Ghost Adventures

Talk about anything in here.

Ghost Adventures

Postby Moonlitave » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:10 am

So lately I've been watching this show on the travel channel called Ghost Adventures. I've never liked ghost stuff and demonic movies have always given me the creeps. Usually I tend to stay away from such things, but my fiance loves to watch it, so if I can handle it I stay and watch. Some pretty scary things have happened on their lately and I know it's television, but it's pretty believable.

What do you guys think? Has anyone seen the show or something like it? Real or fake?
[color=DarkOrchid]xx[/color]

We love because He first loved us. John 4:19
Moonlitave

Postby Atria35 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:38 am

I've watched some of it, and I really hate that show.

I mean, I'm actually into ghost-hunting shows like that, it's just that the way this group does it ticks me off. THere's lots of screaming and hysterics when something happens, and it just isn't done very professionally. I personally feel that they fake some of the stuff that happens, because stuff seems to happen every-freakin-episode. They don't rule out causes like banging pipes or anything.

The shows like it I do watch are Paranormal Society (this is done from the view of a college paranormal group, and they approach it in a fairly professional, pretty religious way. There's no screaming or hysterics and they try to rule out more earthly causes).

And I also enjoy Ghost Hunters, who approach it from a far more scientific viewpoint. They use gadgets to see whether the electromagnetic fields can be traced to actual objects that aren't insulated properly, rule out car headlights for ghost lights, and basically do a very thorough job of investigating. They once saved a guy's life by finding a gas leak in his home that was giving him hallucinations, because the amount of gas in the home was so high. And there are many episodes where nothing at all paranormal happens. So I feel that little if anything on their show is faked.
Atria35

Postby Dante » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:53 am

I'm fine with most of these shows (enjoy them a lot actually) so long as the topic doesn't stray into the demonic. Ghosts, fine, if we're talking demons, x button goes click. I find the idea of ghosts to be fascinating, mostly because I've had quite a few experiences in my life with the paranormal (exclusively when I was younger). While I can never take a show like these as actual physical evidence, it's enjoyable to watch all the same. Of the shows, probably my favorite would have to be Destination Truth, mostly because they catch some of the more exciting evidence. The best I've seen takes place in a forest in Romania, where... well, you can watch the video here. Go to about 2:10.
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Atria35 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:02 am

Pascal (post: 1445305) wrote:I find the idea of ghosts to be fascinating, mostly because I've had quite a few experiences in my life with the paranormal (exclusively when I was younger). While I can never take a show like these as actual physical evidence, it's enjoyable to watch all the same. Of the shows, probably my favorite would have to be Destination Truth, mostly because they catch some of the more exciting evidence. The best I've seen takes place in a forest in Romania, where... well, you can watch the video here. Go to about 2:10.

My gosh, thank you for mentioning that! Now I feel okay with saying that I, too, have had some paranormal experiences.... and I would actually call one of them a ghost encounter. So I do find those shows very fascinating.

And Destination Truth is AMAZING. I love how half the show just shows you how cool the local culture is, and then does some really cool stuff.
Atria35

Postby Rusty Claymore » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:59 pm

Hah, I knew sootsprites were real. XP
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:07 pm

I think ghosts are entertaining in fiction but the older I get, the more I doubt their existence.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Moonlitave » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:06 pm

I will agree that yes, something does happen every episode and there is a lot of screaming. I find it all rather hilarious to watch, especially after researching some of it. Like the Zak guy used to be DJ for weddings. Now, he does all this.

There was one episode where they had a ghost say something along the lines of, "I'm coming after your wife" and not long after that Aaron(one of the crew members) and his wife had a mutual divorce. She said that when he was gone doing his ghost hunts that things in their house would move, doors would slam, and she felt like someone was watching her. Now, this could have been her just being paranoid, but I believe that when you open yourself up to stuff like that, you've given it room to do whatever it pleases.

Sadly, I don't believe any of the guys on the show are Christians and probably have no clue that when they say, "Use my body" or "Use my energy" that they could be hurt.

I'll have to try both of those shows! I'm sure they're much better than this one. haha
Moonlitave

Postby Beau Soir » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:43 pm

I used to enjoy ghost shows, but now I really can't stand them. I had horrible nightmares and paralyzing fear after watching some of them before when I was younger, so now I stay far away from them. :sweat: Yeah... I'm fine with fictional ghosts like Boos from Mario or the enemies in Golden Sun though, since they're totally fictional.

In a nutshell, I don't believe in ghosts but I do believe in masquerading demons and demonic forces and that they affect humans. So I do believe that most paranormal instances are real activity, but sometimes people ham things up to get attention. :/

Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.
--James Arthur Baldwin

Charm is deceptive, beauty is fleeting,
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

(Proverbs 31:30)

Beau Soir

Postby Dante » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:35 am

I think ghosts are entertaining in fiction but the older I get, the more I doubt their existence.

There was an old guy from a show we were watching last night on the Vulture mines gave a nice answer to this.

"You don't believe in ghost, then ya ain't seen one. But if ya see one, yer eyes don' normally try to decieve ya, so then you'll probly believe in 'em"

Or something along those lines. Thing is, if I didn't have experiences with the paranormal, I wouldn't believe in these things either, but when you have a freaky experience (I mean REALLY freaky, not something that can be thrown into the "trick of the mind" realm), then you'll have a hard time NOT believing in them.

Sadly, I don't believe any of the guys on the show are Christians and probably have no clue that when they say, "Use my body" or "Use my energy" that they could be hurt.

As my sister and I have talked in the past, this is stupid as ----. You NEVER give any entity permission to do things to you or others, not even ones that you simply believe are harmless ghosts. Supposedly, this actually led to someone (not a show that I watch, but another one she watches) having a divorce. "It" followed them home and his wife started have horrible nightmares night after night until the guy had to break apart to hope that it would follow him and leave her alone.
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Rusty Claymore » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:37 pm

There is definately a spiritual realm, and that those "spirits" interact with our world. (You can't be a Christian and believe otherwise[e.g. If there is no God how can He become a man and pay for our sins?]) As for "harmless" spirits, there is no such thing. When a human dies their soul goes to one of two places, depending upon whether they have submitted to Christ or denied His Gift. Any apparition(?) of substance(... yeah, kinda an oxymoron, but still) is an Angel or Demon. I'd put my money on Demon, though, since angels only show up in records as living people or as themselves.
Should we fear them? Yes and no. Angels have obscene combat prowess, and are capable of slaying 100s of 1,000s of humans with no resistance. Anyone who believes they can "safely" interact with these things are fools who have no concept of reality. On the other hand, IF we are purchased by God's blood, we are protected by God. Our eternal souls are safe, and they can do nothing to pluck us out of God's hands. They can still plague us(see Job), but God has his plans, and all things work out for the best for those who put God first.
*cough*
Anyways, in that light, watching those types of shows makes me really angry because it's watching the enemy mess with people. It'd be like watching a show where the Nazi's do their thing, while I was an Allied soldier on the frontlines.
Imho, at least. Though I can understand the fascination behind it, being mildly fascinated by Angels myself. XD
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Return to General