The Day Of Judgement

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Furen » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:03 pm

TopazRaven (post: 1442126) wrote:Lol, ok, so I can see this was a bit of a stupid question now. :sweat: Me and my silly fears!

There are no stupid questions, you legitimately didn't know so you asked. But yeah, it says that only God the father (so not the other parts from what I gather???) knows the exact time and date.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Fish and Chips » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:49 pm

I can't understand why anyone is making such a big deal about 2011 after we've already survived 199X.
Fish and Chips

Postby Furen » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:56 pm

always tell people it's not going to end, that way, if you are right, you can gloat, if you are wrong, they have no time to gloat
XD
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Winry » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:56 pm

Fish and Chips (post: 1442218) wrote:I can't understand why anyone is making such a big deal about 2011 after we've already survived 199X.

I guess people just like to freak out about stuff?
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9

Phantom_Sorano 12:29 - Congrats Winry, you are the first CAA Chat Survivor.
Winry

Postby mechana2015 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:10 pm

Winry (post: 1442223) wrote:I guess people just like to freak out about stuff?

Telling people you know when the world will end gives you power and gathers people to you. It's essentially a power play using the end of the world to incite fear in the people to make them come to the person who predicted it since usually the other side of the idea is "I know when the end of the world will be, and only I know how you can be saved from it." Soon enough there's a church of terrified people around the person, happy to hand them money in exchange for salvation.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Beau Soir » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:22 pm

Winry (post: 1442223) wrote:I guess people just like to freak out about stuff?
I agree with this.

I once saw a program on TV that said thousands of people were convinced that Jesus was going to come back on this one certain day, so they sold everything they owned and sat on a hillside all day, waiting...
That must've been awkward at the end of the day.

Actually, when I was really young, I used to freak out about the end of the world so much that I would often cry about it. I was truly scared, and it wasn't so much being afraid of dying, but being afraid of "not getting to live" and not getting to do all the things I wanted to do in life. Only in more recent years have I realized that I shouldn't be afraid of the world's end, because Heaven is going to be so much better than anything here, ever. No, I don't want to die, it's natural to not want to die, but consider this... In the bad times I think of how one day I'll be in Heaven where there is no pain, and in the good times, I think, "Wow, and to think Heaven will be so much more awesome than this!" Seriously, to be in God's presence... it's so exciting to think about!

But anyhow, from what I've learned- I say it's best to be aware of this world's end, but dwelling on it will drive you crazy. It happened to me, and you can see it even worse in many people who are convinced about 2012.

Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.
--James Arthur Baldwin

Charm is deceptive, beauty is fleeting,
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

(Proverbs 31:30)

Beau Soir

Postby TopazRaven » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:45 pm

I'll admit, anytime I hear someone say, "OMGosh, the world is ending!" I go "AHHH! NOOO!" I'm very very paranoid. I need to cut it out. Dying in general scares me, especially since I don't do anything. I don't go to school and I don't have a job. I got my first job last Jan, but quit after two monthes because I hated it. I literally disliked it so much I'd get sick before going. It definitly wasn't the right job for me, but I haven't gotten one since. After the holiday season passes I'm going to start trying again, because I haven't really been looking so far. Everyone tells me with Christmas coming up though I don't have any hope of finding a job until it's over. So, anyway, I don't do anything but sit around on my lazy behind, read, watch TV, play video games, do chores, hang out with friends sometimes, take care of my sick cat and walk my dog...How bad is that gonna look if Jesus comes back? It doesn't help that I can't think of anything I'm good at either.
TopazRaven

Postby Midori » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:51 pm

Sometimes I've wished for the end of the world to come sooner, so that I can go to live with the Lord sooner. But God's will is God's will. And what's a few decades in the face of eternity, anyway?
Midori

Postby Furen » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:07 pm

Midori (post: 1442236) wrote:Sometimes I've wished for the end of the world to come sooner, so that I can go to live with the Lord sooner. But God's will is God's will. And what's a few decades in the face of eternity, anyway?

well nothing to God, very little to time, and FOR EVER for us
Furen

Postby Hiryu » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:13 pm

It'll end when I decide to destroy the earth. Right now, the pizza is keeping me from destroying everyone. Make more pizza or everyone dies.
Hiryu

Postby blkmage » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:14 pm

Fish and Chips (post: 1442218) wrote:I can't understand why anyone is making such a big deal about 2011 after we've already survived 199X.

blkmage

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:15 pm

fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Furen » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:52 pm

Hiryu (post: 1442245) wrote:It'll end when I decide to destroy the earth. Right now, the pizza is keeping me from destroying everyone. Make more pizza or everyone dies.

I hereby close my franchise of pizza places, except for me. >:^ D
Furen

Postby Nate » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:19 pm

I have really frightening dreams about the end of the world sometimes. It's not pleasant.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Peanut » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:26 pm

Nate (post: 1442267) wrote:I have really frightening dreams about the end of the world sometimes. It's not pleasant.

That's nothing compared to my apocalyptic dreams. I wake up feeling revealed XD
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby Davidizer13 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:30 pm

Not only that, but we've survived through 200X, what with Dr. Wily's robot uprisings. I went through the entire decade without being attacked by an elementally-themed android! If we could get through that, 2012 should be no problem. Massive crustal upheaval driven by neutrinos/being called by the Ascended Masters to a higher existential plane? Bring it on!
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby Tsukuyomi » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:06 pm

Atria35 (post: 1442157) wrote:Dug up some info on the people going "2011". Apparently they're followers of one Harold Camping, who's made a bit of a career out of his "end of the world" things. The first time around, he predicted it would end in 1994. The number of his followers have been growing since then.

But to reiterate what everyone else said, the Bible states that there is no way that we could know which day it all happens.

Ooh, I've heard of that guy (I think)! 2012 was a flop, so I just thought they chose a different date... ^__^;;;

I read on Yahoo articles taht the 2012 end of the world has been postponed. Now, no one knows when the world is going to end (like anyone knew to begin with lol). I really liked the last sentence of the first paragraph (I think it was),"Nobody knows when the world will end.. Or, if it has already." Or, something like that lol It reminds me of Haruhi lol You know, that one episode when Kyon and Haruhi was in her own world and he said something about not knowing if the world ended after they kiss... Ok, that was a bit silly, but that's waht it reminded me of xD

I'll admit though, the whole thing about the end of the world really does scare me, but I guess if it's supposed to happen, it'll happen ^__^
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby TopazRaven » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:22 pm

[quote="Tsukuyomi (post: 1442285)"]Ooh, I've heard of that guy (I think)! 2012 was a flop, so I just thought they chose a different date... ^__^]

Nice to not be alone on this one. I try to think of it the way you do, but I can't help but worry and feel scared sometimes. But, like you said, if it happens then it happens. Nothing we puny humans can do about it. xD
TopazRaven

Postby WhiteMage212 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:47 pm

I think I'd rather have the world end sooner rather than later. Than I won't have to finish my homework XD On a serious note, God has many gifts in store for us and even greater will be being in His presence. Everything on earth is temporary and we can't take it with us.
In the beginning, God created HTML...- R. Zion
Men cry not for themselves, but for there comrades.-FF7 Crisis Core
"If it's not the gun that takes you down, it's the pen- myself
Know God, No fear.
If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! MOES. http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=43825[/URL].
WhiteMage212

Postby Yamamaya » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:53 pm

rocklobster (post: 1442131) wrote:Let me put it this way, Topaz Raven. Lots of people have predicted the end of the world. Back in the 1840's, someone thought it was going to end in 1848 (I think). someone who's 0-2?

Close, it was 1844. I should know considering my denomination grew out of that movement(Millerites) that predicted that the end of the world woulc occur in 1844.

Also Tsukuyomi is not scared of the end of the world. She is trying to throw us off from her evil plot to bring the world under her dominion.

I am currently vying for a position as governor of Istanbul in the New Tsukuyomi World Order.
Yamamaya

Postby TopazRaven » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:31 am

WhiteMage212 (post: 1442301) wrote:I think I'd rather have the world end sooner rather than later. Than I won't have to finish my homework XD On a serious note, God has many gifts in store for us and even greater will be being in His presence. Everything on earth is temporary and we can't take it with us.

What about all my pets? Can they come to? I'd hate to think about them here all alone if they where left behind. There would be no one to take care of them. :(
TopazRaven

Postby Midori » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:01 pm

I'm pretty sure the bible makes no mention of pets, so any statement about whether pets go to heaven or not is just speculation. That said, I have heard that many people say "A heaven without dogs would not be heaven."

Also I think that dwelling on the circumstances of the rapture is a good way to distract yourself from what you should be doing here on earth. I've half a mind to lock this thread for that reason, but it's a fine thread (under our current rules), so I won't lock it unless something goes wrong. It's up to your choice what you do.
Midori

Postby Nate » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:08 pm

The Bible does say something about the lion laying down with the lamb in the new Heaven/Earth so animals could very well exist. Or at least lions and sheep. It could also be metaphorical though. WHO KNOWS.

Nate

Postby TopazRaven » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:29 pm

You can lock the thread if it makes you feel that way. I did technically get my answer. xD
TopazRaven

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:38 pm

Midori (post: 1442385) wrote:Also I think that dwelling on the circumstances of the rapture is a good way to distract yourself from what you should be doing here on earth.

QFT - There is no guarantee that the mechanics of the rapture will ever matter to you, and honestly the theology of the concept is NOT universally accepted, so that may not even be how it works in the end. Focusing on it will just drag you away from actually caring about people here on earth and expressing God's love to them, and will make you both more panicky and more susceptible to 'revelation' conspiracy theory fears.

I personally decided that I would walk out of any sermon about revelation about 10 years ago since they rarely serve to enhance my faith and seem to sheerly exist to freak people out and cause them to act in fear, rather than love. That, and the glaring level of inaccuracy and reading the news into the bible that tends to occur in sermons and talks of this type make me want to hurl.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby rocklobster » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:43 pm

before this thread is locked, let me give you a word of advice I learned from one of the pastors on EWTN (a Catholic cable channel):
The end of the world is a management issue. We're in sales. Our job is to proclaim the gospel.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Beau Soir » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:55 pm

Midori (post: 1442385) wrote:I'm pretty sure the bible makes no mention of pets, so any statement about whether pets go to heaven or not is just speculation. That said, I have heard that many people say "A heaven without dogs would not be heaven."

Also I think that dwelling on the circumstances of the rapture is a good way to distract yourself from what you should be doing here on earth. I've half a mind to lock this thread for that reason, but it's a fine thread (under our current rules), so I won't lock it unless something goes wrong. It's up to your choice what you do.
Speaking of animals which may or may not be in heaven, hopefully there aren't mosquitoes...

But in all seriousness, I agree with you. The rapture is good to be reminded of, but the utter destruction of the world probably isn't the most uplifting choice to mull over day after day.

Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.
--James Arthur Baldwin

Charm is deceptive, beauty is fleeting,
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

(Proverbs 31:30)

Beau Soir

Postby Nate » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:58 pm

mechana2015 wrote:I personally decided that I would walk out of any sermon about revelation about 10 years ago since they rarely serve to enhance my faith and seem to sheerly exist to freak people out and cause them to act in fear, rather than love.

This is pretty much the reason I haven't gone to church in years. It's not just Revelation (which I despise) but the constant need of the church to try and turn sermons which should be telling me about God and how to get closer to Him, into political soapboxes.

Nate

Postby Rusty Claymore » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:31 pm

Midori wrote:That said, I have heard that many people say "A heaven without dogs would not be heaven."
But we are still supposed to love them. XD
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:33 pm

Midori (post: 1442385) wrote:I'm pretty sure the bible makes no mention of pets, so any statement about whether pets go to heaven or not is just speculation. That said, I have heard that many people say "A heaven without dogs would not be heaven."
B-b-but what if someone's allergic?!

On that note, I like to make jokes about how I should drop out since the world will end before I graduate. The best is when people don't think I'm kidding.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Previous Next

Return to General