[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
Twilight Saga - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

Twilight Saga

Talk about anything in here.

Twilight Saga

Postby samurai10 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:22 pm

What are your thoughts on it?
"I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia." ~The Silver Chair

"You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel." ~Johnny Depp

"MOES! Sign up and sig down!"

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~ [/color]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Sami-The warrior pokemon

This pokemon is stout in stature, but extremely loyal. it's head and ears make the shape of a samurai helmet. the scales from said helmet can be pulled out and used as kunai.
samurai10

Location: You're crazy if you think I'll tell you where I live.

Postby Ella Edric » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:32 pm

hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate

.......... hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate.......
Ella Edric

Postby Cognitive Gear » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:48 pm

[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby ich1990 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:51 pm

It is not the fact that it is abominable that bothers me. It is the fact that it is abominable and people insist that it isn't. It is the fact that it is abominable and its creator makes millions off from it. It is the fact that it is absurdly popular while good books get thrown by the wayside because they don't pander to fangirl emotions enough. It is the fact that its teaches young writers that you don't have to learn to write or be creative or doing anything productive with your writing skills, you just have to give ravenous girls what they want and money will pour from the sky upon you.

It is the fact that it smashes the burgeoning hopes of the writer within me by saying "you can't work your way to success as an author, because none of those skills matter: you must be chosen by the gods of the fangirls in order to succeed".

I hate Twilight because I find that fact to be true and soul crushing.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby Beau Soir » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:13 am

Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.
--James Arthur Baldwin

Charm is deceptive, beauty is fleeting,
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

(Proverbs 31:30)

Beau Soir

Postby Ella Edric » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:22 am

ich1990 (post: 1441603) wrote:It is not the fact that it is abominable that bothers me. It is the fact that it is abominable and people insist that it isn't. It is the fact that it is abominable and its creator makes millions off from it. It is the fact that it is absurdly popular while good books get thrown by the wayside because they don't pander to fangirl emotions enough. It is the fact that its teaches young writers that you don't have to learn to write or be creative or doing anything productive with your writing skills, you just have to give ravenous girls what they want and money will pour from the sky upon you.

It is the fact that it smashes the burgeoning hopes of the writer within me by saying "you can't work your way to success as an author, because none of those skills matter: you must be chosen by the gods of the fangirls in order to succeed".

^ Trufax

Beau Soir (post: 1441606) wrote:I asked for this shirt for Christmas.

AHAHAHAHAHA! I want that shirt. XDD
[color="LightBlue"]"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." --Thomas Jefferson [/color]
[font="Arial Black"][color="Pink"]~Proud member(and starter), of the sisterhood of CAA.~ [/color][/font]
[color="YellowGreen"]Furen: Without you Canada would be feeling bad. we'd all be depressed [/color]
CognitiveGear 07:08 - I hear that Jesus is a pretty rad dude who teaches us to love everyone.
[color="Silver"]Midknight74012 09:04 - Minds are like parachutes. Just because you lost yours, doesn't mean you can borrow mine[/color]
[color="Red"]@)}~`,~[/color] [color="SeaGreen"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]
[color="RoyalBlue"]This is MOES[/color]:dance:
Ella Edric

Postby Rusty Claymore » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:26 am

5-0. I think the odds are in our favor. And against theirs. >_<
I'm just generally not a fan of undead stuff.
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Yuki-Anne » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:08 am

ich1990 (post: 1441603) wrote:It is not the fact that it is abominable that bothers me. It is the fact that it is abominable and people insist that it isn't. It is the fact that it is abominable and its creator makes millions off from it. It is the fact that it is absurdly popular while good books get thrown by the wayside because they don't pander to fangirl emotions enough. It is the fact that its teaches young writers that you don't have to learn to write or be creative or doing anything productive with your writing skills, you just have to give ravenous girls what they want and money will pour from the sky upon you.

QFT.

I have to admit, when I first read the books I was pulled in to the web of emotional deceit and loved them. I admit (with immense shame) that I was Team Edward (before the movies came out. My fascination was already fading by the time I heard about the casting, and when I did, I thought, "Seriously?! That guy?!" When posters and such started coming out, it only made it worse. I'm sorry, but Robert Pattinson is not an attractive man in the slightest.) But when I was able to distance myself and actually think about the implications of a lot of what happens in the book, I found myself horrified. That, and the smarmy writing which hid in plain sight was made quite obvious when quoted out of context. I am so grateful to people who read the book while maintaining emotional distance enough to recognize the crappiness of the writing. Now it's hard for me to believe I ever enjoyed such drivel.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Sheol777 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:12 am

It's popular to love Twilight...
It's popular to hate Twilight...

I went to the first movie and had no idea of its fanbase. Boy was I surprised. It wasn't a great movie, but it wasn't the worst I have ever seen either. I just don't get the hype.

I mean vampires have been around forever in fiction. Every generation has this debate.

Us: "Pssst! Lost Boys is cooler then Twilight!"

Folks: "What?! Hammer Horror vampires are way better!"

Grandfolks: "Bela Lugosi puts them all to eternal shame."

Whatevs
Image........... My Deep Space Nine Podcast ........... My Anime List...........
Sheol777

Postby rocklobster » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:15 am

Why did I vote no? Because vampires don't sparkle!
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Yuki-Anne » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:18 am

Sheol777 (post: 1441633) wrote:It's popular to love Twilight...
It's popular to hate Twilight...

I went to the first movie and had no idea of its fanbase. Boy was I surprised. It wasn't a great movie, but it wasn't the worst I have ever seen either. I just don't get the hype.

I mean vampires have been around forever in fiction. Every generation has this debate.

Us: "Pssst! Lost Boys is cooler then Twilight!"

Folks: "What?! Hammer Horror vampires are way better!"

Grandfolks: "Bela Lugosi puts them all to eternal shame."

Whatevs

Thing is, the movies are not indicative of how bad the books are, mostly because they edit out hundreds of pages of bland, boring narration where nothing happens other than Bella calling Edward her "Adonis" and obsessing over his immense beauty and mysteriousness.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby armeck » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:20 am

all i saw of this saga was eclipse. i was just entertaining, the acting wasn't very good. it was kinda cheesy. and edward creeped me out, he was SOOOOOO over protective, i guess if she chose jacob it would have been better
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby klomp123 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:34 am

Team Victoria!

I read the first book on a road trip and got so bored that looking out the window at endless corn seemed more entertaining.

I still have no idea of what Bella is supposed to look like, except that she's pale and sooooo beautiful (or charismatic) that everything with a Y chromosome in a five mile radius is attracted to her. Edward's sister is jealous of her uterus. o.0
In stark contrast, I know exactly what Edward looks, feels, sounds, and even tastes like.

The actual plot (PEOPLE TRYING TO EAT BELLA) starts in the last fourth of the book. No foreshadowing, nothing interesting before that. The reveal that Edward was a vampire wasn't even close to suspenseful.

In all honesty, the concept has potential, but it was poorly executed. I was quite disappointed.

I'm going to have myself cryogenically frozen, and when Stephanie Meyer's copyright expires, I shall awaken and rewrite Twilight! And end the story in one book instead of three obscenely long books filled with filler.
klomp123

Postby goldenspines » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:57 am

I think most people claiming to dislike Twilight dislike the fanbase and all the hype about it instead of the books. The hype does make the mediocre writing looks worse, though. But Meyers didn't get published because her publisher liked vampires (well, maaaaybe, but that's a stretch).
The books are not horribly written (that fourth one, though, was weeeeeird, plus she uses too many i-adjectives throughout); but they're certainly nothing spectacular; just the ordinary cheesy teen fiction that only became popular because the main male characters are presented as "slaves of love/devotion" to the main Mary Sue character (who's personality and looks are so flat that she could be ANYONE, and that's the point). Many girls adore this idea since it's somewhat "forbidden" in today's society. So, they get a kick reading the Twilight Saga because they wish they could be that main Mary Sue character.
Or, you know, maybe they just like pretty boy vampires and werewolves? I dunno.

Short answer: The books suck, but they were published. So bad message or not, the writing is mediocre.

Concerning the movies, which I've been meaning to see so I will have a better idea on how to criticize them, I personally feel very bad for Robert Pattinson. He's been mostly out of work since playing Cedric in Harry Potter and when this role came along, he had to go for it for the sake of making a living. Actors have it hard; and you can tell in interviews that Pattinson is not that excited about this role he has now. Or rather, he doesn't take it seriously, but he does the job because he wants to get paid (not that the job is hard, really, the script sucks).

But you can criticize the girl who plays Bella all you want (I can't call her an actress because she's not really "acted" in anything). Same goes for the dude who played Jacob who can't really act yet either.

klomp123 wrote: Team Victoria!

If you are talking about Seras Victoria, you just made my day.
goldenspines

Postby Atria35 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:58 am

klomp123 (post: 1441644) wrote:I still have no idea of what Bella is supposed to look like, except that she's pale and sooooo beautiful (or charismatic) that everything with a Y chromosome in a five mile radius is attracted to her. Edward's sister is jealous of her uterus. o.0

Even though in the books she's supposed to be a "normal" looking girl? (yeah, they soooo cast Holleywood Homely for her).

Twilight makes me angry and sad.
Atria35

Postby rocklobster » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:11 am

[quote="goldenspines (post: 1441647)"]I think most people claiming to dislike Twilight dislike the fanbase and all the hype about it instead of the books. The hype does make the mediocre writing looks worse, though. But Meyers didn't get published because her publisher liked vampires (well, maaaaybe, but that's a stretch).
The books are not horribly written (that fourth one, though, was weeeeeird, plus she uses too many i-adjectives throughout)]
I've seen clips. I wonder if Tommy Wiseau has his own School of Bland Acting. These people are clearly graduates.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby mechana2015 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:20 am

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Lynna » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:29 am

Ella Edric (post: 1441595) wrote:hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate

.......... hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate.......

Sis, I understand you feelings, but since you've never acctually read the books, you can't really talk ^^] I'm sorry, I didn't mean to go on for that long...
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby Yamamaya » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:42 am

goldenspines (post: 1441647) wrote:
If you are talking about Seras Victoria, you just made my day.

She's better than the entire cast of Twilight put together.

Indeed. There are plenty of extremely horrific books out there. The fact that Twilight gets so many fans is truly disheartening. The thing is, Twilight panders to a particular fantasy, the perfect Prince Charming who's just dangerous enough to avoid becoming boring(Edward being a vampire). Bella is probably one of the worst Mary Sue's out there. She's nothing more than a cut out for girls to insert themselves into the story. I heard that when Meyer was asked to describe Bella, she described Bella as looking a lot like her. Obvious insert is obvious.

On a different note, I think the message of Twilight is the most dangerous. The feelings between Bella and Edward are little more than infatuation. An infatuation that drives Bella to commit extremely stupid acts such as jumping off a freaking bridge just to hear her sweet Edward's voice. If anything, Jacob and Bella seemed to have a bit more of a connection than Edward and might have developed a normalbelieveable relationship(if it wasn't for Jacob's forced kisses).

Bella is said to be a strong woman, yet she cares about NOTHING save for her Edward. Edward's the one who wants her to go to college. ALL she cares about is being with him. She has no goals, no ambitions, all she wants is Edward.

What message does this send to teenage girls?

I was disgusted with Bella from page 1 of Twilight. She was an instant Mary Sue since everyone loved her for no defined reason. Yet she spends all of her time whining. Shouldn't she be happy that she's making friends instead of whining? She remains an extremely bland character(even going as far as to say she HATES music).

Edward is even worse. He flat out states his life was a black abyss of sparkly vampire sorrow before he met Bella. He serves no purpose save to be the "perfect man."(this is very debateable due to his stalkerish behavior which is viewed as romantic by Bella).

Jacob actually isn't that bad of a character(despite the very unfortunate implications in the last book). He's probably one of the few characters whose flaws aren't washed over or completely ignored.
Yamamaya

Postby Jingo Jaden » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:48 am

goldenspines (post: 1441647) wrote:
The books are not horribly written

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L253VLwH3w&feature=channel

Warning - All of said commentaries contain inappropriate language, suggestive themes and just about anything Twilight itself contains.

If there is one thing Meyers does frequently it's to use inappropriate definitions all the time. It's like saying his teeth shined like platinum. If Bella was going to give a police description of Edward, it would probably go like this

"Ivory skinned, bronze hair, serious, deep glare and emerald eyes."

The writing is crazy bad at times, but I can see how it would appeal to a younger audience. Calling it mediocre as far as writing goes would be unreasonably generous.

Pick your favorite ending

Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Okami » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:50 am

Yuki-Anne (post: 1441617) wrote:QFT.

I have to admit, when I first read the books I was pulled in to the web of emotional deceit and loved them. I admit (with immense shame) that I was Team Edward (before the movies came out. My fascination was already fading by the time I heard about the casting, and when I did, I thought, "Seriously?! That guy?!" When posters and such started coming out, it only made it worse. I'm sorry, but Robert Pattinson is not an attractive man in the slightest.) But when I was able to distance myself and actually think about the implications of a lot of what happens in the book, I found myself horrified. That, and the smarmy writing which hid in plain sight was made quite obvious when quoted out of context. I am so grateful to people who read the book while maintaining emotional distance enough to recognize the crappiness of the writing. Now it's hard for me to believe I ever enjoyed such drivel.

This is also my experience (I'm glad you actually knew how to write it out, though, I am always fumbling with how to word it :P) And I really don't have any further comment...
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby Peanut » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:09 am

The Twilight movies are great...great to riff on that is.
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby Furen » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:56 am

Because I have never read it, I don't really have a well formulated oppinion, but I did see the first movie at like 3 in the morning with a few friends, one loved it, one hated it, and I was kinda in the middle. So many at my church loved it (like the leader staff) that I couldn't understand why there was anything wrong with it, but I wouldn't spend money to see it. Over hype did kinda make me like it less, but over hate did the same effect for me. I'm not going to hate on people that like it, but I'm more on the side that doesn't like it because it's too close to what I disagree with.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby TGJesusfreak » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:16 am

HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE.

"I was watching you sleep"

"aww that's sweet"

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! XD RESTRAINING ORDER! Is she that desparate? XD

Also it had to be done:
Urban dictionary wrote:1. Vampire
Something that does not sparkle.
Dracula is a vampire, but Edward Cullen is a fairy

and:
Jaden wrote:The writing is crazy bad at times, but I can see how it would appeal to a younger audience. Calling it mediocre as far as writing goes would be unreasonably generous.

^THIS
TGJesusfreak

Location: USA... Earth... the milky way galaxy... the universe...

Postby steenajack » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:21 am

There is nothing here I can post that hasn't already been said. I'll admit, I was sucked in at the first book.....it wasn't until the meadow/sparkle scene that I got iffed off. That scene was so....sensual to me that I had to decide to put the book down. I was sad at first, because I was curious about how the book ended, and I felt like I was missing out because EVERYONE was reading/enjoying them. Then, I found a fanbase that actually disliked the books. After awhile of digging, I discovered WHY the books were despised by these people, and it was revealed to me then the true colors of the book:

It was an AWFUL, bad-fanfiction-like book of practical lust-feed for girls. It appealed to their fantasies of "true love", when really it's not what "love" is at all. What the book shows is a sick and perverted obsession to feed selfish and intense desires. The fact that Bella is willing to put her life in danger just to see Edward isn't neccessarily love-driven. What she has is an intense...er sexual desire, if you ask me. She doesn't love who Edward is, she loves his beauty and charm. Although Edward may do nice things for her, he is also guilty of obsession. Not to mention a borderline emotionally and mentally abusive and possesive behavior. I remember watching a parody video (Anyone familiar with a youtube series entitled How It Should Have Ended?) which depicted a humorous representation of How Twilight Should Have Ended. One of the famale vampires, whose name escapes me, said something about Edward and Bella's relationship that pretty much proves my point:
"You're and addict whose dating crack," That pretty much sums it up. Even in the actual books, Edward even somewhat crudely mentioned that this was how he felt for Bella. It was like he was a recovering addict and Bella was his brand of heroine (sp?).
Let me just say this clear, from living life and experiencing things, love is not an addiction. Love is a genuine caring for someone that involves wanting the absolute best for them, even if it doesn't involve yourself. This can apply to all kinds of love, not just romantic kind. Love of a family member, love of a friend, even the way God loves us. God's love to us is the most incredible expression of true love ever. He loves us, even if we don't love Him back. Jesus went through all that pain and torment knowing full well that there would be some people out there who would never receive His love. He did it anyway, because He loves us. In the bible Jesus mentioned that the greatest expression of love is when one gives his/her life for his/her friends.

Believing this, and seeing how popular the books are sickens me to my stomach. Why is it that a bad fanfiction is getting all the praise and love, while good books that express true love are getting thrown away? It makes me sad, but it also makes me determined. I plan on expressing true love in my stories. I want to reintroduce the world to REAL LOVE again, because in truth it has lost sight of it. This is something I feel really passionate about, and I'm determined to succeed. I don't care how many Twilight fangirls are screaming for fanservice, I don't care if they throw copies of my stuff down the trash, I'm not trying to appeal to them anyway. I'm following where I believe God is leading me, and that's the road of love, not fanservice.

Those are my thoughts on the subject. I apologize if I sound a bit....extreme. ^^; This is just what I feel in the topic. I tend to be passionate sometimes.
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Postby TGJesusfreak » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:29 am

[quote="steenajack (post: 1441688)"]There is nothing here I can post that hasn't already been said. I'll admit, I was sucked in at the first book.....it wasn't until the meadow/sparkle scene that I got iffed off. That scene was so....sensual to me that I had to decide to put the book down. I was sad at first, because I was curious about how the book ended, and I felt like I was missing out because EVERYONE was reading/enjoying them. Then, I found a fanbase that actually disliked the books. After awhile of digging, I discovered WHY the books were despised by these people, and it was revealed to me then the true colors of the book:

It was an AWFUL, bad-fanfiction-like book of practical lust-feed for girls. It appealed to their fantasies of "true love", when really it's not what "love" is at all. What the book shows is a sick and perverted obsession to feed selfish and intense desires. The fact that Bella is willing to put her life in danger just to see Edward isn't neccessarily love-driven. What she has is an intense...er sexual desire, if you ask me. She doesn't love who Edward is, she loves his beauty and charm. Although Edward may do nice things for her, he is also guilty of obsession. Not to mention a borderline emotionally and mentally abusive and possesive behavior. I remember watching a parody video (Anyone familiar with a youtube series entitled How It Should Have Ended?) which depicted a humorous representation of How Twilight Should Have Ended. One of the famale vampires, whose name escapes me, said something about Edward and Bella's relationship that pretty much proves my point:
"You're and addict whose dating crack," That pretty much sums it up. Even in the actual books, Edward even somewhat crudely mentioned that this was how he felt for Bella. It was like he was a recovering addict and Bella was his brand of heroine (sp?).
Let me just say this clear, from living life and experiencing things, love is not an addiction. Love is a genuine caring for someone that involves wanting the absolute best for them, even if it doesn't involve yourself. This can apply to all kinds of love, not just romantic kind. Love of a family member, love of a friend, even the way God loves us. God's love to us is the most incredible expression of true love ever. He loves us, even if we don't love Him back. Jesus went through all that pain and torment knowing full well that there would be some people out there who would never receive His love. He did it anyway, because He loves us. In the bible Jesus mentioned that the greatest expression of love is when one gives his/her life for his/her friends.

Believing this, and seeing how popular the books are sickens me to my stomach. Why is it that a bad fanfiction is getting all the praise and love, while good books that express true love are getting thrown away? It makes me sad, but it also makes me determined. I plan on expressing true love in my stories. I want to reintroduce the world to REAL LOVE again, because in truth it has lost sight of it. This is something I feel really passionate about, and I'm determined to succeed. I don't care how many Twilight fangirls are screaming for fanservice, I don't care if they throw copies of my stuff down the trash, I'm not trying to appeal to them anyway. I'm following where I believe God is leading me, and that's the road of love, not fanservice.

Those are my thoughts on the subject. I apologize if I sound a bit....extreme. ^^]
*agrees totally*
TGJesusfreak

Location: USA... Earth... the milky way galaxy... the universe...

Postby TopazRaven » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:43 am

Looks like I'm the only Twilight fan in here huh? *Holds up sheild*. Even I as a fan relize the books many flaws though. The writing style isn't the best to begin with and I also found the whole, 'I watch you sleep' thing a bit creepy. And dude...vampires should NEVER sparkle. I'm not so crazy that I think they are the best books on Earth, I enjoyed Harry Potter and Narnia far more, but I like them none the less. I've always been drawn to werewolves, so that might be part of it. I thought the movies did an awesome job on the wolves.
TopazRaven

Postby rocklobster » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:56 am

Well, don't feel too bad. We all have our tastes we don't agree on. It takes all kinds to make a world, my friend. We still accept you. At least I do. Heck, I enjoy Care Bears.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:14 pm

ich1990 (post: 1441603) wrote:

This, so effing much.

Furthermore-- and I apologize if anyone is offended by this --the writing style was so horrible that I couldn't make it past the first couple of chapters. It reads like fanfiction written by a 13-year-old. And before anyone tries to bring the "YOU HAVEN'T READ THE BOOKS" hammer down upon me, I have read plot synopses of the entire saga and that is enough for me to know that it sucks like a Hoover. Like the cold vacuum of space. Like...well, you get the picture.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Beau Soir » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:19 pm

TopazRaven (post: 1441693) wrote:Looks like I'm the only Twilight fan in here huh? *Holds up sheild*. Even I as a fan relize the books many flaws though. The writing style isn't the best to begin with and I also found the whole, 'I watch you sleep' thing a bit creepy. And dude...vampires should NEVER sparkle. I'm not so crazy that I think they are the best books on Earth, I enjoyed Harry Potter and Narnia far more, but I like them none the less. I've always been drawn to werewolves, so that might be part of it. I thought the movies did an awesome job on the wolves.
Aw, don't worry. It's Twilight that I dislike in all its atrocity, not you.

I still watch it with my mom because she likes it and it's something I can do with her, but hey, Rock's perfectly right. We still accept you. :D

ShiroiHikari (post: 1441701) wrote:Furthermore-- and I apologize if anyone is offended by this --the writing style was so horrible that I couldn't make it past the first couple of chapters. It reads like fanfiction written by a 13-year-old.
Yes. I tried reading Twilight once, but I didn't get past the first few pages...

Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.
--James Arthur Baldwin

Charm is deceptive, beauty is fleeting,
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

(Proverbs 31:30)

Beau Soir

Next

Return to General