Virginity seen as bad!?

Talk about anything in here.

Postby shooraijin » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Cardiche007 (post: 1450190) wrote:
shooraijin (post: 1450142) wrote:So show your cards. Why is it bad to be responsible with an act with significant emotional and reproductive overtones? If you're not implying it's bad, then what's your point here?

Marriage and the like requires a certain sobriety and acknowledgment that not all the bits of your relationship are sunshine and roses. If you truly want someone, be ready to bleed and sacrifice on their behalf.

Many folk engage more responsibility than they can handle, and in biting more than they can properly chew, only make life miserable for themselves and others. It's a sad, ugly truth.

I admire folk who can commit as good as their word.

I agree with that as far as it goes, but I'm with Nate: I can't tell exactly what you're arguing here relative to the topic.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:57 pm

bkilbour (post: 1450228) wrote:um... boy, there sure is a caustic feeling in the horizon, isn't there?
. . .
Sorry, my DA compadres... I'm just starting to see this kind of thread as all too predictable and frustrating.

Actually, I wasn't getting that from this thread at all, and I think it's progressed very well thus far. If any "caustic feeling" is on the horizon, I'd prefer it stay civil and not be egged on by this sort of post. Moreover, if you find these threads predictable or frustrating, you are welcome to find another, less predictable thread to post in.

Nate wrote:So while it's not my place to say if Jesus really meant staring at a woman lustfully was really adultery, I don't think that's the only possible interpretation of that verse. I mean, if I say "I hate you" to someone the police don't rush in and say "You're under arrest for murder!" But Jesus said that hating someone was the same as murder. But "hating a person" is not the real definition of murder, now is it?

For what it's worth, I've always understood those verses to be explaining how thoroughly everyone is a sinner. That is, where someone may think, "I'm a good person because I've kept most of the commandments]actions[/i], we are still sinners because it's in our nature. But yeah, that's just what I've understood it to mean. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Cognitive Gear » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:57 pm

bkilbour (post: 1450228) wrote:um... boy, there sure is a caustic feeling in the horizon, isn't there?
Careful! We might have the same darn situation when topazraven made a similar thread, and this is how it went.

(Christian who advocates waiting for marriage, who happens to say fornication is a sin)]Soft-Christian who has a mixed opinion[/I]);
"Well, I don't think it's necessarily a sin, but there sure is a lot of sin in doing that kind of thing too much. I'm personally saving myself for marriage - unless that one loving someone shows up."

(Person who probably hates Christianity, but never comes out and says it);
"I oppose everything you all are saying. All of these notions are incredibly uneducated and ignorant. Strict and moralistic people are stupid. I'm not going to voice anything but a contrarian opinion, and use fallacious reasoning to defend what I am likely practicing, but never confess outright. Prepare to get angry and feel small."

Now see, personally, whenever I hear Jesus say that looking at a woman with lust for her is adultery in my heart, then it must mean that adultery is a LOT MORE BROAD of a sin than just sleeping with someone other than your spouse. In fact, that means that all sexual sin is really a form of adultery; Christ gave the true definition of the term.
And if looking at a woman lustfully is a sin.... then sleeping with her outside of marriage is definitely a sin. So I'll keep my virginity until I'm married, thank you very much.

Sorry, my DA compadres... I'm just starting to see this kind of thread as all too predictable and frustrating.

Now... as for the ridicule and expectancy of those who are not virgins towards those who are, it's easy. People will be people. Many feel bad about what they are doing, but it's not so bad if others are doing it. Others simply want you to quit "acting like a kid." Some really just want you to not have any purity or innocence. It all depends - pick your poison.

What is DA?
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:04 pm

Nate (post: 1450236) wrote:But the things Jesus said weren't meant to be taken at face value most of the time. Take, for example, these verses:

If your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire. And if your eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell.

Now, we all know that our foot doesn't cause us to sin. Our eye doesn't either. Nor does our hand. Sin comes from the heart. It doesn't come from other body parts. So why would Jesus say to cut off our feet and hands and gouge out our eyes if sin doesn't come from those places?

Simple. Because He wasn't to be taken at face value. The message Jesus was saying here is "Sin is so bad that you should be willing to do anything, absolutely anything, to flee from it or get rid of it. Sin is so bad you should be willing to lose body parts rather than do it." He wasn't really saying to maim or mutilate ourselves.

Same as when Jesus said, "I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world." Jesus wasn't saying to be cannibals and eat Him. Taking that sentence at face value would be severely misinterpreting it. He meant something different than what He was actually saying.

So while it's not my place to say if Jesus really meant staring at a woman lustfully was really adultery, I don't think that's the only possible interpretation of that verse. I mean, if I say "I hate you" to someone the police don't rush in and say "You're under arrest for murder!" But Jesus said that hating someone was the same as murder. But "hating a person" is not the real definition of murder, now is it?

To use a phrase I've become intimately familiar with, "It's more complicated than that."

Quoting this for emphasis.

Also:

airichan623 (post: 1450204) wrote:In relation to anime, though, there is one example of getting laid being bad for the main character: Gundam Seed.
[spoiler]Kira has sex with Flay, but mostly because she used him completely for her own ends in her twisted way. He was already broken down, and she seduced him in his moment of total weakness. And after she was dead, due to what they did, he can't forget her.
but on the bright side, he ended up with the Princess of Purity, Lacus, who loves him for all the right reasons, and doesnt force the physical part of the relationship.[/spoiler]

I-- I-- I don't know what to say to this.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby bkilbour » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:12 pm

Nate, see, the way the government sees murder and the way God sees murder are two totally different things.
Also, if Jesus said it's a sin.... then it is.
And yes, I am sure He did not tell people to pluck out their eyes literally... but adultery is still a sin, and He still said that looking at a woman with lust in one's eyes is adultery.
There is NOTHING to suggest that He didn't really mean what He said.
Otherwise, we might as well put everything He said into question, including salvation and love - I mean, gosh, did He really mean that I should love my enemies and give to the poor? Surely, He was just using a figure of speech, right?

If sin comes from the heart, then acting on one's heart's sinful desires is... a sin. An then, acting further than just having something in your heart is... you guessed it, a sin.

Please read the top section of the post you were quoting.
I absolutely hate it when threads like these descend into petty ranting and arguments, where one group seems to defend sin (or claim that it isn't a sin), and the other is trying to keep away from it (or give a please-everyone pseudo answer).
Hebrews 12
John 14
Matthew 6
Psalm 119
May God be glorified!
bkilbour

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:16 pm

bkilbour (post: 1450252) wrote:I absolutely hate it when threads like these descend into petty ranting and arguments

You started it.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby bkilbour » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:21 pm

heh....
I suppose I did voice my concern a little agressively.
I'll own that.
Hebrews 12
John 14
Matthew 6
Psalm 119
May God be glorified!
bkilbour

Postby Okami » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:23 pm

It's very interesting to me that this thread came about a few days ago, and today my pastor at my homechurch began a to-be month long sermon series on "Pure Sex." He made a box where people can request topics to be discussed and questions to be answered Biblically. So we'll see where it leads. I asked my mom to get me the sermon cds since I begin the new semester tomorrow (today?) and won't be around on the weekends to catch the series. And since online sermon videos and podcasts haven't been updated since October and April, respectively, I'm out of luck, there.
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:24 pm

bkilbour (post: 1450252) wrote:I absolutely hate it when threads like these descend into petty ranting and arguments, where one group seems to defend sin (or claim that it isn't a sin), and the other is trying to keep away from it (or give a please-everyone pseudo answer).

Please re-read my post. This thread doesn't have to "descend into petty ranting," in fact, as I mentioned, it was doing relatively fine, and is actually now off the original topic. If you don't want the thread to turn into a petty rant, you're partially in control of that.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Cognitive Gear » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:26 pm

bkilbour (post: 1450252) wrote:Nate, see, the way the government sees murder and the way God sees murder are two totally different things.
And yes, I am sure He did not tell people to pluck out their eyes literally... but adultery is still a sin, and He still said that looking at a woman with lust in one's eyes is adultery.
Otherwise, we might as well put everything He said into question, including salvation and love - I mean, gosh, did He really mean that I should love my enemies and give to the poor? Surely, He was just using a figure of speech, right?

If sin comes from the heart, then acting on one's heart's sinful desires is... a sin. An then, acting further than just having something in your heart is... you guessed it, a sin.

I absolutely hate it when threads like these descend into petty ranting and arguments, where one group seems to defend sin (or claim that it isn't a sin), and the other is trying to keep away from it (or give a please-everyone pseudo answer).

What is DA?
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Peanut » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:28 pm

Edit: Everyone else has said pretty much what I wanted to say...so disregard this post...curse my slow response time...
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby Nate » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:33 pm

bkilbour wrote:Nate, see, the way the government sees murder and the way God sees murder are two totally different things.

If that's true why didn't God jump all over Cain for hating his brother before he actually killed him? If hatred = murder then God should have punished Cain before the whole killing part.

Not that I'm defending hating people. Hating people is definitely bad, but I really don't believe it's equivalent to murder. And otherwise God would be a hypocrite anyway. "Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated." If hating someone is equivalent to murder, wouldn't God be guilty of murder for hating Esau?

Why just Jesus and not God? Especially since God was so much more detailed about sins. Like, if you shave your beard, that's a sin. Wear clothing made of two different fabrics? That's a sin. And so on.

There's nothing to suggest He didn't really mean what He said about the whole eating His flesh thing, either. Should the crowd have killed Him and consumed His body? No, that'd be stupid. But Jesus never said that He didn't really mean it.

In fact, then the Jews began to argue sharply among themselves, “How can this man give us his flesh to eat?â€

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby airichan623 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:51 pm

ShiroiHikari (post: 1450247) wrote:I-- I-- I don't know what to say to this.

oops....sorry shiroi. dont read spoilers if you dont want a series spoiled!!! (i got that part ruined for me like 3 episodes in)

Cognitive Gear (post: 1450258) wrote:What is DA?

Deviantart.

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Postby bkilbour » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:57 pm

Cognitive Gear (post: 1450258) wrote:What is DA?

Sorry, had a temporary lapse due to being on a few sites at once.
Shoulda said CAA.

Should have kept my mouth shut, too.
My apologies for bringing my bad day into your thread, Sapphire.
Hebrews 12
John 14
Matthew 6
Psalm 119
May God be glorified!
bkilbour

Postby Midori » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:22 pm

I propose we take here the same attitude as we took in the other thread.

"Although I think you're wrong, and I wish you agreed with me, I respect you despite our disagreements."

Can we have more of that please? Even if you mean to have that attitude, it may not appear that way to others, so please be extra-sure to let people know you respect them. Just remember: people are not psychic.

This kind of overt, obvious respect is the only thing that will let theological discussions continue taking place on this board. Note the emphasis. It ought to be obvious to everyone reading your post. Even if you don't literally say "I respect you" your tone should be friendly and not be judging or condemnatory.

Wow, sorry to sidetrack this thread with a lecture. I estimate about 50% to 80% of online fights are due to communication errors, rather than actual lack of goodwill.

Also, it's amazing how much damage a real apology can fix, at least among mature Christians. I commend bkilbour for giving us a good example of Christianly conduct.
Midori

Postby Cardiche007 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:25 pm

shooraijin (post: 1450238) wrote:I agree with that as far as it goes, but I'm with Nate: I can't tell exactly what you're arguing here relative to the topic.

Just that sex and money are joined at the hip, and for better or worse, this has been the case since ancient times. We've inherited this evolutionary baggage. Christian and non-Christian each have at least some notion, subconscious or otherwise, that instinctively equates sex and money with success.

Thus the fallacy: When society or members thereof encounter virgins, there is at least a tendency, on a gut level at least, to make all kinds of assumptions about the lives of virgins that may or not be true. Or at least the assumptions may not be as accurate as they were 2,000 years ago or earlier. At that time and for long thereafter, folks tilled the land and needed larger families wherewith to do that--thus the importance of marriage (i.e sex & children) as a means to grow food, which was also had the same value as cash in some places.

I don't know if that helps at all. But I'm darn sick of re-hashing and bludgeoning all this to the ground and further. Take it or leave it folks.
It's not made of iron. I won't be butt-hurt if folk take this argument out to pasture and out of their minds.
I still don't understand anything!
You have taught me softly
Even the true meaning of eternity
Cardiche007

Postby Doubleshadow » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:23 pm

Nate (post: 1450192) wrote:I kind of want to debate your points but I'm not sure what your points are.

No worries, I've known him for years and had a tough time following. XD

(Note to self, do not read threads backwards)
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:11 pm

Replying to what I think was the original topic, it looks to me that looking down on someone because the person is still a virgin is like looking down on someone because he/she has never had a girlfriend/boyfriend. Just carried one step further, if that makes sense.

...Which I think is just me rephrasing what some other people have said already. Sorry about that. XD
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby TGJesusfreak » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:06 pm

bkilbour (post: 1450252) wrote:Nate, see, the way the government sees murder and the way God sees murder are two totally different things.

I agree totally with you dude. But for the sake of people in this thread. I would recomend taking it to PM. cause this might get a bit ugly if youre not careful. Just a recomendation. >.>](Note to self, do not read threads backwards)[/QUOTE] lolwut? XD
TGJesusfreak

Location: USA... Earth... the milky way galaxy... the universe...

Postby Nate » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:19 pm

Cardiche007 wrote:Just that sex and money are joined at the hip, and for better or worse, this has been the case since ancient times.

I agree, but it's the opposite of what you're thinking. If I was in ancient Israel and I saw a woman I liked, I would have to pay her father x amount of money to get her hand in marriage (or x amount goats, camels, whatever). This wouldn't necessarily mean I was well off though, so I don't think what you're saying (that marriage = success) is a valid one.

On top of that, again, the stigma isn't against a person being unmarried. It's against a person never having sex. A person could be a bachelor their entire life and be seen as a "stud" and successful if he got enough girls in the sack. In fact, he'd probably be seen as MORE successful than a married man because he doesn't have "the old ball and chain holding him back."

Nate

Postby Yamamaya » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:17 pm

Indeed, I've seen t-shirts before that have a picture of a guy getting married with text below that says, "Game Over." The ideal, "stud" in our society is a guy who doesn't get married but has a lot of sex. He is able to convince any woman to sleep with him.
Yamamaya

Postby Cardiche007 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:43 pm

Picture olde McDonald on his farm with the tractor he bought. Probably put a holocaust in his wallet to buy that tractor. He didn't have any choice if he wanted enough crops to turn a profit come harvest time. Nonetheless just because the man has the right equipment there's really no guarantee his harvest will be a good one. The farmer only assumes his harvest will be profitable, otherwise he wouldn't buy the tractor at an obvious lose, and we too allow him this assumption. We assume the tractor is instrumental to his success. Now that said, perhaps it was a little like that for the agricultural jew in the old world? Although may or may not be successful at anything he will still make the same kinds of investments successful people own. In that context, the Jew's wife could be like Olde McDonald's tractor. A machine for bringing goods to market.
Whatever commercial successes our old Jew has, he begins conflating all these different notions of money, marriage, sex=success. And the more money he makes at market every year, the more he believes it himself and we can all see the results too. We begin to find this old Jew a believable paradigm. We begin making assumptions of our own.

Of course it isn't anything like that today. Today you can have all the sex you want and be successful. When/how did marriage get elided out of our notions of sex <success>? As mentioned, a man who beds many females is success nowadays. I would never claim society claims otherwise.

As a side note, I can say that most Mediterranean cultures other than Semite adopted the opposite notion. Among them the father-in-law paid his son-in-law a dowry (see also Gentiles=Greeks+Romans).
Cardiche007

Postby Nate » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:58 pm

...comparing a woman to a tractor? Really?

And your analogy...doesn't work. The tractor is a tool for helping to harvest crops. If selling crops is your primary source of income, you can logically follow how being able to harvest crops faster (and harvest more of it) can lead to more money. Like, the faster you can harvest them, the more you can plant, and the less that goes to waste.

As for the "old Jew" analogy I'm not sure how the woman compares to the tractor (as she isn't going to be directly contributing to the work, whatever his job may be). Even if you compare the children to the tractor (which seems to work better on a certain level I guess), it's not as simple as "Buy tractor, receive easier work." Kids gotta grow older too. It would've been a few years before the kid could even be trained in their dad's job, and even then, the father would have to devote time to training the kid until he actually got good enough to help, which who knows how long that would take. Plus you have to factor in the costs of raising kids, which is always fairly high no matter what culture you're talking about. A tractor is a one-time payment and once in a while you put some gas in it, maybe get it tuned up. Kids constantly require food and clothing, so over time, the kids are going to be way more expensive. Of course, ancient Israel didn't think of children as a monetary burden obviously but as a blessing, my point is just that the analogy still doesn't work.

Even so, it still makes no sense as far as marriage (or sex) equals success, especially since the Dark Ages would have shattered that notion completely. To be successful in that time period required being born into the right family. It didn't matter who you married if you were a serf, you were still gonna be poor. It didn't matter if you got married if you were born into nobility, because you were rich. So again, at that point in human history any "marriage/sex = success" thoughts people might have had would have been pretty much destroyed because "class = success" would have replaced it.

Nate

Postby LadyRushia » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:02 pm

Just to lighten the mood. :P
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Cardiche007 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:56 am

That tractor analogy is a reversal of the ancient metaphor of ''plowing one's field." Which describes the woman as a field or garden, obviously so, and what I did by comparing her to a tractor was merely illustrate the utilitarian nature of that supposition.
Considering as well the cults of Ceres, Freyja, Isis, and Ishtar (aka the Astarte the hebrews worshipped as an idol) you can see for yourself the myriad ways child fertility and the fertility of the land are conflated together. There remains some sort of connection there.
A word as well about the Dark Ages: Successful people therein, the landed nobility as you mentioned them, used marriage as a tool to foment alliance with other fief lords, as this guaranteed that their success would carry over another generation. Sometimes they even married a near or distant cousin (as Russian Czars did). Whether they married into the family or not, they definitely exploited marriage for their own gain. Whether the marriage itself was the end (as in fomenting political and military alliance) or keeping the riches in the family was. However you look at it, neither sex nor marriage and children for their own sakes was really the point. In a word, the Dark Ages lowered everyone's expectations. Including the class of the uppers.
Cardiche007

Postby mechana2015 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:22 pm

You're using 2% of the population in the dark ages to try to conflate marriage with success. That's not a passable statistic. Nobody talking in this thread is royalty, and it isn't the Dark ages now anyhow.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Cardiche007 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:09 pm

Indeed.

http://cheezburger.com/jaspatrick/lolz/View/3729824000

And yet there is still that olde patriarchal view fief lords ascribed to themselves and their more humble subjects. A view that is corollary to the client and patron relationship the Romans practiced. The word patron itself is derived from the latin word for 'father.'

Of course, in the main, that has nothing to do with sex, little to do with marriage, and far more to do with power.
Cardiche007

Postby Lynna » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:47 pm

Cardiche007 (post: 1453427) wrote:Indeed.

http://cheezburger.com/jaspatrick/lolz/View/3729824000

And yet there is still that olde patriarchal view fief lords ascribed to themselves and their more humble subjects. A view that is corollary to the client and patron relationship the Romans practiced. The word patron itself is derived from the latin word for 'father.'

Of course, in the main, that has nothing to do with sex, little to do with marriage, and far more to do with power.

I acctually tottally see what you're getting at now.
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby Yamamaya » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:10 pm

This thread is making me want to wear suspenders and plant corn seeds and then complain about the lack of rain.

Either that or join some knightly order.
Yamamaya

Postby Kunoichi » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:57 pm

Well i haven't read everyone's posts as usual (Just so much to read 0_o)

For me, I had always wanted to "save myself for marriage". It was something I felt very strong on. Well then I was raped (the first one anyways that I knew of) definitely skewed things for me. I thought that must mean I was no longer a virgin etc etc, especially since the man who was doing those things eventually psychologically convinced me i wanted it, even when I said no. (That is a long story for a different time). In any case, what I feel now at least is that (and many abusive relationships later...again long story), when I have sex with someone..you give a part of yourself to that person. Whether it was rape or consensual (and I have had consensual sex once). So my personal reason for now having abstinence is because I don't want to have to give myself to anyone else.

(If the abuse talk I entered was inappropiate or upsetting, please let me know and I will edit it and take it out)
I am on the forefront of battle against the demons of earth. All Praise and Glory be given to God Forever and Ever!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Kunoichi

Previous Next

Return to General