Fellow Illustrators, I Regret to Inform You that We Are All Out of Work.

Talk about anything in here.

Fellow Illustrators, I Regret to Inform You that We Are All Out of Work.

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:46 am

This three year-old is going to steal all of our jobs. XDD

Seriously, this kid is amazing. XD And HE IS THREE YEARS OLD. When I was three years old, I was drawing circles that had sticks for arms and legs and faces that didn't really make sense. XD I never knew finger painting was such a fine art. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Koshka » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:52 am

I wonder how good they will look when he's twentyish?!
The user formerly known as Colonel Sanders

[color="Cyan"]"Be not wise in your own eyes, fear the LORD, turn away from evil. It will be healing to your flesh and refreshment to your bones." -Proverbs 3:7-8[/color]

My Deviant Art
Koshka

Postby Beau Soir » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:00 am

NO WAY/WHOA/WHAT THE-/I so wish that was my kid.

My mind, blown. Time to give up going to art college... XD

Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.
--James Arthur Baldwin

Charm is deceptive, beauty is fleeting,
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

(Proverbs 31:30)

Beau Soir

Postby Atria35 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:04 am

Was that real?! Oh, man!
Atria35

Postby ABlipinTime » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:48 am

If you're an artist, you're not going to loose your job. He uses his fingers... that is NOT the same as using a pencil, pen, or paint brush. And you'd have the advantage of being older and more skilled already.

Still, I have to wonder if the kid picked up that skill naturally or if the parents taught him, and how much. Either way, he's very gifted.

Thanks for sharing the video.
- God is always with us, especially when we feel most alone.
http://ablipintime.deviantart.com/
Htom Sirveaux (post: 1435089) - "We should all start speaking telepathically."
Midori (post: 1457302) "Sometimes, if I try hard, I can speak in English."
(post: 1481465) "Overthinking is an art."
Goldenspines - "Fighting the bad guys and rescuing princesses from trolls and all that. "
ABlipinTime

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:50 am

ABlipinTime (post: 1441034) wrote:If you're an artist, you're not going to loose your job. He uses his fingers... that is NOT the same as using a pencil, pen, or paint brush. And you'd have the advantage of being older and more skilled already.

Still, I have to wonder if the kid picked up that skill naturally or if the parents taught him, and how much. Either way, he's very gifted.

Thanks for sharing the video.

Yeah, I was totally joking with my opening line and title. XD I'm just saying he has an extremely good understanding of color, values, shape, light sources, etc. at a SUPER young age. XD If I thought I'd be out of work because there are other artists that are better than me, I wouldn't be majoring in illustration to begin with! XD
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Tsukuyomi » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:28 pm

Pretty nice XD
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Dante » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:18 pm

He's good. Got me beat. Perfect understanding of dot-size composition, colors... he's got a rather interesting gift. I would be curious to see how this turns out for him in the future.
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Nate » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:43 pm

You think that's bad? That's nowhere near as amazing as this cat playing the keyboard! I mean when a cat is that good at playing the keyboard it's pretty much pointless for any human to try.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:34 pm

Nate (post: 1441053) wrote:You think that's bad? That's nowhere near as amazing as this cat playing the keyboard! I mean when a cat is that good at playing the keyboard it's pretty much pointless for any human to try.

Radical Dreamer

Postby Nate » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:13 pm

I figured one fake video deserved another. :p

Nate

Postby armeck » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:43 pm

Radical Dreamer (post: 1441065) wrote:Image

i love that picture
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby Lynna » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:51 pm

GENIEOUS!!!
although, It seems there's depate as to weather it's real or not
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby ABlipinTime » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:57 pm

Radical Dreamer (post: 1441035) wrote:Yeah, I was totally joking with my opening line and title. XD I'm just saying he has an extremely good understanding of color, values, shape, light sources, etc. at a SUPER young age. XD If I thought I'd be out of work because there are other artists that are better than me, I wouldn't be majoring in illustration to begin with! XD

You're in illustration? Cool. Is any of your stuff posted online?
- God is always with us, especially when we feel most alone.
http://ablipintime.deviantart.com/
Htom Sirveaux (post: 1435089) - "We should all start speaking telepathically."
Midori (post: 1457302) "Sometimes, if I try hard, I can speak in English."
(post: 1481465) "Overthinking is an art."
Goldenspines - "Fighting the bad guys and rescuing princesses from trolls and all that. "
ABlipinTime

Postby Ella Edric » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:10 pm

O.O!! woooooooooooooooooooooooooow..... Im in shock man.... I feel so belittled..... XD

Radical Dreamer (post: 1441065) wrote:Image

Rad, where the heck do you get these pics? XD
[color="LightBlue"]"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." --Thomas Jefferson [/color]
[font="Arial Black"][color="Pink"]~Proud member(and starter), of the sisterhood of CAA.~ [/color][/font]
[color="YellowGreen"]Furen: Without you Canada would be feeling bad. we'd all be depressed [/color]
CognitiveGear 07:08 - I hear that Jesus is a pretty rad dude who teaches us to love everyone.
[color="Silver"]Midknight74012 09:04 - Minds are like parachutes. Just because you lost yours, doesn't mean you can borrow mine[/color]
[color="Red"]@)}~`,~[/color] [color="SeaGreen"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]
[color="RoyalBlue"]This is MOES[/color]:dance:
Ella Edric

Postby Nate » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:14 pm

Lynna wrote:although, It seems there's depate as to weather it's real or not

Wait, there's debate about it? I thought everyone knew it was fake. o.O I didn't think anyone could actually think this was real. That'd be like watching the cat playing the keyboard video I posted and thinking that was real too (which is why I posted it, by the way).

I mean come on, that's obviously not his hand in the segments where the kid is supposedly painting, and at the end when the kid picks up the picture it's all glossy. Anyone who knows anything about art at all would know a finger painting wouldn't come out glossy when it was finished.

And did you see the link at the end of the video? http://www.turtlekid.com That's an advertisement for the TMNT: Fast Forward cartoon.

It was a viral marketing ad. How did anyone think this was seriously real?

EDIT: Look at the other videos on the user's channel. They're all viral marketing ads. There's one where a cat crashes an "interview" on the news and there's a link to some game for girls. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-9RTQDiMwk

Nate

Postby goldenspines » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:25 pm

But, that cat was totally playing the keyboard, guys. O:

Oddly enough, sometimes finger painting is done on glossy paper, but since the "paint" was glossy as well in this video, yeah, it's probably fake. Our line of work is not failing yet, Corrie. XD;
Cool painting style though. I need to try that out sometime.

For the record, I tended towards more abstract art at 3 years old. ;) Scribbles ftw.
goldenspines

Postby Furen » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:32 pm

Wow, ummm so now I'm not sure what to think, I mean if it's true for the kid great, but who knows...
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby ShiroiHikari » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:32 pm

...Meh.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Nekomimi » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:28 pm

That was freakn cool! Wish I had the patience to fingerpaint like that ;D
Nekomimi

Postby Fish and Chips » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:35 am

Posting to let Nate know someone occasionally reads his posts.
Fish and Chips

Postby ich1990 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:30 am

Here I was coming to crash the party by pointing out that we never actually see the kid painting, only a disembodied hand, and when I got here the party was already crashed.

Oh well, maybe I guess my cynical skepticism will have to get its exercise at a later time.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Return to General