Need some advice please

Talk about anything in here.

Need some advice please

Postby Kunoichi » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:10 am

I have to go to the Mayo clinic in Jacksonville, Florida (that's the closest to me). My family doesn't want to take me (long story but let's just say they don't really care). Does anyone know of any free programs (I have no money) out there that may take me?

Worth a shot in asking

Thanks

Kuno
I am on the forefront of battle against the demons of earth. All Praise and Glory be given to God Forever and Ever!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Kunoichi

Postby Atria35 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:16 am

Have you called the Mayo clinic and asked if they know any preograms that would do it? Also, usually, towns and counties have service programs for disabled (you might qualify) people who need to get to medical appointments. You could try calling your town baord, looking at their website to see who to contact, and do the same for your county board.
Atria35

Postby Kunoichi » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:45 am

Mayo is 6 hours from me so I'm not sure about my county. I will call them though. I just found out the first hospital they are sending me too can't see me until May 17th but i'm on a cancellation/waiting list so hopefully will happen.
I am on the forefront of battle against the demons of earth. All Praise and Glory be given to God Forever and Ever!

Kunoichi

Postby Tsukuyomi » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:09 pm

Calling them may be good ^^ Even if it's not in the same county ^_^ They should be able to work something out or at least help you to work things out ^__^
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby SnoringFrog » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:14 pm

I don't think CAA advocates (or even allows this), but on another forum I'm on I'd end up posting a thread like this looking for someone (or a few someone's) that could help me out. That board's good about having guys all over the place that are willing to help each other out though, and they don't have to have the concern for younger members that CAA does so they can let that stuff go on.

Barring that option though, I think what's been suggested is your best bet. Call around to find out about any services that could help, or try to find a friend that can help you out. If you're a member of a church I'm sure the church would be willing to help you out in this kind of situation as well. If you have a friend or friends that are somewhat on the way you could even just organize a chain of people to kind of pass you along the way, that way no one has to go the full 6 hours both ways.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby Kunoichi » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:40 pm

Thank you for all the advice. it is quite a ways off and I actually may have access to a vehicle since my license is now fixed (my mom helped me financially). This was definitely and answer to prayers.

Snoring: to answer your question (and thank you for your sound advice), I am alone in Florida separate from my mom and her bf. From Atlanta where my family and friends live, its still about 5 hours to the Mayo clinic and from where I live currently the same amount. I am hoping this first teaching hospital may get the answers I am searching for. Otherwise I believe God will provide. Thank you so much for sharing your advice and caring.

God bless

Kuno

Kunoichi

Return to General