People who you were excited to find out were Christian

Talk about anything in here.

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:26 pm

Cognitive Gear (post: 1444605) wrote:In Christianity's case, anyone can be, or become, a Christian. We don't have to start out gold medals or a certain amount of wealth or have earned some special award
Ah ha! This is the key. I see what you meant now.

Darn. Quine wins again.
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby steenajack » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:01 pm

Radical Dreamer (post: 1444461) wrote:This is another reason why I'm uncomfortable with this thread, really. Just because someone swears and makes a few innuendos on television (or not on television, really) doesn't mean they don't know Jesus. It's not our job to judge people for that. Stephen Colbert's TV show is his character, anyways, but I've seen enough interviews with him out of character to see what he professes as his faith.

I guess the important part is exactly what you said: you've never looked into it before. I don't think we should pass judgment on someone without looking into who they really are. And even then, you can't judge the heart. I'm okay with what some of this thread has been about, being glad to find out that someone in the media or whatever is a Christian, but I think we really need to veer away from the judgmental underbelly of that.

This...so very much. :D *agrees completely*
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Postby Falx » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:08 am

My best friend gets this all the time.

"Oh hey man! I haven't seen you since High School!"
"Hey dude, yeah been ages!"
"So what do you do for a living?"
"I'm a youth pastor at <church> in <city>.
"HAHAHAHAHAHA... oh man, that was a good one... no seriously what do you do?"
"Erm...."

He kinda laughed about it the first few times, but it got old pretty fast. Although, with the things he did before he got saved he does kind of understand where these people come from
Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

神はそのひとり子を賜わったほどに、この世を愛して下さった。それは御子を信じる者がひとりも滅びないで、永遠の命を得るためである.

My MAL Profile. Please check out my Dad's Christian eBook on Facebook.
Falx

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:17 am

After reading parts of this thread, I motion that we change the name of it to "People who you are EXCITED to know that they are Christians."

Because I think it's totally cool when anyone accepts Him. XD

Just my two cents.

That being said, I love to talk to anime fans who have told me they are Christians and I can tell them with a smile that some of our favorite VAs also claim Jesus as their savior. It makes me feel warm and bubbly for some reason, perhaps it's their expression that seems to say, "So it really IS okay to like anime and be a Christian too?"
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:32 am

ChristianKitsune (post: 1444731) wrote:After reading parts of this thread, I motion that we change the name of it to "People who you are EXCITED to know that they are Christians."

Because I think it's totally cool when anyone accepts Him. XD

Just my two cents.

I concur. It seems like a more fitting title for the thread.
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby fermy6 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:47 am

This thread makes me think of how I have acting lately, and it definantly didn't show people that Christ is in me....thnx to wuever made this thread
If someone said 3 years from now
You'd be long gone
Id get up and punch their mouth
Cuz they're all wrong
I know better
Cuz you said forever
And ever
Who knew?
fermy6

Postby Midori » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:25 am

Shall I change the thread title for you excellent folks? (I'll wait for two more votes.)
Midori

Postby ich1990 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:06 am

"People whose profession of Christianity excites you." would be better, I think.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:41 am

Midori (post: 1444780) wrote:Shall I change the thread title for you excellent folks? (I'll wait for two more votes.)

Do.
It. :)
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby mechana2015 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:51 am

I think it does need to be changed... we're getting too much of the 'I'm surprised that this person is christian because of their profession' sort of thing which is... pretty bogus. I hear that a lot about lawyers, including from the pulpit, and since my Dad is a lawyer it's pretty hurtful to hear that sort of judgement.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby rocklobster » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:25 pm

As the original poster, I don't care, Mid. Besides, excited might be a nicer word. For example, for some reason when I found out Shawn Michaels was Christian, that made him several times cooler.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby fermy6 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:01 pm

I'll be honest...the one person wuz profession of christianity reall suprises me is Lil Wayne
If someone said 3 years from now
You'd be long gone
Id get up and punch their mouth
Cuz they're all wrong
I know better
Cuz you said forever
And ever
Who knew?
fermy6

Postby mechana2015 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:26 pm

fermy6 (post: 1444813) wrote:I'll be honest...the one person wuz profession of christianity reall suprises me is Lil Wayne

I meant 'profession' as in 'job', not method of telling people about their faith.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:46 pm

KougaHane (post: 1444458) wrote:I've never looked into it much, but every time I've watched his show it's contained innuendos and swearing. I'm skeptical of everything I see on TV though.

Um... my Dad talks like that on a pretty regular basis, actually.

Typically when I learn someone's a Christian I'm surprised not because I was sure they couldn't be, but because I don't usually think of it.

And yes, I think ''people who EXCITED you...etc." would be a better thread title. Honestly though, that's pretty much how I'd interpreted it from the beginning. XD
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Nate » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:55 pm

If you're skeptical of the faith of anyone who swears and uses innuendos then I guess people on this site would be surprised to learn that I am a Christian. :O

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:48 pm

Nate (post: 1444844) wrote:If you're skeptical of the faith of anyone who swears and uses innuendos then I guess people on this site would be surprised to learn that I am a Christian. :O

This goes for me, too. :|
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Sheenar » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:31 pm

Nate (post: 1444844) wrote:If you're skeptical of the faith of anyone who swears and uses innuendos then I guess people on this site would be surprised to learn that I am a Christian. :O

Goes for me as well. :/
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Atria35 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:03 pm

Thirding.
Atria35

Previous

Return to General