Dressing For A Proposal

Talk about anything in here.

Dressing For A Proposal

Postby ashfire » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:31 pm

I was checking Firefighter National forums and a member of a fire service asked on the forum if it would be a good or bad idea to dress in his Class A Blues to propose to his lady. There were pros and cons about it from other people in the fire service about doing.
I said I had seen proposals at anime cons during the costume plays either on stage or from the stage to someone in the audience.
I just wonder what everyone else would think?
ashfire

Postby Seto_Sora » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:46 pm

It all depends on the lady in question. Does she find him dashing in his blues? Would she find it romantic? Does she like her man in uniform? Your friend should consider what his love thinks is romantic and do it the way she would find it most romantic. That moment is a special one for her. So yeah, he might find some clever way of asking or finding out from her or from her friends/sisters etc.. But in my personal opinion, proposing in uniform is good form and would probably go well with his love... in general that is. In short, I'd say go for it!
This

Seto_Sora

Postby Atria35 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:00 pm

I'm with Patrick- it really does depend on ther tastes and how he intends to propose. For instance, taking her out in his blues to a fancy restaurant would be a bit odd- if he showed up in them for no good reason she's going to know something is up immediately. Whether she likes him in his blues is also an important factor.

On a personal note, I think him going formal in blues is awesomely romantic. I love uniforms!
Atria35

Postby K. Ayato » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:58 am

I don't see why he can't propose in his uniform, to be honest. If servicmen can get married in uniform, what's to stop them from popping the question the same way?
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby Yuki-Anne » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:28 pm

If I was (still) dating a member of the service, I would definitely love it if he proposed in his dress uniform. Honestly, I think it's a good idea, but it does depend on her. I had a friend who had to redo his proposal because he did the first one based on what he thought was romantic, and not her preferences at all.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Return to General