Thankful?

Talk about anything in here.

Postby fermy6 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:11 pm

Well we dint really celebrate thanksgiving in South Africa...but I'm thankful that I'm in a country where I can live for Christ without fearing for my life...I'm thankful for what Christ did on the cross and for living in me...I'm also thankful that God has a better life for us after this one...I'm also thatnkful for my friends, family and my gift of evangelism
If someone said 3 years from now
You'd be long gone
Id get up and punch their mouth
Cuz they're all wrong
I know better
Cuz you said forever
And ever
Who knew?
fermy6

Postby Sheenar » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:15 pm

As angry and frustrated as my circumstances make me at times, I am thankful for them. I am thankful that God is not content to leave me as I am, but continues to stretch me and make changes in my heart.

I am thankful for the glimpses of hope that God brings in the midst of hard times--the word of encouragement, unexpected card from a friend, getting to do something fun, etc.

I am thankful that I have a safe place to stay and am not living in my car. :)

I am also thankful for puns, puppies/kitties and candy. :D
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Okami » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:22 pm

It's really difficult for me to say it, but I am thankful for this life....and that I lost my fight only to gain so much more.
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby CrystalChalice » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:39 am

I am thankful for the many opportunities that God has given me this year. I am also thankful for the many friends I have made here in CAA and in real life.
Whatever the season in life, the RIGHT attitude makes all the difference.

"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth."
Psalm 121:1-2

"Though our paths may have diverged, you must continue to live out your life with all your might; you must never consider your own life to be something insignificant, and you must never forget about the friends whom you loved for as long as you live."
The Third Rule of Fairy Tail

"Mistakes are not shackles that halt one from stepping forward. Rather, they are that which sustain and grow one's heart.
Mavis Vermilion, Fairy Tail

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.
Avatar Aang, The Legend of Korra
CrystalChalice

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:02 pm

CrystalChalice (post: 1438955) wrote:I am also thankful for the many friends I have made here in CAA and in real life.

This. :)
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Furen » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:50 pm

I'm thankful that this is a safe community with strong believers and fun people

I"m also thankful that Americans get to feast tomorrow.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:50 pm

I am thankful for the cold front that's going to come through tonight.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Davidizer13 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:08 pm

I'm thankful that I only have 7 more months of college until graduation, that I've had the intelligence to get this far, and that I can do something in environmental science, a field I've wanted to be a part of for years.

I'm also thankful for good health, a job (as minimal as it is), for having a family that supports me and who get along very well with each other, and for living in a country where I can not only be a Christian, but also be able to follow Christ in the way I see fit.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby SailorDove » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:18 pm

Thankful that whether Life is hard, cruel or crazy, God is always good.
Naruto Fanfic: Kokoro of Konoha by Sailor Dove

What is the power of the weak and the weakness of power?

What would the butterfly effects be with an OC with no chakra or ninja inclinations but a coveted special sensing ability? But that's not her only closely guarded secret. Psst, don't tell the hyper blond boy she hates ramen.
SailorDove

Postby Sammy Boy » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:36 am

Although we don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Australia, I am thankful for the following:

- Forgiveness of sins and life through Christ and being able to experience Him daily
- Being alive
- Wife, parents, and in-laws being healthy and alive
- Having a steady job and making enough to pay our bills and mortgage repayments
Sammy Boy

Postby Furen » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:34 pm

I'm thankful for all the lovely American friends that we have here are getting a nice break from some stress to have holiday stress (the more fun one) and get to have a fun time with people they love! And for those that have loved ones far away, I am thankful they have people here that love them dearly!
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby ST. Attidude » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:54 pm

Well, the latest post on my art blog certainly explains what I'm thankful for...
http://spencerthart.blogspot.com/2010/11/my-sister-great-blessing.html
ST. Attidude

Previous

Return to General