Question for xxxHolic fans

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Question for xxxHolic fans

Postby Wolf-man » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:04 am

I am a big fan of Tsubasa Chronicles and I want to start watching xxxHolic. The problem is I hear that the anime cuts all the tie-ins with Tsubasa that the manga has. My question is what are some key chapters of the manga (that take place during the show) I should read that heavily connect with Tsubasa? Also when I finish watching xxxHolic where in the manga should I pick it up to start reading the rest of the story? Thanks in advanced!
Wolf-man

Postby AnimeGirl » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:27 pm

Yes, it's true. Other than the xxxHOLiC movie and the OVA xxxHOLiC Shunmuki (the companion to Tsubasa Shunraiki), both seasons of the xxxHOLiC anime cuts out all the contact and references relating to Tsubasa (which is such a shame, since the anime was good, but I like the anime slightly better for this fact alone). Now, I haven't caught up much with the xxxHOLiC manga, but I can tell you the second volume has xxxHOLiC's side of the story when the dimensional travelers first visit her shop. So you get to see what went on when Watanuki went to get the two Mokona! I've skimmed through later volumes, and it's so cool to see xxxHOLiC's perspective, so though the anime is really great, if you want Tsubasa tie-ins then read the manga.
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby Atria35 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:44 pm

A lot of the manga chapters have Tsubasa tie-ins. A lot. I don't think it's really possible to single them out, really, since even ones that seem non-related may be related in small ways (and are mentioned in the translator's notes). So I recommend reading the manga alongside watching the anme.

*made as of reading up to vol. 16 of the manga.
Atria35

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews