[Mature] Views On Sexuality

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Furen » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:01 pm

So Nate, you are saying that CLEAR scripture from God is a touchy subject?
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Warrior4Christ » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:31 am

Furen (post: 1436637) wrote:So Nate, you are saying that CLEAR scripture from God is a touchy subject?

Being born from non-ideal circumstances doesn't make you any less precious to God or anything, or make the circumstances less sinful.

For instance, no one would disagree that rape is sinful. If that results in a child being born, they are still extremely precious to God... even if it is somewhat discouraging to hear that they weren't really "meant to be" (bringing good out of a bad situation and all that).
Everywhere like such as, and MOES.

"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God." - William Carey
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Postby TopazRaven » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:27 am

Warrior4Christ (post: 1436653) wrote:Being born from non-ideal circumstances doesn't make you any less precious to God or anything, or make the circumstances less sinful.

For instance, no one would disagree that rape is sinful. If that results in a child being born, they are still extremely precious to God... even if it is somewhat discouraging to hear that they weren't really "meant to be" (bringing good out of a bad situation and all that).

I'm born from my father's second marriage, so I would hope I was meant to be born. I think it's unfair to say anyone was not really "meant to be". Everyone is born for a reason.
TopazRaven

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:26 am

I was talking at work with this nurse who's a thirty-something, trendy, single mother. She said something related to sex and I responded, "Er, well . . . I wouldn't really know." She looked at me, puzzled, and asked if I was a virgin. I sheepishly said yes (I was sure she'd laugh at me, though I'd let it slide coming from her) and to my surprise she grinned said "That's w'sup!"

Topaz wrote:I'm born from my father's second marriage, so I would hope I was meant to be born. I think it's unfair to say anyone was not really "meant to be". Everyone is born for a reason.

I agree with that. Let's call it "unplanned". I myself was an unplanned pregnancy. But one really can't call any pregnancy an "accident" or "not meant to be". Ask the sperm cell whether its fertillizing the egg cell was an accident. Of course not. It's just doing its job.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby K. Ayato » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:05 am

I think bkilbour hit the nail square on the head. Whether within the context of marriage or not, majority (I know there are always exceptions) will agree that bottom line, sex feels good.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby Nate » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:22 am

Furen wrote:So Nate, you are saying that CLEAR scripture from God is a touchy subject?

There's a lot of "clear" scripture that isn't clear at all. Also remember Jesus liked to go really extreme with a lot of His teachings. For example, "Anyone who hates his brother is guilty of murder." Now obviously hating someone isn't the same as taking someone's life, but Jesus was trying to say "Look guys, hating people is bad, okay, it's as bad as murdering them."

Likewise with one of His other famous speeches in Mark 9. You know the whole "If your eye causes you to stumble then pluck it out." I don't think anyone here has gouged their eyes out or cut off their hands, have they? But that's "clear" scripture from God that says we should. But we don't. Why? Because Jesus was being extreme to make a point. He was saying "Guys, sin is so bad you should be willing to mutilate yourself rather than sin." He wasn't really advocating hacking our own limbs off.

So that's also how I view the verses about "If you marry someone else after you divorce you're an adulterer" or "If you hate someone you're a murderer." Jesus is just trying to show how bad divorce and hatred are.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:01 pm

I was born out of wedlock. I knew there was a reason why I've always felt like I shouldn't exist!
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Nate » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:58 pm

And the following comic is a very good explanation of why I don't think I'll ever amount to much of anything in life.

Nate

Postby TopazRaven » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:30 pm

LOL! You and those dino comics. xD
TopazRaven

Postby Nate » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:31 pm

It's not my fault that T-Rex is pretty much me in every way (especially concerning the level of his awesomeness).

Nate

Postby TopazRaven » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:48 pm

T-Rex is very awesome indeed. xD I think I kind of agree with him to. *Shame*. May God have mercy on me with the way I am. :lol: I mean that though. 0.o
TopazRaven

Postby Yamamaya » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:48 pm

I feel like posting verses of Song of Solomon BECAUSE I CAN.

Your breasts are like two fawns,
like twin fawns of a gazelle
that browse among the lilies.

Even the Bible doesn't consider sex a taboo topic.:thumb:

Also, God used several people who were born out of sinful situations. Jesus came from a long family line of sin, rape, and prostituion. There's no verse in the Bible that suggests that people who are born out of wedlock or adultery were never meant to be.
Yamamaya

Postby Mithrandir » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:17 pm

Yamamaya (post: 1436788) wrote:Even the Bible doesn't consider sex a taboo topic.:thumb:

This is getting dangerously close to that literal vs non-literal line.

Mod post to remind everyone that's not really an appropriate topic for this conversation.
Mithrandir

Postby TopazRaven » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:21 pm

Ok, sorry! We will all try to be more respectful from now onwards I'm sure.
TopazRaven

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:54 pm

@Yamamaya: Every time I read something from Song of Solomon, my mind automatically reads it in a Barry White voice. And ends it with "Ohh, baby."
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Yamamaya » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:02 pm

Htom Sirveaux (post: 1436830) wrote:@Yamamaya: Every time I read something from Song of Solomon, my mind automatically reads it in a Barry White voice. And ends it with "Ohh, baby."

That's what makes the Song of Solomon so awesome.:thumb:
Yamamaya

Postby Mithrandir » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:36 pm

Hi everyone,

After some discussion in a recent staff meeting, we've decided this thread has sufficiently answered the original question. Given the high flammability as well as high visibility of this thread (think: troll waves), we're going to close it now.

To be clear: no one did anything wrong - we're just making sure a) it stays that way, and b) future targeting is limited.

Thank you for understanding!

- CAA Mod Staff
Mithrandir

Previous

Return to General