things you don't miss from your childhood

Talk about anything in here.

things you don't miss from your childhood

Postby rocklobster » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:55 am

Now for some things I'm glad have changed or am glad are gone completely.
1. Computers from 80's weren't that user-friendly. At all. Plus those floppies weren't that reliable.
2. Videocassettes: CD's are more reliable and have better quality.
3. Cable TV: Cable is better today and more reliable. Believe it or not, even cable channels didn't come in all the time back then. And we had fewer choices.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Fish and Chips » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:03 am

People asking me about things I miss from my childhood.
Fish and Chips

Postby Furen » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:28 am

I don't miss the feeling I'd get when people said I can't do anything, even if they say it now, I really don't care much because I know I can do a bunch of those things.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Atria35 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:55 am

Elementary school. I was bullied to the point of being suicidal by second grade. I was refered to in all sorts of nasty names and slurs. It was the most miserable 5 years of my life.
Atria35

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:16 am

I don't miss being too little to do things for myself.

I don't miss getting made fun of all the time.

I don't miss having no friends.

I don't miss not having any money.

I don't miss being pushed around by adults.

I don't miss being dumb and irresponsible. (Oh wait, I'm still dumb and irresponsible. Crap.)
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Dante » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:26 am

1) I don't miss the taunting the I got in elementary school.
2) I don't miss authoritarian teachers and principles that went after me for the fights that resulted from the taunting.
3) I don't miss the online high school. ever.
4) I don't miss my old view of God or religion.
5) I don't miss my OCD that I had (turning light switches on and off multiple times, grabbing at multiple glasses), nor my OCD obsession with numbers (I was hyper-superstitious of the number 666, I wouldn't write three sixes in a row, even for a math test, I would avoid the number 6 itself, and found 3 and 2 to be evil as they multiplied to create the number 6. I determined that zero was the holiest number because there did not exist any other number that could be multiplied by it to produce the number of the beast... this was followed by the number 7 as it was the number of days in which God created the universe. For that matter I also slept with my head facing Isreal because I felt that it was the holiest place on the planet, but I was unsure whether to face east or west because I couldn't tell which direction would be the shortest route around the globe to get Isreal - all of which is odd given that my parents weren't all that religious or superstitious).
6) I don't miss Mrs. Mussler, from first grade, who slammed my head against a wall and crushed my face like a vice. She was also unhappy that she couldn't make me cry.
7) I don't miss my nightmares, particularly those about the end of the world.
8) And I don't miss losing my emotions in my mid-teens from a numbing form of depression.

To all of these things I say, good bye and good riddance!

(Come on. We're just listing things we don't miss from our childhood, it's not like mine was really all that bad, I'm just listing the bad things I don't miss :P. Looking back, I'm actually surprised that I eventually outgrew the OCD, and going to a more open minded church helped me accept and eventually embrace a different view of God that I eventually flipped 180 from my original stance (even more extreme then their viewpoint).)
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Rusty Claymore » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:26 am

My Psychotic drive for anit-rebellionism. Oh, wait, I still have that... o.0
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Roy Mustang » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:27 am

I don't miss getting made fun of all the time in school.

I don't miss having to go LD class in Elementary school that cause me being pick on a lot by kids.

I don't miss the old computers or Windows 3.1 OS system.

I don't miss the NCAA rules that were in place in the middle 80's about college football games being showed on TV. Back then, you would be lucky to have maybe four or five games on TV.

One would be on ABC,

ND home games would be on NBC

SEC game of the week on a local channel

ACC game of the week on a local channel

A game on CBS that was an SEC game or a game being played on the east coast

And for the lucky people that could get cable in the 80's and could get ESPN, you got one or two games on there.

Most of the time, you would be every lucky to see your team play on TV and most of the time, it would be a bowl game that you only get to see your team play back then.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby Lynna » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:52 pm

Being put down by my friends for being week and girly, how I said some very whiney, selfish things, always being second place when it came to my abilities when placed next to my best friend ( Oh wait...that's still true though. mostly) Oh, and not being a christian.
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby Atria35 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:51 pm

Lynna (post: 1445818) wrote:Oh, and not being a christian.

That's valuable life experience and gives you a better viewpoint on non-believers. My friends who have always been Christian simply can't understand some of my viewpoints since I converted later in life. But I relate to non-believers better than they do.
Atria35

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:39 pm

My even worse social awkwardness. XD
My almost complete lack of friends.
The mean people I remember from various churches.
Doing soccer at the local parks and rec. It wasn't a bad experience, I just didn't care for it. So I only did it two years.
Being beaten at video games by my brother--all the time.
My even greater shyness, and being a general scaredy-cat.
Rusty Claymore (post: 1445774) wrote:My Psychotic drive for anit-rebellionism. Oh, wait, I still have that... o.0

Isn't that horrible? XD ...Or is it? o.o
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Beau Soir » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:53 pm

Glasses in first grade. Hooray for contacts 5 grades later.
Speech therapy lessons... (I talk perfectly fine now, but I had trouble with "r" and "l" sounds) which, in turn, kept me in from recess, and then came out to me having no friends at my old school.
Being painfully awkward in a million ways.
Being that kid that everyone else picked last at recess.
Getting into fist fights with boys in my class, and stupid drama with the girls.
Ugly sweaters, terrible fashion sense.

...I've come a long, long way...

Pascal (post: 1445753) wrote:7) I don't miss my nightmares, particularly those about the end of the world.

I hear ya, man.

Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.
--James Arthur Baldwin

Charm is deceptive, beauty is fleeting,
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

(Proverbs 31:30)

Beau Soir

Postby CrystalChalice » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:33 pm

I don't miss losing my talkative personality in Kindergarten.

I don't miss having close friends and cousins leave me because their families want a better life in another country.

I don't miss being left out in parties and mall trips with my classmates because I was quiet and introverted.

I don't miss the time I got bullied by my classmate in Grade 4 (which was weird because it was really out-of-character for her that time).
Whatever the season in life, the RIGHT attitude makes all the difference.

"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth."
Psalm 121:1-2

"Though our paths may have diverged, you must continue to live out your life with all your might; you must never consider your own life to be something insignificant, and you must never forget about the friends whom you loved for as long as you live."
The Third Rule of Fairy Tail

"Mistakes are not shackles that halt one from stepping forward. Rather, they are that which sustain and grow one's heart.
Mavis Vermilion, Fairy Tail

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.
Avatar Aang, The Legend of Korra
CrystalChalice

Postby armeck » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:05 pm

seeing that i am only 16 i can't really answer this question, but i can say i don't miss not having a license
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby Lynna » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:36 pm

armeckthefirst (post: 1445871) wrote:seeing that i am only 16 i can't really answer this question, but i can say i don't miss not having a license

Hey, I'm sixteen and I answered

I also second nightmares. Oh, And I also don't miss being contrary and not fitting in, though I'm still that, but at least I have friends who share my contrary-ness

Atria35 wrote:That's valuable life experience and gives you a better viewpoint on non-believers. My friends who have always been Christian simply can't understand some of my viewpoints since I converted later in life. But I relate to non-believers better than they do.

very true, that. I still don't miss it though.
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
Lynna

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:50 pm

Lynna (post: 1445907) wrote:Hey, I'm sixteen and I answered

XD Me too.
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Lynna » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:58 pm

Oh, oops, that's fifteen. I'll be 16 in 4 days
Lynna

Postby Lilac#18 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:54 pm

[color="Plum"]1.Being teased/verbally abused at school
2.Wearing my hair in two plaits on both sides and sticking up like Pippi Longstocking
3.Wearing my former Barney the dinosaur t-shirt
4.Living with my former step father
5.Going to the Resource room[/color]
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:06 pm

Not having any independence, for sure. XD Also not being able to listen to whatever music I wanted to listen to or watch whatever movies I wanted to watch. XD Also, being the only person for a time to have the interests that I did. XD

I also don't miss being in a school where I knew every single classmate and had known most of them for years. XD

I definitely don't miss not being able to drive, since driving is my favoriiittee.

And lastly, I don't miss getting in trouble for drawing in class. Because now I do it for a grade. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby fermy6 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:55 pm

I sooooo don't miss being the one everyone loves to bully
I don't miss having few friends
I don't miss being sooo Anti God(from my old life)
I don't miss being over weight(now I have one of the hottest bodies around haha)
And not being able to do big peoples things
If someone said 3 years from now
You'd be long gone
Id get up and punch their mouth
Cuz they're all wrong
I know better
Cuz you said forever
And ever
Who knew?
fermy6

Return to General