Favorite Instrument?

Talk about anything in here.

Favorite Instrument?

Postby Ally-Ann » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:16 am

My faovrite instrument is definitely the piano. I think it's because I play it. :sweat: My second favorite instrument is the violin, but my parents won't let me take lessons 'cause it's too expensive right now. :waah!: I'm teaching myself flute, but I don't think I'm that great at it. Anyone else play an instrument or want to?
Ally-Ann

Postby Furen » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:35 pm

OOOOH when I get a second I'll post this harmoist, he's so good on his harmonica

My fav would be..... oh wow that's a tough one, I'd likely agree that the piano is a top choice because of how many sounds it can do, same with guitars, they are both lovely when played correctly.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby TWWK » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:45 pm

The violin and cello are my favorites. I also really like the saxaphone and flute.

I played violin, guitar, string bass and bass guitar.
Beneath the Tangles: Where Manga Meets the Maker

In the colors of Your goodness/In the scars that mark your skin/In the currency of Grace/Is where my song begins
~ "Economy of Mercy," Switchfoot
TWWK

Postby Nate » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:48 pm

Furen wrote:same with guitars, they are both lovely when played correctly.

This is how you play a guitar correctly.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Vega » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:54 pm

I love any kind of Percussion. From Drumline to the Drum Set!
The mind is so complex when your based. 32 levels. Welcome to my world. --Lil B
I'm not guna let anything take the love from my heart, the love of life and spreading peace and positive, thank you earth I'm alive. --Lil B
Swag like I'm marrow, in my bones. Swag in my bones. Bone Marrow Swag. -- Lil B
Shouts out to Lil B "The Based God".
Vega

Postby Furen » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:05 pm

Here's the Harmonica I thought was very amazing

also this isn't related but Nate, you gotta change your signature, you are not.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Davidizer13 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:39 pm

The organ. What's better than a keyboard? Two of them - three if you're lucky (or if you count the pedals).

Also, there's the keytar. I've never played one, but you've got to get it credit for its concept. Related to this is the electronic wind instrument, which is to the saxophone or clarinet what the electric guitar is to the acoustic.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby Atria35 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:49 pm

Furen (post: 1442816) wrote:Here's the Harmonica I thought was very amazing

also this isn't related but Nate, you gotta change your signature, you are not.

Awesome harmonica, and agreeing with the Nate statement. Nate! Change it!
Estas un ganador!
Atria35

Postby Rusty Claymore » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:57 pm

Vocaloid.

And spoons. ▬_▬ (seriously, spoons. I don't know how they do it, but they take two in one hand and somehow make awsome percussion...)

And the Bass, of course, since I am actually a mimic bassist.
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Hiryu » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:08 pm

Rubber bands.

I'll agree with most everyone else - Piano is great, so is Harmonica. Saxophone is also one of my personal favorites.
Hiryu

Postby Tsukuyomi » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:23 pm

I've never played it, but my favorite instrument would be the violin (Erhu as well.. Chinese violin) :3 I just love the sound of it.. Especially, in those dramatic (or even semi dramatic) instrumentals <33
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Midori » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:35 pm

The Theremin. Everyone wants one secretly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSzTPGlNa5U

EDIT: Also the Daxophone, but I can't find a good video of one being played.
EDIT 2: Here you go! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnKfmJeihgQ

The inventor's also got a crazy site at http://daxo.de/, including some sections that explain the principles of the Daxophone.
Midori

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:53 pm

Favorite thing to play is definitely the piano. (Not that there's much competition--I haven't played anything seriously for months.)

Favorite instrument to hear is probably guitar or piano. Maybe violin. Banjo is cool sometimes, too. ^^
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby KougaHane » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:58 pm

Guitar and bass, and piano
chatbot 09:36 - KougaHane asks, Will you be my friend?
My answer: No
KougaHane 09:36 - T_T
KougaHane

Postby Garland » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:56 pm

I play clarinet and alto saxophone, but I may pick up french horn too.

My favorite instrument in terms of sound is the french horn.
I, Garland, will knock you all down!-Garland (FF1)

Gruve Nitro's website
Gruve Nitro is a band whose genre is considered (by me) "Christian Funk." It is based off the old Earth Wind and Fire style, and some of the original players play on the album as well as Ray Parker Jr. (from the Ghostbusters theme)

Fortune Cookie:Behind an able man, there are always.
Garland

Location: Somewhere between a machine's logic and a person's consciousness

Postby Dr.Faust » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:11 pm

Ally-Ann (post: 1442772) wrote:My faovrite instrument is definitely the piano. I think it's because I play it. :sweat: My second favorite instrument is the violin, but my parents won't let me take lessons 'cause it's too expensive right now. :waah!: I'm teaching myself flute, but I don't think I'm that great at it. Anyone else play an instrument or want to?

Flute as I play it, also gutiar and piano which I also play. If you need help on flute let me know, I need help getting back in to playing my piano
Check out my boy's art: http://www.arttronik.com/
Dr.Faust

Postby Dante » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:23 pm

My favorite instrument is the piano also, followed by the flute and a set of bells I have inside... mainly because I know how to play them and play them all by ears (despite years worth of effort, I am apparently terrible at reading music because I can't process more then one note at a time effectively).

If I could figure out how to play with these giant hands, I imagine that I would also love to play the electric guitar. But at the current junction, it sits in my corner awaiting the great day of inspiration.

The Theremin. Everyone wants one secretly.

Edit: Oooh! Me Me! I've played the Theremin! Difficult to play but quite fun given that it's like a wireless instrument based on the location of your hands. I've also played music with physics equipment in my lab. There were two electrodes connected via water, the closer you moved them, the louder the sound and a dial on the waveform generator allowed one to change the frequency at will... I got twinkle twinkle little star in only one day!
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Beau Soir » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:53 pm

The piano. Piano music is extremely versatile, and I find it inspiring. How it can be strong and invigorating, or gentle and hauntingly beautiful... it's awesome. I also used to play the piano some years ago, so that may add to my answer. ^__^

Other choices are the cello, the violin, the flute, and the harp. I've recently decided that I would like to learn the violin someday... I blame Celtic music.

Oh, and Theremins are really cool. :D

Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.
--James Arthur Baldwin

Charm is deceptive, beauty is fleeting,
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

(Proverbs 31:30)

Beau Soir

Postby Lynna » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:16 pm

I totally love music! The only instruments I can acctually play well is the flute and my voice. I can play a little buit of piano, And I want to take lessons and I want to learn the violing or maybe the oboe and...I think Orcorina's are awesome I wanna learn to play that too!
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:04 am

I don't know if I have a favorite. I do love bows and strings. It's more like, whatever piece of music moves me, those instruments are my favorite. Also, I can't play anything at all, so I appreciate any instrument equally XD (except for kazoos...)
Shao Feng-Li

Postby ich1990 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:47 am

Cello without a doubt.

But I like Piano music as well.

Third is a tie between the Electric Guitar and the English Horn.

I am also partial to the Classical Guitar.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby Strafe » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:58 am

SHAMELESS PLUG ALERT!

Guitar without question. It's all I do these days... And then tie between Piano, Sax. Then Drums, and Vocals.

In any case, I just recorded a new song an hour ago and it has me playing my favorite instruments: Guitar/ Vocals, Keyboard, and... fake keyboard drums. And I finally recorded myself playing a solo at the end. Check it out if you got a minute. ;P You can also download it if you like it enough.

http://soundcloud.com/mattkimdemos/roman-candles
This is an original signature
Strafe

Postby Ally-Ann » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:06 am

HEY! The second song that guy played was my first piano recital piece! Not the fast one, but the other one after the classical song! Look up "In an Eighteenth Century Flower Garden". That's the name of the piece.
[color="Lime"]My Fictionpress account[/color]! http://www.fictionpress.com/u/740837/Ally-Ann

[color="Yellow"]My Fanfiction account[/color]! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2401061/ArmyAngel316

My nicknames! [color="Pink"]~*[/color][color="palegreen"]Ally[/color][color="pink"]*~[/color] [color="white"](>[/color][color="Cyan"]Mochi-chan[/color][color="White"]<)[/color]

I like mochi. ^^

I question my [color="DarkOrchid"]sanity[/color]. (._.)

Operation: Blackout
Ally-Ann

Postby rocklobster » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:53 am

I've been playing the piano since I was 4, according to my mother, who taught me how to do it. We have an upright, btw. And it's got great resonance.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Lilac#18 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:26 pm

[color="Plum"]My favorite instrument to listen to is the piano. I like all the different tones of it.[/color]
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:02 pm

Midori (post: 1442849) wrote:The Theremin. Everyone wants one secretly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSzTPGlNa5U

Dude, how did you know that is my absolute favorite Theremin performance? Everyone interested in the Theremin should definitely go watch that.

I do love piano music and the piano is a wonderful instrument. I know basic chords and can pluck out melodies by ear, but I can't play very well.

I also love the electric guitar for its versatility. Acoustic is also quite nice.

And last but most definitely not least, I am absolutely fascinated by the drums and have been for a long time.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Ella Edric » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:18 pm

I love the violin, penny flute, average flute, and cello. All very beautiful instruments. I do love guitars too and pianos, but they are used so often I've become used to their sounds. But the instruments I mentioned arent so much and are have a very melodic sound to them~ <3
Ella Edric

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:26 pm

I recently started teaching myself to play piano. I've always loved the piano, and felt it was about time I finally learn how to play it.

I played clarinet for about a year, but I didn't like it at all... mostly because my teacher didn't like me very much.

I played violin for three years after that, but that was only because strings was taught by a different teacher, and he wasn't all that much better (let kids get away with everything) and music was required at my school. I didn't really care for the violin, but I thought it was easier than the clarinet...

I also love to sing, if that counts for anything.
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby Doubleshadow » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:17 pm

The Glass Harmonica. It has a unique sound, and it was banned by jealous people who claimed it causes insanity.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Ally-Ann » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:16 am

mysngoeshere56 (post: 1443116) wrote:I recently started teaching myself to play piano. I've always loved the piano, and felt it was about time I finally learn how to play it.

I played clarinet for about a year, but I didn't like it at all... mostly because my teacher didn't like me very much.

I played violin for three years after that, but that was only because strings was taught by a different teacher, and he wasn't all that much better (let kids get away with everything) and music was required at my school. I didn't really care for the violin, but I thought it was easier than the clarinet...

I also love to sing, if that counts for anything.

That's how I got past the first book in a piano course; I taught myself and saved months of more piano lessons when my parents found a teacher. Good luck! :jump:
[color="Lime"]My Fictionpress account[/color]! http://www.fictionpress.com/u/740837/Ally-Ann

[color="Yellow"]My Fanfiction account[/color]! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2401061/ArmyAngel316

My nicknames! [color="Pink"]~*[/color][color="palegreen"]Ally[/color][color="pink"]*~[/color] [color="white"](>[/color][color="Cyan"]Mochi-chan[/color][color="White"]<)[/color]

I like mochi. ^^

I question my [color="DarkOrchid"]sanity[/color]. (._.)

Operation: Blackout
Ally-Ann

Next

Return to General