Your Favorite Anime Soundtrack

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Your Favorite Anime Soundtrack

Postby Yeshua » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:17 pm

As oposed to Western cartoons, Japanese Anime usually have very good music, mostly orchestral.

I would like to know about your favorite anime Soundtracks!

You don't have to make a list like...

1: is...
2: is.....

Just Put them here! and say why it's on your favs! even if there's an specially memorable scene with it, talk about it all you want!! :D

You can put some samples too like a youtube link :D (btw you can make a list but it's easier without it :D)

Ok so My favs are

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai:

Why:
I really love the old Score for the Series, especially because there's a vast selection, there are memorable tunes and blah blah, but there's the SAME freaking style for every episode and every movie (except GT and some exceptions).
The Score itself is not that vast as the old one, but there are some amazing tunes perfectly performed, Dbz was not know for beautiful themes, but Kai's got some inspiring compositions, Especially OST III (Which my dear uncle bought for me!!)

Samples:

A Grim Fate (Goku Suffers From his Heart Discease)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhFVPhhq42o

Requiem ~To Those Who Meet Their End~ (Prince Vegeta's Death T.T)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWfBVhHkuKw

A Desastrous Spectacle (Thrilling Theme of Dbzkai xD)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYGL23O99L8&feature=related

Heroic Face-off (Piccolo vs No.17, Trunks vs King Cold)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUOnSjYqBVE&feature=related

One Hit To Victory (FINAL FLASH!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LoQJAYcFGA

The Victor's Dance (3 years training montage for Android saga)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSMGySFp3mg&feature=related

Blue Dragon
Why: Can anything go wrong when Nobuo Uematsu is working on the music? even if it's with another Composer The Megumi OhashiXNobuo Uematsu Pairing Made this such a great anime in terms of Music.

Samples:

Saigo No Tatakai (Played at the first and only time in the Last Beam Struggle Of The Second Season, Epic Scene)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBeSYCOVaWU

Shiren No Toki (I can Still Hear Blue Dragon's Roar at the end =3),
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3usRLgPZ4go&feature=related

Kibo No Hikari (Gives me the chills everytime, it's from the last episodes of the first season)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apGg6m3sx1U&feature=related

Kizuato No Himitsu (The best Choice for Nostalgic moments :D)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sV5pefOgN4&feature=related

Full Metal Alquemist
Why:
Because it's music is so amazing, They really chose well the Composers For both of the FMA Anime Series, I haven't watched all of FMA Anime, but just for the music I can Tell I'm gonna love it!

Brothers - Instrumental (Geez, such a great theme! Nostalgic, a bit Sad, somewhat Happy, This theme has everything!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRVrwJeZlHs

Shingun (Extremely Menacing, a masterpiece, this is the track that got me into Full metal though I've put it on standy by xD)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP36VNWcpyU

Beyond The Walls (Uh-huh! Brotherhood is gonna be awesome!!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sD97SiUYjI

Fairy Tail
Why:
Has some of the most beautiful Orchestrated compositions ever made... Too bad the hardcore metal is...umm..... a little inapropiate when compared to this beautiful Arrangements.

Tsuioku ~Mezameru no Tamashii~ (Anime music at it's peak! I nearly cried the first Time I listened to this beautiful Master piece)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icjG5WeBnVI&feature=related

Fantasia (Somewhat Disneylander XD But this rendition of the main theme is splendid!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU-lOFuOpaA&feature=related

Tsuioku ~Kanashiki Tamashii~ (Basically another rendition of suioku ~Mezameru no Tamashii~ kinda prefer the first one :D)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX4dzRenT8w&feature=related

That's all I can think now, there's some other great music from other anime, Like Code Geass, Death Note, Escaflowne, and many more, but These are the ones I've listened the most.

Now, I would like to know what are your favorites :D
Yeshua

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:43 pm

Is it cheating if I mention Ergo Proxy because it introduced me to Radiohead? XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Yeshua » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:57 pm

Radical Dreamer (post: 1446144) wrote:Is it cheating if I mention Ergo Proxy because it introduced me to Radiohead? XD

Not at all! Speak your mind :D
Yeshua

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:04 am

Where I like Fullmetal Alchemist soundtracks. Over time, I like the soundtrack to Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood better.

The only one that is missing for Brotherhood is the Brothers song.

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood OST Trisha's Lullaby

Blood +

Why: All the music other then OP and End theme songs were produced by Hans Zimmer And Mark Mancina.

Saya's Love

Grand Theme

The Red Shield

Escaflowne

Why: Do we really need a reason why. It just very orchestral and the orchestral pieces were done by Warsaw Philarmonic

Hitom Theme

The vision of Escaflowne

The last one on my list is not an anime soundtrack, but a video game soundtrack. Ace Combat 5 and all the music was done by the Warsaw Philarmonic. This Alternate End Credits has two songs on it. The first one is called The Journey Home and was sang by Mary Elizabeth McGlynn, better known as the voice of the Major in the Ghost in the Shell. The other one is called Razgriz performed by the Warsaw Philharmonic.

AC5 Alternate End Credits

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang
[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:19 am

Some of my favorite OSTs are:

- Giant Robo. Powerful, epic orchestral music. The series wouldn't have been as good without it.
- Turn A Gundam. Two words: Kanno Yoko. Some absolutely gorgeous pieces in this OST.
- Cowboy Bebop. Again, Kanno Yoko. Great variety of musical styles, my favorites being the jazzy tunes, but a couple of the vocal tracks are cool too.
- Paprika. Hirasawa Susumu is really great. Kind of an electronic, techno-ish sound. Very unique.
- Gundam Unicorn. The music in it is generally good, but DAT BATTLE MUSIC.
- Zeta Gundam. Occasionally the music is a little heavy-handed (mostly just in the sad scenes), but it's memorable, has a distinct style, and really adds to the tension in the battle sequences. It's also not particularly dated even though it was written in the mid-80s. Works great in video games too.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby blkmage » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:24 am

Okay, let's do this.

Kara no Kyoukai (Kajiura Yuki)
I think this easily tops my list. It fits the mood of the series perfectly and everything about it is perfectly crafted for the movies they're set to as well as being excellent listens on their own.

M01 (Kara no Kyoukai 1)
M19+M20 (Kara no Kyoukai 3)
M40 (Kara no Kyoukai 7)
Kalafina - sprinter (Kara no Kyoukai 5 ED)

ARIA (Takeshi Senoo and Choro Club)
The music for ARIA is fantastic in part because there's nothing else in anime that's really like it. Again, it's perfect for the quaint Venetian setting that ARIA takes place in.

Gondola no Yume
Shourou no Patri ~ neo Venezia ~
ARIA
Makino Yui - Undine (ARIA the ANIMATION OP)

CLANNAD (Maeda Jun, Orito Shinji, Togoshi Magome)
This soundtrack doesn't really stand too well on its own, but there's a ton of emotional connection with the series it's backing.

Nagisa
Etudes pour les petites supercordes
Hurry, Starfish
Lia - Toki wo Kizamu Uta (CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~ OP)

Hidamari Sketch (Kikiuya Tomoki)
I like Hidamari Sketch's soundtrack because it's laid back and quirky.

a sunny place 1
Waku Waku Hidamari Sou
Shinmiri
Hatena de Wasshoi (Hidamari Sketch x365 OP)

Mobile Suit Gundam UC (Sawano Hiroyuki)
An epic, fully orchestral soundtrack for a Gundam series? Yes, really!

U.C. 0096
UNICORN
FULL FRONTAL
RX-0

Umineko no Naku Koro ni (zts, M.Graveyard/Circletempo)
Umineko's soundtrack covers a wide range of genres, but again, it's an excellent example of tailoring a soundtrack to a specific work.

dai - Ride On
zts - dreamenddischarger
dai - hello your dream
Shikata Akiko - Umineko no Naku Koro ni (Umineko no Naku Koro ni OP)

The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (Kousaki Satoru, Hoashi Keigo, Takada Ryuuchi)
The music in the Haruhi anime has never really been anything to write home about. However, Disappearance makes a major shift in musical style when it hits a huge plot point, at which, everything is pretty great orchestral stuff.

Fuan Kara Kyoufu he
Suzumiya Haruhi no Tegakari
Rikishi no Tenkan ten
Chihara Minori - Yasashii Boukyaku ~sonority~ (The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya ED)

EDIT: Oh my God, I forgot TENMON, how did I do that.

ef (TENMON, Eiichiro Yanagi)
It was really hard to pick a particular anime that TENMON worked on for a soundtrack, but in the end I chose ef, largely because I'm pretty sure everyone has heard his stuff from 5 Centimeters per Second and The Place Promised in Our Early Days about a billion times.

Church's bell
Singe line
A moon filled sky
ELISA - euphoric field (ef - a tale of memories OP)
blkmage

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:28 am

I used to have a few scattered songs from Kajiura Yuki; I need to find some more because I remember really liking them.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby blkmage » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:41 am

Yeah, Kajiura's pretty good, even if a lot of things I hear people complain about are that all of her stuff sounds too similar. I don't remember .hack//SIGN very well, but I do recall what little I watched of Pandora Hearts sounded very similar to her other stuff. Her FictionJunction stuff sounds really close to her Kalafina stuff as well.
blkmage

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:56 am

The two Noir soundtracks are pretty amazing (they're also the only ones I've bought). Last Exile has some great music too but I've only heard what's available in the series.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:10 pm

blkmage (post: 1446190) wrote:ARIA (Takeshi Senoo and Choro Club)
The music for ARIA is fantastic in part because there's nothing else in anime that's really like it. Again, it's perfect for the quaint Venetian setting that ARIA takes place in.

Gondola no Yume
Shourou no Patri ~ neo Venezia ~
ARIA
Makino Yui - Undine (ARIA the ANIMATION OP)

[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"][color="RoyalBlue"]
Agreed! All of the "Aria" Series have a soundtrack that's both out of this world, yet warm and familiar. All of the opening sequences ("Undine", "Euphoria" and "Spiral") match perfectly with the individual seasons.

I would have to say, for the most part, I love the soundtrack from "Moribito: Guardian of The Spirit". I love the orchestral bits that are mixed in and it sets the tone of the scene it used in. It also has just a bit of a royal sound to it, signifying Chagum's background.

I also love the soundtrack from "Eureka Seven". It's like a sound buffet with orchestral pieces, techno bits, pop, rock, just about everything you can think of. [/color][/SIZE][/font]
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby ABlipinTime » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:11 pm

I like the orchestral nature of Japanese music, and two of my favorites come to mind:

Megumeru cuckool mix and Apocrypha by eufonius;
Hoshika no Sora (sp? It's the opening to the dark show Shakugan no Shana);

and, complimented by the opening, I like Trigun's theme.
- God is always with us, especially when we feel most alone.
http://ablipintime.deviantart.com/
Htom Sirveaux (post: 1435089) - "We should all start speaking telepathically."
Midori (post: 1457302) "Sometimes, if I try hard, I can speak in English."
(post: 1481465) "Overthinking is an art."
Goldenspines - "Fighting the bad guys and rescuing princesses from trolls and all that. "
ABlipinTime

Postby battletech » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:38 pm

Any soundtrack that Yoko Kanno was involved in.
[img]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k615/bluebattletech/amuro_ray_emblem1_zps864eefb8.png[/img]
Gundam fan for life.
battletech

Postby blkmage » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:17 pm

Can't believe I forgot this.

Macross Frontier (Kanno Yoko)
To be honest, I don't remember too much of the actual BGM on this soundtrack, because the huge number of vocal pieces are the main draw of the soundtrack. I actually listened to the Macross F Vocal Collection before watching the show itself. I tend to like the Sheryl songs more than the Ranka songs, since Ranka songs are more of the cutesy idol-pop and Sheryl songs are more intense.

Nakajima Megumi & May'n - What 'bout my star? @ Formo (Sheryl Nome & Ranka Lee IN)
May'n - Iteza Gogo Kuji Don't be late (Sheryl Nome IN)
Nakajima Megumi - Seikan Hikou (Ranka Lee IN)
Sakamoto Maaya - Triangler (Macross F OP1)
blkmage

Postby Yeshua » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:00 pm

Hi!!

Happy belated Christmas and New year!!! God bless you sorry for my delay my holidays have been pretty busy with mah family here and there up and away XD

People got great taste here, i would like to tell you my thoughts on your choices, and I wrote them in another reply but, I accidentaly clicked the x on the window :S and I pretty much wrote to all the comments here, sorry but What I say, Is that you all got very good taste. all of the music you posted in this thread are magnificent. especially The Dissapareance of Suzumiya Haruni, Escaflowne, The Gundam Series, Giant Robo, and Full metal Alquemist, Thanks for sharing your choices! I would go an write again but it's midnight here and I haven't slept very good since dec 25. Thanks for your Replies and sorry for my Delay :D
Yeshua

Postby ABlipinTime » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:49 pm

np

I hope people keep posting here, as I'd also like to know what people are interested in.
- God is always with us, especially when we feel most alone.
http://ablipintime.deviantart.com/
Htom Sirveaux (post: 1435089) - "We should all start speaking telepathically."
Midori (post: 1457302) "Sometimes, if I try hard, I can speak in English."
(post: 1481465) "Overthinking is an art."
Goldenspines - "Fighting the bad guys and rescuing princesses from trolls and all that. "
ABlipinTime

Postby Atria35 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:17 pm

Aria and Macross Frontier have been mentioned, so...

Haibane Renmei -
Free Bird
Ripples By The Drop
Ailes Grises
Atria35

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:48 am

TheSubtleDoctor

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:04 pm

I have absolutely no interest in DBZ, but those songs from the Dragonball Kai soundtrack might be enough to make me buy it anyway :o

Well, here are my picks:

Full Metal Alchemist by Michiru Oshima
Oshima-san is one of my absolute favorite Japanese composers, and she did such an amazing job with this soundtrack. She really captured the feel of this story, the depth of the emotion, the sweetness, the sadness, the heartbreak, the longing. Every piece is so beautiful, but here are some of my favorites that haven't been listed yet.

Shukumei

The Atonement (my favorite time when this plays is when Al is doubting himself in episode...23 or something?)

Beaming Sunlight

Tsumi (this epic song plays in episode 51!)

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood by Akira Senju
This show has a really great soundtrack too. While I think the first series did the emotional scenes much better, I think Brotherhood did the epic ones a lot better - and let's face it, there are tons more epic scenes in Brotherhood anyway. I'm not as familiar with this soundtrack as the first series - I really should buy this sometime - but I remember I liked this one a lot:

Lapis Philosophorum

(I also really liked the music that played during Yoki's flashback, though I haven't been able to find it anywhere and don't know if it's even on the CD.)

Haibane Renmei by Ko Otani
What can I say? This is absolutely the most beautiful anime soundtrack I've ever heard, and the first one I was compelled to go out and buy. I'm amazed at how versatile Otani-san is; he can make music as calm as this and as epic and exciting as Shadow of the Colossus. I really like the small, simple feel of the music; it fits the cast and scope of the show. Also the cello is so lustrous and beautiful.

Blight

Starting of the World

Ethereal Remains

Ailes Grises (my personal favorite)

Gunslinger Girl by Toshihiko Sahashi
This is another lovely soundtrack. It's great to hear music of this caliber in an anime. My favorites are the six 'Tema's. It's the same tune, but each one is so unique.

TEMA I

TEMA II

TEMA III

TEMA IV

TEMA V

TEMA VI

Tsubasa Chronicle by Kajiura Yuki
I love this music. So epic, so exciting, so beautiful. What more can I say?

Ship of Fools

A Song of Storm and Fire

Break the Sword of Justice

Morning Moon (one of the most beautiful songs I know, hard not to put on repeat)

Death Note by Yoshihiso Hirano
I noticed the soundtrack for this one a bit less than the previous ones, but several recurring themes caught my notice, and I really liked them.

L's Theme (this now makes me concentrate and think harder, simply from the associations)

Domine Kira

Kyrie

...aaaand I think that's enough for now.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:32 pm

blkmage (post: 1446190) wrote:Mobile Suit Gundam UC (Sawano Hiroyuki)
An epic, fully orchestral soundtrack for a Gundam series? Yes, really!

U.C. 0096
UNICORN
FULL FRONTAL
RX-0

I'm in love with this OST, but no surprise there, right?

The ones you posted are all excellent tracks. I also like:

The Univers - This reminds me a little bit of the OST for Firefly.
Inequality~A Cloud of War
The Distant Past - this one has some really interesting sounds/instruments in it. Very atmospheric, almost dreamy in places.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Atria35 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:19 pm

Atria35

Postby LadyRushia » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:44 pm

Lucky Star
-because it has one of the most musically diverse soundtracks I've ever encountered in an anime

Examples:
Konata-Donake Fanfare
Kanata's character song with a long name I don't feel like typing out. lol
Tsukasa's character song
Kagami's character song
Some BGM
Moar BGM
Another BGM

Annnd, there's a 15 minute long Kumikyoku for Lucky Star, XD.
Part 1
Part 2
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby blkmage » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:04 pm

KhakiBlueSocks (post: 1446469) wrote:[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"][color="RoyalBlue"]I also love the soundtrack from "Eureka Seven". It's like a sound buffet with orchestral pieces, techno bits, pop, rock, just about everything you can think of. [/color][/SIZE][/font]

Eureka Seven is really neat because there are a ton of musical allusions and motifs without actually being about music. I don't really remember much of the orchestral tracks, but the electronic and techno ones were pretty impressive.
blkmage

Postby Agloval » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:30 pm

Giant Robo's been mentioned a few times, the tune 'Rush! Issei & Yohshi' has always stood out to me as a great, thumping, uplifting number.

But to my mind the king of bombastic music for hotblooded mecha shows involving the letter G is Kouhei Tanaka, who's credited for the music for, among other things, Gunbuster, G Gundam and GaoGaiGar (viz. the theme of the Goldion Crusher from GGG Final).

On a completely different line of thought, I don't know if the music for Kaiji is good per se but I thought it was extremely effective and complemented its material very well. Apparently it's the work of someone called Hideki Taniuchi, whom I know nothing about.
'That blast is blown for me, for I am the prize, and yet am I not dead.'
Agloval

Postby ShunketsuXZ » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:14 pm

I absolutely ADORE the soundtracks of the Japanese Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, and FMA Brotherhood. Excellent!
ShunketsuXZ

Postby Mimiru14 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:35 pm

[color="Blue"]My favorites are the Escaflowne and .hach//sign soundtracks. They bring back so many childhood memories! I love both Yoko Kanno and Yuki Kajiura.[/color]
[color="Magenta"]"It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all - in which case, you fail by default."
— J.K. Rowling [/color]

[color="Plum"]"It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's what makes it cool"[/color]:thumb:
Mimiru14

Postby Falx » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:51 pm

Mimiru14 (post: 1451395) wrote:[color="Blue"]My favorites are the Escaflowne and .hach//sign soundtracks. They bring back so many childhood memories! I love both Yoko Kanno and Yuki Kajiura.[/color]

Hey could you maybe change the color of your post? I can't see even with my glasses on :sweat:
Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

神はそのひとり子を賜わったほどに、この世を愛して下さった。それは御子を信じる者がひとりも滅びないで、永遠の命を得るためである.

My MAL Profile. Please check out my Dad's Christian eBook on Facebook.
Falx

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:54 am

I finally found my favorite song from the Trigun soundtrack, though it sounds rather different in the episodes themselves:

Big Bluff
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:13 pm

the_wolfs_howl (post: 1453102) wrote:I finally found my favorite song from the Trigun soundtrack, though it sounds rather different in the episodes themselves:

Big Bluff
Love it. Wow, that takes me back. For kicks, here is another iconic one.
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby rocklobster » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:34 pm

Mine include:
Cowboy Bebop
Wolf's Rain
Rahxephon
Azumanga Daioh
Fullmetal Alchemist
Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad
Ghost in the Shell (Both the tv and movies)
Noein
all Miyazaki movies
Trigun
Eureka 7
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby MangaRocks! » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:15 pm

I've heard some great ones, and all the Studio Ghibli soundtracks I've heard so far have been awesome, but my all-time favorite anime soundtrack at the moment is actually all 3 Death Note OST's.

I mean, they're totally epic. They've got an *excellent* blend of creepy atmospherics, (a little) Electronic, and some piano, orchestral, and choral pieces with heaping boatloads of Blues, Hard Rock, and good ol' straight-up Rock. Here are just a few diverse examples:

Piano piece
Choral piece
(Epic) choral/orchestral
Catchy Electronic fun
Rhythmic groove
Memorable atmospheric Rock
Totally Hard-Rocking out! :rock:

Yeah. *Awesome*. :)
Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews