something disturbing about dragon ball z

Talk about anything in here.

something disturbing about dragon ball z

Postby fermy6 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:07 am

I found out that I'm the japanese version that Hercules real name was in fact Mr Satan...I also saw a pic of Gohan and Videl driving Hercules car and it had Mr Satan and 666 written on it...and apparently Videls name has the exact same letters as devil in it..
If someone said 3 years from now
You'd be long gone
Id get up and punch their mouth
Cuz they're all wrong
I know better
Cuz you said forever
And ever
Who knew?
fermy6

Postby Atria35 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:20 am

fermy6 (post: 1437768) wrote:\...and apparently Videls name has the exact same letters as devil in it..

That doesn't necessarily mean anything- I mean, DeVille from 101 Dalmations had play on the word 'devil' (used to emphasize her evilness, of course), but with only 26 letters in the alphabet, someone somewhere has the letters for 'devil' mixed up in their name.

The Mr. Devil name was stripped from the US version of Dragonball so that people wouldn't be offended, but the author did say in an interview that Mr. Satan was the character's stage name and his real name was Mark.
Atria35

Postby Fish and Chips » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:23 am

fermy6 (post: 1437768) wrote:I found out that I'm the japanese version that Hercules real name was in fact Mr Satan.
That would be incorrect.

It's his stage name.
fermy6 (post: 1437768) wrote:...and apparently Videls name has the exact same letters as devil in it..
On a tangential note, "Live" backwards is "Evil."
Fish and Chips

Postby fermy6 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:29 am

But what about the whole 666 thing on his car why would that be there?I saw the picture on google myself
If someone said 3 years from now
You'd be long gone
Id get up and punch their mouth
Cuz they're all wrong
I know better
Cuz you said forever
And ever
Who knew?
fermy6

Postby Lilac#18 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:00 am

Atria35 (post: 1437769) wrote:The Mr. Devil name was stripped from the US version of Dragonball so that people wouldn't be offended, but the author did say in an interview that Mr. Satan was the character's stage name and his real name was Mark.

[color="Plum"]I didn't know his real name was Mark.:o Thanks for posting that.[/color]
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby Rusty Claymore » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:09 am

But what about the whole 666 thing on his car why would that be there?I saw the picture on google myself
There are tons of people who think being bad is cool. 666 is the mark of the beast, and just like dare devil's use pentograms and skeletons as their emblems, his guy )I'm assuming) uses it just as a "I'm Bad-butt" emblem.
Also throw in the Japanese veiw of Christianity, much like our veiw on their culture and religeons(?), and it's just some "Cool Bad Guy" gimmick.
Imho. That's never watched DBz...
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Sparx00 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:15 am

There's actually a lot of weird stuff about DBZ. Vegeta = Vegetable, Kakarot (Goku's old name,) = Carrot, Nearly everybody in Bulma's family is named after some kind of article of clothing, The word Ginyu (as in the ginyu force,) is VERY close to the japanese word for "milk" Plus all the other people's names in the force sounds like some kind of food. So the Ginyu force becomes the dairy force. Then there's Freeza, his brother Cooler, and their dad King cold. I believe that explains itself. And then there's majin buu. Bibidi who is babidi's father and the guy who created buu, Babidi who controled buu, and Buu himself. Put them all together and what do you get? That's right, Bibidi babidi buu.

(On a side note, please excuse my poor spelling of the character's names if I spelled them wrong.)
You wish you could shred like me.
Sparx00

Postby Fish and Chips » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:15 am

fermy6 (post: 1437779) wrote:But what about the whole 666 thing on his car why would that be there?I saw the picture on google myself
I take it you don't keep up much with the wrestling scene.

It's his stage persona. It's all showmanship, in and outside of the ring. He's Mr. Satan, of course his car says 666. It's his shtick.

Besides the point, this is Japan here. They are notorious for this stuff.
Fish and Chips

Postby shooraijin » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:25 pm

I think the best way is to turn it on its head. American movies and cinema make much about Buddhist and Shinto practices which are totally stereotyped and ridiculous to actual practitioners of Buddhism and Shinto due to relative ignorance about them. The same applies here.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Peanut » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:50 pm

shooraijin (post: 1437972) wrote:I think the best way is to turn it on its head. American movies and cinema make much about Buddhist and Shinto practices which are totally stereotyped and ridiculous to actual practitioners of Buddhism and Shinto due to relative ignorance about them. The same applies here.

This.

Also, from my standpoint, I just wonder why Hercule has the gematriatic value for Nero on his car.
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:16 pm

No, Nero was 616, not 666.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Peanut » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:31 am

Warrior 4 Jesus (post: 1438027) wrote:No, Nero was 616, not 666.

The value in the text itself is debatable but, Nero's name can still be attributed to each value. Then again, Freakazoid and, apparently, fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff can be transliterated into Hebrew in a way that leads to the number 666 as well...so maybe that's what Revelation is talking about...unless the real number of the beast was 616...

Peanut

Postby K. Ayato » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:46 am

Regardless, as Believers, the number 666 (as of now) doesn't really apply to us and is no cause for us to freak out upon seeing it. For those who don't believe, 666 spells trouble in the future. I know some people here may not agree, so feel free to take it to PM.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby ShiroiHikari » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:44 am

I personally don't even think Revelation is meant to be taken literally in the first place but that's just me and that's all I'm going to say about it.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Peanut » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:46 pm

ShiroiHikari (post: 1438089) wrote:I personally don't even think Revelation is meant to be taken literally in the first place but that's just me and that's all I'm going to say about it.

Well, technically, I think we all can agree with this one. Unless people really think we're going to be following a literal beast and worshiping a literal dragon...yeah I doubt that.

Peanut

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:48 pm

A dragon is gonna pop out of a woman's uterus!!!!
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Psycho Molos » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:59 pm

Like woah dude!! That's hardcore!! Like the boobytraps from the latest Saw movie!
[color="Cyan"]Oh MOES! It's Czadek peddling the Black Pill for the Merv! Dark Evolution[/color]

Ich hasst Mein lieben.....
Psycho Molos

Postby Atria35 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:02 pm

Mr. SmartyPants (post: 1438183) wrote:A dragon is gonna pop out of a woman's uterus!!!!

I've seen a horror movie like that......
Atria35

Postby Sparx00 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:13 pm

Mr. SmartyPants wrote:A dragon is gonna pop out of a woman's uterus!!!!

*facepalm*

Quote of the week right there...
You wish you could shred like me.
Sparx00

Postby Fish and Chips » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:59 am

Peanut (post: 1438105) wrote:Well, technically, I think we all can agree with this one. Unless people really think we're going to be following a literal beast and worshiping a literal dragon...yeah I doubt that.
666 IS A CREDIT CONGLOMERATE.

THE DRAGON IS THE EUROPEAN UNION.

THE LOCUSTS ARE BLACK APACHE HELICOPTERS.

SCOTT SEDGEWICK IS THE ANTICHRIST.
Fish and Chips

Postby Nate » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:01 pm

You forgot "Social Security numbers are the mark of the beast!"

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Peanut » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:02 pm

As well as those chips they put in pets so their records are on them all the time.

Peanut

Return to General