Irrational Fears

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Atria35 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:19 am

Fish. Live fish, to be specific. I'm terrified of them. I'm a little better than I used to be since I had to take care of my friend's fish while she was away, but get me near a big one and.... Ergh.
Atria35

Postby knightlee » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:42 am

Sharks. In the shower. If the water goes cold and I happen to be closing my eye, I freak out, because I can actually "see" the sharks coming at me.

...No, I have never seen Jaws.
A writer is someone who can make a riddle out of an answer. ~Karl Kraus
Find me @ MAL.net (olivecrayola)
knightlee

Postby Sheenar » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:40 am

I have a friend who was extremely terrified of cardboard. Yes, cardboard. She would freak out if we were cutting cardboard boxes to make signs or even if we brought a box into the student ministry building.

I don't get it to this day. But we humored her and didn't do the above when she was around.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Edward » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:05 pm

Dogs, assassins, public speaking and being in large groups of people in general.
[thread=43825]MOES[/thread] One sig to rule them all. One sig to find them. One sig to bring them all, and in 250 px or less bind them. In the land of Mordor, where the sigs do not scroll.

Real men don't sparkle, real men defeat dark wizards.

"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."

chatbot 07:24 - Edward asks, do you ever give relevant answers chatty?
My answer: No
Edward

Postby KimHyorin » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:46 pm

i'm really scared of dolls, because i saw a movie years ago about dolls killing people in their sleep so that really freaked me out and i never forgot it...... O_O
[SIZE="7"][color="Red"]~김효린[/color][/SIZE]
KimHyorin

Postby Tamachan319 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:54 pm

For some reason, I have a fear of chickens.

Yeah.

They seriously creep me out!!
Really irrational, right?
[font="Comic Sans MS"]"You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me."
-C. S. Lewis[/font]
"MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll."
According to EllaEdric, my real name is.... "TAMAMAMAMAAMMAAM".

[font="Courier New"]
I love my flute![/font]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tamachan319

Location: Someplace, somewhere. I'm specific about these things, you see.

Postby steenajack » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:58 pm

I'm afraid of the dark and being alone in it. I'm quite a grown girl, yet I still have childish fears of "scary monsters" coming up from the corners. I also don't like being alone in the house, cause when I'm in my room the "house noises" always sound like there is someone creeping upstairs. It scared me so bad at a couple points that I actually called my mom via my cell-phone, locked my bedroom door, and had to be coaxed out of my room via phone-chat. DX! Now, my family and I laugh at this. XD!.....I'm still scared of the dark though. And spiders. Definitely spiders.
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Postby KimHyorin » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:24 pm

i'm kinda scared of the dark but i enjoy being at home alone. why are you scared of spiders though? lots of people are scared of them so i'm just wondering.....
KimHyorin

Postby Atria35 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:47 pm

KimHyorin (post: 1436234) wrote:i'm kinda scared of the dark but i enjoy being at home alone. why are you scared of spiders though? lots of people are scared of them so i'm just wondering.....

They're small and carnivorous and potentially deadly. Which means you might have a people-killing thing in your room at this moment and not know it.
Atria35

Postby samurai10 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:46 pm

*is not scared of spiders and thinks they're cool* XD

i'm scared to walk around my house at night. like, my imagination just goes berserk with all the shadows. one time, a bucket freaked me out of my mind 'cause i thought it was a cat, and it wasn't moving, and i almost had a heart attack, and then i realized...."Oh wait, that's only a bucket. PHEW!" XD

i'm scared of bees. i will run, and i will scream if i see a bee. i'm kinda scared to go across a lawn in broad daylight that has a lot of flowers, cause i'm scared that a bee will hate me for that and sting me. i'm horribly afraid of bees, and more so of wasps.
samurai10

Location: You're crazy if you think I'll tell you where I live.

Postby Atria35 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:07 pm

Just realized a new one: I'm afraid to go to the laundromat. I will wait until the last reasonable amount of time until I have to go, because I am afraid of people being in the same room as I wash my clothes and I freak out over the idea that I might not have enough change to wash and dry everything.
Atria35

Postby Rusty Claymore » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:18 pm

Tamachan319 (post: 1436225) wrote:For some reason, I have a fear of chickens.

Yeah.

They seriously creep me out!!
Really irrational, right?

Chickens Eat their wounded. I vote rational fear. XD
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby KimHyorin » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:11 pm

another thing i'm scared of are people who talk WAY too much and won't let you go and keep talking and talking for hours.
KimHyorin

Previous

Return to General