What's your nationality/ethnicity and race.

Talk about anything in here.

Postby SnoringFrog » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:29 am

I'm white. Somewhere back in the line I'm Polish, not sure how much of that I've got or what else got mixed in along the way. And I'm an American. Yay?
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby rocklobster » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:00 am

Now I keep expecting Nate to start talking like Mr. T and start assailing us with Mohawk grenades.
Although, that would be kinda cool.
Sorry, but every time I see Barret I think of Mr. T. Heck, I even heard his voice when I played FF7.
Weird, ain't I?
Oh, and KBS, high-five, my Cajun black brother from another mother!
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Sparx00 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:41 am

I'm 100% American. If you want to know my ancestry however, my family originally came from Ireland. They were later introduced to Scotland, then to England, and finally to America where the current generation of my family is living.
You wish you could shred like me.
Sparx00

Postby Cardiche007 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:27 am

I'm jus' a plain olde white guy. Nothin' special.
I still don't understand anything!
You have taught me softly
Even the true meaning of eternity
Cardiche007

Postby Nate » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:44 pm

rocklobster wrote:Now I keep expecting Nate to start talking like Mr. T

Nah I'd be more like the guy from that episode of Black Heaven.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Garland » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:17 pm

I don't know in fractions, but I'm Scottish, English, Irish, and German Swiss. I'm an American.
I, Garland, will knock you all down!-Garland (FF1)

Gruve Nitro's website
Gruve Nitro is a band whose genre is considered (by me) "Christian Funk." It is based off the old Earth Wind and Fire style, and some of the original players play on the album as well as Ray Parker Jr. (from the Ghostbusters theme)

Fortune Cookie:Behind an able man, there are always.
Garland

Location: Somewhere between a machine's logic and a person's consciousness

Postby Tancos » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:11 pm

I'm half-Martian.
Tancos

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:38 pm

50% Slovak, 25% English, 25% Austrian. And American. That's in there somewhere, too.

...Nobody's gonna somehow use this information to stalk me, right? >.>
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Yuki-Anne » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:05 pm

I'm mostly German, with some other European countries thrown in for good measure. And I'm American.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Midori » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:11 pm

I'm Californian. Some of my ancestors came from the eastern European areas, but for the most part all of my family has been in California as far back as we remember.

Although it bothers me that tests and stuff always have a bubble for generic "white" compared to the interesting diverse bubbles they have for other races and subraces ("Pacific Islander" anyone?), there really is no thinner way to classify myself. Honestly I wish there was no field for race on those forms. It drives me up the wall.
Midori

Postby bkilbour » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:35 pm

I'm 1/2 German, 1/4 Blackfoot Indian (it's okay to say indian - it's not offensive), and 1/4 American back to the revolutionary days.
I've got relatives that fought in every American war (on both sides of the civil war), I am related to nazis and WWII vets, and I have both slave owner and abolitionist ancestors.

My name, Blake, means black in Scots dialect and light in welsh...

Very conflicted background.
Hebrews 12
John 14
Matthew 6
Psalm 119
May God be glorified!
bkilbour

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:55 pm

Midori (post: 1450500) wrote:Although it bothers me that tests and stuff always have a bubble for generic "white" compared to the interesting diverse bubbles they have for other races and subraces ("Pacific Islander" anyone?), there really is no thinner way to classify myself. Honestly I wish there was no field for race on those forms. It drives me up the wall.

They typically do have a "Pacific Islander/Alaskan Native/Native American" bubble on tests I've taken... Along with "White/Caucasian/Non-Hispanic", "Hispanic/Latino", "Asian" (sometimes "Pacific Islander" is listed with "Asian" instead), "Black/African American", "Other", and "I Prefer Not To Say".

Maybe they're just more specific where I live, though.
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby ST. Attidude » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:18 am

My nationality is simply put, White American.

As for ethnic background, I really don't have much of a clue...but if there's any certainty its probably English with a bit of Russian and a pinch of Cherokee and Blackfoot.
[color="Magenta"]@[/color][color="Red"])}[/color][color="DarkGreen"]~[/color][color="Green"]`,[/color][color="Lime"]~[/color] [color="LightBlue"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, [color="Red"]As Thanks,[/color] [color="LightBlue"]To All The CAA Moderators[/color][/color]
______
[color="Navy"]ST[/color][color="Blue"].[/color][color="RoyalBlue"] Attidude's[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"].[/color][color="LightBlue"].[/color].Portfolio Site, Twitter,
DeviantArt page
ST. Attidude

Postby TGJesusfreak » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:13 pm

@Steena, you're so awesome. XD

I am Scots-irish, english, German, a tiny tiny bit of native american, maybe some welsh in there somewhere. XD but yeah. My ethnicity is kinda mixed. But I am [SIZE="3"]100%[/SIZE] american. XD

I must have some german in me for sure, I'd make a good nazi... why? cause I have blond hair and blue eyes. XD buuuuut if I want to be a nazi I'd hav to hate jews, want to kill people, and make a perfect human utopia..... =/ meh, I'm to lazy for that. XDDD
TGJesusfreak

Location: USA... Earth... the milky way galaxy... the universe...

Postby Nate » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:53 pm

TGJesusfreak wrote:I'd make a good nazi

Taking things out of context is fun.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Davidizer13 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:11 pm

I'm a Caucasian American, and as far as I know, I'm a bit over half German (as far as I know), and the rest is English, but a genealogical analysis one of my mom's relatives did says that her side's been in America since the 1600s, so maybe English isn't quite the word for it?
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby TGJesusfreak » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:59 pm

Nate (post: 1451022) wrote:
TGJesusfreak wrote:I'd make a good nazi

Taking things out of context is fun.

XDDD I Lol'd
TGJesusfreak

Postby kairo14 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:06 pm

bkilbour (post: 1450509) wrote:I'm 1/2 German, 1/4 Blackfoot Indian (it's okay to say indian - it's not offensive), and 1/4 American back to the revolutionary days.
I've got relatives that fought in every American war (on both sides of the civil war), I am related to nazis and WWII vets, and I have both slave owner and abolitionist ancestors.

My name, Blake, means black in Scots dialect and light in welsh...

Very conflicted background.

Wow.

Well, supposedly have a little Blackfoot and Cherokee Indian blood. But mostly I am Irish (or Celtic, that is) with a little French also.
ImageImage
[font="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"]www.osheadavis.com / "MOES: Go, and scroll no more." [/SIZE]
[SIZE="3"]Dragonballz rocks, and, Jesus Saves / Naruto does multi-clone no jutsu,, but,, Jesus gives new-birth no jutsu[/SIZE][/font]
kairo14

Postby TGJesusfreak » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:12 pm

kairo14 (post: 1451081) wrote:Well, supposedly have a little Blackfoot and Cherokee Indian blood. But mostly I am Irish (or Celtic, that is) with a little French also.

awesome! *high fives*

You reminded me, I forgot about my Celt blood in me XD; man I am a pot of weirdness soup.
TGJesusfreak

Postby Adorima » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:24 pm

Ako'y Ako'y Filipino!

I'm Filipino 1/4 Chinese with some Spanish heritage. Or is that what all Filips say? :O

TG: I told you you were Rolf. ;D
Adorima

Postby Makachop^^128 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:29 pm

I'm mostly Scottish, French, Swedish and British :) sooo just European lol :/
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby That Dude » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:34 pm

I'm what some would like to call a mutt...

English, German, Irish, French, some Welsh I think, Pueblo, Cherokee, Jewish...

The majority of the blood being German, Irish, and if one of my cousins is correct Jewish.

(Apparently he found out our grandma on my dad's side was a fullblooded Jew before she died.)
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby kairo14 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:55 pm

That Dude (post: 1451736) wrote:I'm what some would like to call a mutt...

i think that's goes for most. lol

good thing we're not in Harry Potter's world or we be called mud-bloods.
ImageImage
[font="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"]www.osheadavis.com / "MOES: Go, and scroll no more." [/SIZE]
[SIZE="3"]Dragonballz rocks, and, Jesus Saves / Naruto does multi-clone no jutsu,, but,, Jesus gives new-birth no jutsu[/SIZE][/font]
kairo14

Postby MxCake » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:41 am

Irish,Scottish and Italian XD
[color="RoyalBlue"]"At the end of the game,The king and the pawn go back in the same box."-Italian proverb[/color]
[color="MediumTurquoise"]I will never fail you or forsake you.-Hebrews 13:5[/color]
MxCake

Postby Tamachan319 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:05 pm

I'm 100% Dutch. Yup.
But techinally, I'm American. Yup. :D
[font="Comic Sans MS"]"You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me."
-C. S. Lewis[/font]
"MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll."
According to EllaEdric, my real name is.... "TAMAMAMAMAAMMAAM".

[font="Courier New"]
I love my flute![/font]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tamachan319

Location: Someplace, somewhere. I'm specific about these things, you see.

Postby Yamamaya » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:13 pm

kairo14 (post: 1451825) wrote:i think that's goes for most. lol

good thing we're not in Harry Potter's world or we be called mud-bloods.

For Americans at least. Some of the rest of the world is more homogenous such as in Eastern Asian countries.

Although in my opinion, I prefer heterogenous backgrounds. Makes the world better and more interesting. Also, love and peace.
Yamamaya

Postby Edward » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:22 pm

I'm Caucasian, mostly German (from the Black Forest area I believe, so maybe some French too) with English and Austrian on my mothers side. Also a little Dutch and like 1/32 Native American, I think.

And I'm an American citizen.
[thread=43825]MOES[/thread] One sig to rule them all. One sig to find them. One sig to bring them all, and in 250 px or less bind them. In the land of Mordor, where the sigs do not scroll.

Real men don't sparkle, real men defeat dark wizards.

"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."

chatbot 07:24 - Edward asks, do you ever give relevant answers chatty?
My answer: No
Edward

Postby crusader88 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:33 pm

I am English-German by descent, or broadly speaking a white northern European American.
...you must begin a reading program immediately so that you may understand the crises of our age... Begin with the late Romans, including Boethius, of course. Then you should dip rather extensively into early Medieval. You may skip the Renaissance and the Enlightenment. That is mostly dangerous propaganda. Now that I think of it, you had better skip the Romantics and the Victorians too. For the contemporary period, you should study some selected comic books.

-Ignatius J. Reilly, in John Kennedy Toole's A Confederacy of Dunces, 1960s

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
crusader88

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:07 am

Hey, so I was just thinking that I've posted that I'm mixed in this thread, but never said exactly what...

Anyway, my mom's mostly white, and appears a lot like a stereotypical Irish person (red hair, pale skin, etc.). I take a lot of my features after her... we have almost the exact same face and everything.

My biological father was Hispanic. Full-blood Spaniard, I believe.

My mom also has some Native American/Asian from her side (since the Native Americans were originally Asian). She doesn't show much of it, but one of her brothers does. He has an eye shape similar to mine, and he can tan too.

Overall, I take just about everything from my mom's side (which I'm thankful for, because honestly, my biological father wasn't a very nice guy). I take a lot after the Native American/Asian side though, because I also have very dark brown eyes and black hair... I do have strands of red highlights, though (and yes, they're natural). I've actually had a lot of people ask me if my hair's red and I dye it black, or if my hair's black and I highlight it red, but nah... I just have black and red hair! XD I have the ability to tan, so my skin is typically an olive fair/yellowish hue. My eyes also have this almond shape to them, which I imagine comes from the Native American/Asian side.

So, overall, people think I generally look like a Caucasian/Asian mix.
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby samurai10 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:38 am

Let's see.....

I'm more Asian and American then European. Cuz like, my mom is a full-blooded Filipino. Although my great great grampa was full-blood Chinese...

I have lots XD Filipino, Spanish, American, American Indian (my great grandpa was American Indian. Cherokee, I think) Polish, um.....I THINK I had a great(x 30 or so) grampa who was Japanese. Not sure though. XD I have some Scandinavian blood from long long ago. I think I have some German blood too....Though I'm really not sure. XP

My hair's dark brown with some red tints that can only be seen when light hit's it at a certain angle. XD My skin's dark. But it's still lighter than my mom's. :P
"I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia." ~The Silver Chair

"You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel." ~Johnny Depp

"MOES! Sign up and sig down!"

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~ [/color]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Sami-The warrior pokemon

This pokemon is stout in stature, but extremely loyal. it's head and ears make the shape of a samurai helmet. the scales from said helmet can be pulled out and used as kunai.
samurai10

Location: You're crazy if you think I'll tell you where I live.

Previous Next

Return to General