What are your favorite pairings?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby TopazRaven » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:01 pm

Gundam Unicorn? Lol, that sounds so amazing. xD
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby Cardiche007 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:42 pm

OK. I don't usually have answers to these sorts of question, but I'll give it a whirl. Here are my pairings:

Naruto
Naruto+Hinata
Sasuke+Sakura
Sasuke+Karin
...Too bad there's only one Sasuke to go around

Blood Reign: Curse of Yoma
Hikage+Aya (the 2nd Aya he meets with)

Cowboy Bepop
Spike+Faye
Ein+Ed (joking)

Soul Eater
Soul+Maka

Record of Lodoss
Parn+Deedlit
Etoh+Princess

Monster
Martin+Eva

FF3
Locke+Celes
Leo+Terra
Kefka+Goddesses

FF8
Squall+Quisitis

Myself Yourself
Sana+Aoi
I still don't understand anything!
You have taught me softly
Even the true meaning of eternity
Cardiche007

Postby AnimeGirl » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:38 pm

My list again, but updated!

Syaoran x Sakura (CCS/TRC)
Watanuki x Himawari (xxxHOLiC)
Shota x Sawako (Kimi Ni Todoke)
Ed x Winry (FMA)
Roy x Riza (FMA)
Fai x Chii (TRC)
Kurogane x Tomoyo (TRC)
Koutaro x Tamayo (Angelic Layer)
Icchan x Shuko (Angelic Layer)
Sokka x Suki (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
Aang x Katara (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
Karkinos x Yuyty (Heroic Age)
Age x Dhelanelia (Heroic Age)
Haku x Chihiro (Spirited Away)
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby Nate » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:15 pm

Cardiche007 wrote:FF3
Locke+Celes
Leo+Terra
Kefka+Goddesses

Whoa is it 1994 again? I don't remember any of those characters in FF3. I remember Cloud of Darkness and the Onion Kids...but most of those ones you listed were in FF6 I'm pretty sure. :p

Hmm...Locke and Celes is probably canon, though Leo and Terra seems to come out of nowhere. XD I think they saw each other like once? Granted, he did have a pretty sizable impact on her life.

That last one is just...uh...yeah. o.O
FF8
Squall+Quisitis

HA HA HA. HA HA. HA HA HA HA HA. HA HA HA HA. HA HA.

Quistis practically threw herself at Squall. She was all like "Hey Squall let's go to that secret makeout spot the students go to" and they got there and she tried to get all up on him and confess and he was just "Waaaaah girls are scary!" and ran away like a loser.

Besides everyone knows it's SeiferxSquall OTP.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby TopazRaven » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:37 pm

Nate (post: 1449150) wrote:

What about poor Rinoa? :lol:
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

TopazRaven

Postby Cardiche007 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:57 pm

Nate (post: 1449150) wrote:Whoa is it 1994 again? I don't remember any of those characters in FF3. I remember Cloud of Darkness and the Onion Kids...but most of those ones you listed were in FF6 I'm pretty sure. :p

Hmm...Locke and Celes is probably canon, though Leo and Terra seems to come out of nowhere. XD I think they saw each other like once? Granted, he did have a pretty sizable impact on her life.

HA HA HA. HA HA. HA HA HA HA HA. HA HA HA HA. HA HA.

Quistis practically threw herself at Squall. She was all like "Hey Squall let's go to that secret makeout spot the students go to" and they got there and she tried to get all up on him and confess and he was just "Waaaaah girls are scary!" and ran away like a loser.

Yeah, I had flashbacks to my old SNES cartridges. Sorry about that. You wouldn't believe how the discrepancies between 1994 and 2011 disrupt me in real life too.

Terra actually had a pretty sizeable impact on General Leo too. He met her when she was a slave and being used as Kefka's war weapon.

I always thought Quisitis was more attractive than Rinoao by far. She's got better goods anyways. Though equal in looks, she's far less the girly girl. She has a sober mind.
Cardiche007

Postby Cardiche007 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:06 pm

TopazRaven (post: 1449166) wrote:What about poor Rinoa? :lol:

Oh? I mispelled her name in my last post, so that really says something! Besides I saw http://squallsdead.com/ which you posted on this thread or some other.
So I already know! That question is totally non sequitur!

Reading that article completely made FF8 make sense.
Cardiche007

Postby AngelicTotoro » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:35 pm

Anime:

(Detective Conan)
Shinichi and Ran
Heiji and Kazuha
Mitsuhiko and Ai
Takagi and Sato
Makoto and Sonoko
(Yes, I'm a big sucker for most of the DC couples.)

(Magic Kaito)
Kaito and Aoko

(Fruits Basket)
Kyo and Tohru
Yuki and Machi
Hiro and Kisa
Hatsuharu and Rin
Ayame and Mine
Hatori and Mayuko
Kakeru and Komaki
(I'm also quite taken with most of FB's pairings as well.)

(Kaitou Saint Tail)
Meimi and Asuka Jr
Seira and Sawatari (I know she's a nun, but I find it hilarious.)

(Pokemon)
Ash and Misty

(Samurai Pizza Cats/Kyatto Ninden Teyandee)

Speedy/Yattarō and Polly/Pururun

(Kimagure Orange Road)
Kyosuke and Madoka
Hikaru and Yuusaku
(I know she rejected him but Yuusaku is so funny! I love how Kyosuke's friends are super perverts and Yuusaku is the complete opposite.)

(Angelic Layer)
Misaki and Kotaro
Ohjiro and Tamayo
(That's right, the manga pairings are best.)

(Romeo x Juilet)
Romeo and Juilet

(Speed Racer)
Speed and Trixie

(Sherlock Hound)
Hound and Ms Hudson (No. She isn't an old lady in this version.)

(Toradora)
Ryuiji and Taiga
Yūsaku and Sumire

(Katekyo Hitman Reborn!)
Gokudera and Haru
Tsuna and Kyoko
Collonello and Lal
Ryohei and Hana

(Allison and Lillia)
Wil and Allison
Treize and Lillia

(Shugo Chara)
Ikuto and Amu

(Sonic X/Japanese)
Sonic and Amy
Knuckles and Rouge

(Studio Ghibli Films)
Pazu and Sheeta
Ashitaka and San
Seiji and Shizuku
Howl and Sophie
Porco and Gina
Asbel and Nausicaa (I don't know who the other guy in the manga is so... Yeah, I'm sticking with this one.)
Kanta and Satsuki

(Avatar the Last Airbender)
Zuko and Mai
Sokka and Suki
Aang and Katara

Video Games:

(StarFox)
Fox and Krystal
Falco and Katt

(The Legend of Zelda)
TP - Link and llia
OOT - Link and Malon
Every other game in the series - Link and Zelda

(Super Mario Brothers)
Luigi and Daisy
Mario and Peach

(Fire Emblem)
Marth and Sheeda
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in paths of righteousness For His name's sake. Even though I walk though the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff, they comfort me. Thou dost prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; Thou hast anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Psalm 23
AngelicTotoro

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:09 pm

Cardiche007 (post: 1449110) wrote:Naruto
Naruto+Hinata
Sasuke+Sakura
Sasuke+Karin
...Too bad there's only one Sasuke to go around
I've already mentioned this before, but maybe you can explain it to me. How do either of the latter two pairings make any sense. The middle is based on a crush a twelve year-old girl had for the cool guy at school, and he never reciprocated those feelings nor does he have reason to. They have no chemistry, and he's never really had any feelings for her aside from a bit of comradeship, which he didn't really care about.

The latter is even worse, because Karin is essentially the same as Sakura towards Sasuke, but Sasuke actually[spoiler]ran her through simply to attack Danzo, causing her to almost die, and she only survives because of Sakura.[/spoiler]

I understand why people like the NaruHina but I hate that pairing because the only way it will happen is if Naruto is like "Oh, Hinata, you've had a crush on me for like, forever. I've never noticed you before but I just realized that I love you!"
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby TopazRaven » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:23 pm

Because we like pairings that make no sense I guess? Trust me, I'm a fan of weirder pairings then NaruHina, SasuSaku and SasuKarin. xD

TopazRaven

Postby Cardiche007 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:31 pm

Mr. Hat'n'Clogs (post: 1449402) wrote:I've already mentioned this before, but maybe you can explain it to me. How do either of the latter two pairings make any sense. The middle is based on a crush a twelve year-old girl had for the cool guy at school, and he never reciprocated those feelings nor does he have reason to. They have no chemistry, and he's never really had any feelings for her aside from a bit of comradeship, which he didn't really care about.

The latter is even worse, because Karin is essentially the same as Sakura towards Sasuke, but Sasuke actually[spoiler]ran her through simply to attack Danzo, causing her to almost die, and she only survives because of Sakura.[/spoiler]

I understand why people like the NaruHina but I hate that pairing because the only way it will happen is if Naruto is like "Oh, Hinata, you've had a crush on me for like, forever. I've never noticed you before but I just realized that I love you!"

All the king's wizards and all the king's men
Couldn't squeeze the atoms together again.

In other words, you're right. Neither of those pairs have any chemistry, but neither does chemistry hate the impossible! I suppose it's a little like that, the allure and power of squeezing elements together that maybe ought not be squeezed. Even though everyone says the pay off will be huge, nobody really knows.
Cardiche007

Postby melmel195 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:08 pm

AngelicTotoro (post: 1449393) wrote:Anime:

(Detective Conan)
Shinichi and Ran
Heiji and Kazuha
Mitsuhiko and Ai
Takagi and Sato
Makoto and Sonoko
(Yes, I'm a big sucker for most of the DC couples.)

awwww. but what about AyumixConan
well. except that I appreciate just how loyal shinichi is to ran. And I'm convinced that ai is in love with conan. But I don't know whether or not I like that as a pairing.
melmel195

Previous

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews