Finding a Very Sturdy Bible

Talk about anything in here.

Finding a Very Sturdy Bible

Postby Doubleshadow » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:44 pm

I know of someone who is looking for a Bible for her developmentally disabled son. She needs a Bible that can take a beating and not fall apart. Anyone know of where to find a Bible like that?
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Atria35 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:22 pm

A hardcover would definitely be the way to go- Bibles.com might have a few that would be along the lines of what you're looking for. I know they have several they mark as kids/youth/teens, (they have more modern translations) some of which are hardcover, and one version that has a denim cover.

Another idea occured to me: You could also contact the local headquarters for their denomination. There usually are resources for develomentally disables people- they might have ideas and suggestions about what kinds of Bibles would be good.
Atria35

Postby Furen » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:33 pm

Leather bibles are pretty strong, but if they are trying to rip it, then hard cover would be the best. Zondervain (spelling is likely wrong) is a pretty big bible company. You could check them out. Also local Christian suppliers would likely have a large selection and good opinions if you want to give them a go.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Rusty Claymore » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:55 pm

They used to have wooden covers. o.0 Of course, I think the issue would be the tissue pages. I think Atria had a good idea with the contacting bit.
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby mechana2015 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:52 pm

I'd see if there're any bibles that use Yupo type paper in them. The paper is a form of plastic and is rather hardy, water resistant and won't tear unless it's cut first.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:58 pm

What about an audio bible instead of a paper one?
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby shooraijin » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:23 am

That's a great idea. You could even get a cheap little throwaway MP3 player to play it on.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Furen » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:30 pm

shooraijin (post: 1443939) wrote:That's a great idea. You could even get a cheap little throwaway MP3 player to play it on.

Why would you throw away an MP3 player?
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Peanut » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:21 pm

Furen (post: 1444020) wrote:Why would you throw away an MP3 player?

He means a cheap MP3 player that no one will care too much about if it gets destroyed.

And I would like to second what Shoorajin said, without knowing much more about the individual, that seems like the best solution.
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby shooraijin » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:34 pm

Right. If he messes it up, just reload another one. Little headset players are getting dirt cheap nowadays, and take a reasonable amount of punishment.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Return to General