Do you swap Christmas presents?

Talk about anything in here.

Do you swap Christmas presents?

Postby Sammy Boy » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:51 am

Just wondering if you swap gifts during Christmas?

My family does not really, we just like to hang out for a meal together.

Since I've had two nephews though, I've decided to give them some of my LEGO sets each Christmas.

For myself, as I am still into toys, I decided to get myself a He-Man figure (from the new "classics" line).
Sammy Boy

Postby Atria35 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:14 am

Yep. My mom is still big into giving my brother and me presents from 'Santa'. But now that we're older, my brother and I give presents back to our parents.
Atria35

Postby Rusty Claymore » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:09 am

We've always given gifts to eachother at my place, for as long as I can remember. 'Course, as we get older we have to start using our own money! T.T
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby mechana2015 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:14 am

Nah I just swap the labels to make sure I get what I want. :P

(JK)

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:46 am

My dad's side doesn't really do gifts anymore except for the kids. My mom and sister will usually give me some candy or lotion or something. My husband's family gives gifts every year and I kind of wish they didn't, frankly. I usually make cookies or bread or something for family and send cards to my friends.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby steenajack » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:49 pm

My family swaps gifts with eachother. I especially like to make homemade gifts for them. :3!
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Postby Furen » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:29 am

Yeah, we enjoy doing it, as long as we remember the symbolism behind it.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:04 pm

Last year I made cards for everyone, and this year my sister and I are making some... items for everyone. >.> It's a secret... <.<
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Furen » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:02 pm

hiding the item's name because of siblings here?
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:07 pm

My family does a gift exchange every year, but we don't exactly shower each other with presents. We usually end up with about 2-3 items/person.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:57 am

Generally, only our immediate family give presents to each other (resulting in several gifts each), besides the occasional hamper from relatives.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby christianfriend » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:36 am

Indeed, me and my family exchange gifts :D This year it was extra special due to my Sister getting Married and bringing in her Husband to our family. We welcomed him with open arms and made it the best Christmas ever!
[font="Lucida Console"][align=center]“The [color="Magenta"]best[/color] kind of [color="Magenta"]friend[/color] is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.â€
christianfriend

Postby CrystalChalice » Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:15 am

Do you mean swap gifts like Secret Santa? If it is, then yes. Every Christmas party I have been always has a gift exchange, sometimes they even put in price limits on our gifts.
Whatever the season in life, the RIGHT attitude makes all the difference.

"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth."
Psalm 121:1-2

"Though our paths may have diverged, you must continue to live out your life with all your might; you must never consider your own life to be something insignificant, and you must never forget about the friends whom you loved for as long as you live."
The Third Rule of Fairy Tail

"Mistakes are not shackles that halt one from stepping forward. Rather, they are that which sustain and grow one's heart.
Mavis Vermilion, Fairy Tail

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.
Avatar Aang, The Legend of Korra
CrystalChalice

Return to General