activist, linguist]
Mikhail Shishkin [author]
Christopher Hitchens [journalist, author]

Neil deGrasse Tyson [astrophysicist]
Michel Houellebecq [author]
Pentti Linkola [philosopher, ecologist]
Richard Dawkins [evolutionist]
Valery Gergiev [conductor]
Thalos

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:33 pm

rocklobster (post: 1451895) wrote:Khaki, I have to ask, what makes you think Obama even likes anime? I mean, I know he's a Spidey fan and he also likes Conan the Barbarian, but I don't see him as an otaku. But I'd definitely watch your anime stuff.

I don't see him as being an otaku, but I would see him as knowing the genre and maybe catching a few mainstream series like "Bleach" or "Naruto". Heck, if he knew about the Mythbusters and invited them to the White House...

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

KhakiBlueSocks

Postby Fish and Chips » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:48 am

I actually can't think of who all I'd ask on myself, as I'd probably run my show more topically than guest-based.
KhakiBlueSocks (post: 1451968) wrote:I don't see him as being an otaku, but I would see him as knowing the genre and maybe catching a few mainstream series like "Bleach" or "Naruto".
I do not even know where to begin with this post.
Fish and Chips

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:58 am

Dagnamitt, why do they have to be living? I could have a slew of people to interview. C.S. Lewis and Herge would be at the top of the list.
I don't think I'd like to meet Christopher Paolini, I'd just trash his writing skills. I think it would be very interesting to meet and interview Stephen King, but I don't know if I'd want to do it. He's a bit scary and seems rather bitter (though I love some of his novels).
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:21 am

Fish and Chips (post: 1452156) wrote:I actually can't think of who all I'd ask on myself, as I'd probably run my show more topically than guest-based.

[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"][color="RoyalBlue"]But....the thread is about who you would like to interview, not what kind of show you would have. Just saying.[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[Quote=Fish and Chips]I do not even know where to begin with this post.[/quote]

[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"][color="RoyalBlue"]If you see something wrong with my post, then go ahead and say it if you just feel the need to][/SIZE][/font]

KhakiBlueSocks

Postby rocklobster » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:27 pm

OK, I think I'll change it. You can add dead ones too. Personally, I wouldn't mind a debate between C.S. Lewis and Phillip Pullman. Now there'd be some fireworks!

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Fish and Chips » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:21 pm

KhakiBlueSocks (post: 1452187) wrote:[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"][color="RoyalBlue"]But....the thread is about who you would like to interview, not what kind of show you would have. Just saying.[/color][/SIZE][/font]
I mean most people would pick guests, then build show topics around who they were interviewing. Conversely, I'd have some show topics already in mind, then work backwards to figure out who I'd consider having on.

To put it another way, most people would think "Neil Gaiman," invite him on, only to end up talking comics. I'd plan an episode devoted to comics, draw up a list of possible guests, narrow it down, and then maybe call Neil Gaiman in.
KhakiBlueSocks (post: 1452187) wrote:[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"][color="RoyalBlue"]If you see something wrong with my post, then go ahead and say it if you just feel the need to][/SIZE][/font]
I'm not sure what part of thinking the 49-year-old Leader Of The Free World would watch (badly) animated television shows intended for young teenagers would require any additional explanation as to its baffling-ness, but I look forward to you trying anyway.
Fish and Chips

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:40 pm

Play nice, everyone.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby blkmage » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:40 pm

Fish and Chips (post: 1452447) wrote:I'm not sure what part of thinking the 49-year-old Leader Of The Free World would watch (badly) animated television shows intended for young teenagers would require any additional explanation as to its baffling-ness, but I look forward to you trying anyway.

Yeah, he's probably more into the kuuki-kei animu.

blkmage

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:36 pm

Fish and Chips (post: 1452447) wrote:I'm not sure what part of thinking the 49-year-old Leader Of The Free World would watch (badly) animated television shows intended for young teenagers would require any additional explanation as to its baffling-ness, but I look forward to you trying anyway.

As you already know, anime appeals to a wide variety of people of different ages, races and cultures. It's an evolving genre that gains new fans each and every day. I'm sure that there are quite a few fans (many I talk with both online and offline) who would disagree with your thoughts that anime is just for young teenagers. Now, I could be wrong, I will be the first to admit, but who's to say that I'm not right? Unless you're actually a permanent guest of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, there's no real way on knowing whether or not the POTUS watches anime or not.

KhakiBlueSocks

Postby Fish and Chips » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:00 am

blkmage (post: 1452454) wrote:Yeah, he's probably more into the kuuki-kei animu.

Don't be lazy.

That's just crazy.
KhakiBlueSocks (post: 1452551) wrote:I'm sure that there are quite a few fans (many I talk with both online and offline) who would disagree with your thoughts that anime is just for young teenagers.
I like the part where I actually said this. Except that I didn't.

I didn't say Barrack Obama doesn't watch Anime or couldn't watch Anime. If he does though, I sincerely - sincerely - doubt he keeps up with anything like Bleach or Naruto. And if you can't see that, I'm not sure I see much hope for this conversation.
Fish and Chips

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:15 pm

Radical Dreamer (post: 1452453) wrote:Image

Play nice, everyone.

This was my favorite post in this thread.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:33 pm

Radical Dreamer (post: 1452617) wrote:
Radical Dreamer (post: 1452453) wrote:Image

Play nice, everyone.

This was my favorite post in this thread.

This made me giggle.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Fish and Chips » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:58 pm

It's a good thing Blkmage, Khaki, and I posted in this thread, or Corrie would be double posting.

And that's no good.
Fish and Chips

Return to General