The catch up thread

Talk about anything in here.

The catch up thread

Postby Yahshua » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:28 pm

The purpose of this thread is for all CAA members to post the major event in life or can be minor event too. So those of us who don't frequent the board can catch up with all the members.
Yahshua

Postby FadedOne » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:12 pm

I live. ^_^
Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty.
~~~~~~
At the heart of mature [color=DarkOrchid]femininity
is a freeing disposition to affirm, receive and nuture strength and leadership from worthy men in ways appropriate to a woman's differing relationships.

At the heart of mature masculinity is a sense of benevolent responsibility to lead, provide for and protect women in ways appropriate to a man's differing relationships.[/color]

~~~~
Disclaimer: The comments of Lara, both on forum and chat, are random, unusual, and often sarcastic. Read with a pillar of salt. Thanks. :thumb:
FadedOne

Postby Atria35 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:31 pm

lolz. I had an internship with a political candidate this year. Nov. 2nd rolled around, he lost. I don't have an internship.

But I do have time to go to anime club and actually meet people my own age, now!
Atria35

Postby Asuka Neko » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:01 pm

I'm writing a novel this month! And I'm sure a lot of other people are too. It's National Novel Writing Month, after all. Also, my manga is getting published! Woot!
~My Website~
[color="Cyan"]"Have you ever gotten the urge to do something crazy... and AWESOME!?" -Demyx[/color]
Asuka Neko

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:15 pm

Asuka Neko (post: 1435760) wrote:I'm writing a novel this month! And I'm sure a lot of other people are too. It's National Novel Writing Month, after all. Also, my manga is getting published! Woot!

I'm doing this too, so I'm not quite as active on any of my forum sites as I used to be. XD
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby rocklobster » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:20 pm

I'm currently writing a novel myself (but not for Nanowrimo) I update it on my blog and also here. (I do it here first) I'm also currently out of work, thanks to our rotten economy. I am currently looking at Classic Doctor Who, and am now beginning the Tom Baker Era.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Kunoichi » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:26 pm

Hey Yahshua! Congratz on the publishing and novels :)

I'm not doing much in events. Just going to doctors, studying for a Networking exam and hopefully doing some writing.
I am on the forefront of battle against the demons of earth. All Praise and Glory be given to God Forever and Ever!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Kunoichi

Postby Lynna » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:57 pm

I'm writing a novel too, but not for NaNoWriMo (I don't have time for that) I'm learning Japanese (sloooooooooooooowlly) Working into my daily mountains of homework, And for the last 3 days I'm been rehearsing and performing for Our School District Honour Choir in the city..
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby Blacklight » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:26 pm

If this is how it works...

Just like everyone else seems to be doing, I'm working on my writing, though I've not quite started writing a novel officially. I'm getting more drawing done, but my camera is the second most painful piece of technology I've ever used.
Making a studded cuff out of tape and leftover studs from a belt.
This month my family and I are going on a trip across the country to celebrate Thanksgiving with friends.
[color="Blue"]@)[/color][color="Green"]}~`,~[/color]
[font="Book Antiqua"][color="DeepSkyBlue"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color][/font]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[color="Pink"]chatbot 03:36 - Blacklight asks, are you sane?
My answer: It's hard to say, really.[/color]
Blacklight

Postby armeck » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:56 pm

i'm still obsessed with owl city
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby musicaloddball » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:07 pm

I'm slogging through my first semester of university/music conservatory. I started a few months ago. My sister and my niece came for a visit 2 wks ago. Not much time for any other major events, really. :P
musicaloddball

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:13 pm

[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"][color="RoyalBlue"]Hmm...well, nothing big has happened in my life:

In June I took my very first trip to Houston, TX. Loved it, Loved it, LOVED IT!!!

Umm...after that, the year kinda ebbed off...that was the highpoint so far. I did buy a DVD burner for my netbook. Does that count as news?

Oh! I forgot! I went to my first anime convention in September! It was so cool! I met Scott McNeil, and he was awesome! Yep, that's about it.[/color][/SIZE][/font]
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby CrystalChalice » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:08 am

Well, I went to my second anime convention last Saturday.
Whatever the season in life, the RIGHT attitude makes all the difference.

"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth."
Psalm 121:1-2

"Though our paths may have diverged, you must continue to live out your life with all your might; you must never consider your own life to be something insignificant, and you must never forget about the friends whom you loved for as long as you live."
The Third Rule of Fairy Tail

"Mistakes are not shackles that halt one from stepping forward. Rather, they are that which sustain and grow one's heart.
Mavis Vermilion, Fairy Tail

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.
Avatar Aang, The Legend of Korra
CrystalChalice

Postby That Dude » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:46 pm

Well, I just got a really neato camera and am hoping to start up some stuff with that, I've got some stuff like family pictures that I'm doing for coworkers...I'm also trying to start up a video/photography production company that would specialize in working with ministries, since my "hometown" here is pretty much ministry central for the states. Aside from that, I'm working with awanas at my church and doing some other stuff. That is all.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Okami » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:55 pm

Well, this weekend is what we call "FUSION" at my college. It's a Christian gathering of High School students to come and grow closer in their walk with the Lord (Although I must say, tonight's message of "Awake" and asking the question of 'Have you fallen asleep in your faith?' really got me questioning...I've definitely had my days, recently.) My favorite worship band is here for the weekend, and I just bought their two latest cds (A Christmas album and a worship album....O Come, O Come Emmanuel and Jesus Paid it All? I'm sold! XD) and I just got to hang out and talk with their merch guy for a while. He thought it was pretty cool to hear that I've been supporting them for going on six years now and own each of their cds from the time they first formed the band (As an indie band, they no longer sell those first couple of cds!)

Other than that, college, life, NaNoWriMo - my novel is only about 55% through its original manuscript. I think I've got this whole 50,000 words thing down. @___@ Ouch my fingers.

Oh, and one more week until freedom. I get to go home and see my best friend and chill for an entire week....thank and praise the Lord! Also, holy crap, it's ALMOST my birthday. :O Next week needs to be over, like now. XD
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby Rusty Claymore » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:37 am

I have fallen into the drab and relentless life of the salary man. Without the salary. And I'm not quite a man yet. But it has significantly reduced available time for CAAing.
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Roberts » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:23 am

Lots of writers here at CAA :thumbsup:. Would love to read people's work at some point.

Finally figured out why I've been having ongoing (like 6+ years kind of "ongoing") health issues. I can't pretend things are completely resolved but my health has begun to improve dramatically. So yeah, good stuff going foward.

Uh... Other than that, I'm putting some hefty effort (finally) into my indie video game making shenanigans. I've been hobbying it for years but I've been uh... skillfully avoiding the logical conclusion of persuing the thing with some actual zeal. I just keep coming back to it, you know? I feel like it is something I have to do.

And do it I shall.

And while doing it I will listen to classic video game soundtracks.

I shall draw doodles of the cast of Chrono Trigger in various forms of repose!

With eyebrow raised I shall analyse portions of errant code! I will make sweeping corrections with one hand, and imbibe caffeinated beverages with the other!

I... I...

So yeah, it'll be pretty good.
Roberts

Postby K. Ayato » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:15 am

Dan, you probably already got the news, but for those who didn't, I got married at the end of July and moved from West Coast to East Coast eith my hubby :).
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby Sheenar » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:29 am

I'm almost a year into my M.S. degree (graduated with B.S. in May of '09.) Still looking for a job. My first service dog retired in April, and I am currently training her successor with the help of a local trainer.

Just been busy with school, training and job/apartment hunting.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby bkilbour » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:38 pm

Getting redy for another little deployment here in a bit, but just got out of drydock. The Ohio, our pig is a little bit shinier.

Oh, and I've been thinking about giving Hydrahead Records a call, to see if I can't get Eulogist signed onto a record label - albeit a long ways away from bein able to actually tour and whatnot.
Hebrews 12
John 14
Matthew 6
Psalm 119
May God be glorified!
bkilbour

Postby Furen » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:42 pm

Got to go see lots of Christian bands within the last month, have had some reality checks, and have been trying to pray more with more sincerity.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Atria35 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:20 pm

Probably time to bump this-

I finished my finals (didn't do well), have a new internship (still unpaid), and one of my friends got PUBLISHED! I got my first-edition copy of her book today- I'm so proud of her!
Atria35

Postby Furen » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:11 pm

What's the book called? what's the Genre and all that typical FAQ's
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:31 pm

Currently I'm designing an indie videogame and reorganizing my life. Also, I'm back on CAA.
Azier the Swordsman

Postby Atria35 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:09 am

Furen (post: 1442702) wrote:What's the book called? what's the Genre and all that typical FAQ's

It's called Beyond the Dancing Flames (written by Sanzaki Kojika). The synopsis on the cover is

"In a world of magic, the land has fallen to chaos and war. At the head of the chaos ride the Dragon and Phoenix empires, mercilessly fighting over control of the land. The war has lasted far too long, but the end is near. The Dragon is about to stumble. In a desperate attempt to avoid their eminent defeat, they reach out to find a replacement for their heir, a young desert boy named Shima. While the Dragon is searching desperately, they enter an internal struggle for control of their empire and future. The Phoenix must try to put an end to this madness. But will the madness overcome them as well?"

Genre: Fantasy/Drama

Even though I technically ordered it through my friend, I actually found it on Amazon! o.O However, it's $30 on there (technicaly $27.95)- small publishing company and limited printing and whatnot. It's not hardback.

But I do feel the need to say this: She is my friend and I am for sure reading her book. However, I already know beforehand that she is very much into shounen-ai, and I believe that there will be some in here (not littering the pages, but definitely hints as the story goes along), alongside the violence.

It's also the first book in a trilogy. I think that she already has most of the second book written out and ready to be sent in to the publisher.
Atria35

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:09 pm

Atria35 (post: 1442670) wrote:Probably time to bump this-

I finished my finals (didn't do well), have a new internship (still unpaid), and one of my friends got PUBLISHED! I got my first-edition copy of her book today- I'm so proud of her!

Ah! That is AWESOME! Regardless of content, I'm happy for her! :D

...I have nothing else to add to this thread. I'll be going now. XD
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby CrystalChalice » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:28 am

Today, my class went to a military camp for a field trip and I learned how to disassemble and reassemble a M16 rifle. Also, my parents bought me my first camera. :)
Whatever the season in life, the RIGHT attitude makes all the difference.

"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth."
Psalm 121:1-2

"Though our paths may have diverged, you must continue to live out your life with all your might; you must never consider your own life to be something insignificant, and you must never forget about the friends whom you loved for as long as you live."
The Third Rule of Fairy Tail

"Mistakes are not shackles that halt one from stepping forward. Rather, they are that which sustain and grow one's heart.
Mavis Vermilion, Fairy Tail

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.
Avatar Aang, The Legend of Korra
CrystalChalice

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:10 pm

The first book I ever illustrated will be published in the next few weeks! \^o^/
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Ally-Ann » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:52 pm

Hmm. My cousin had a baby recently, so I have another baby cousin. I'm happy! :grin:
[color="Lime"]My Fictionpress account[/color]! http://www.fictionpress.com/u/740837/Ally-Ann

[color="Yellow"]My Fanfiction account[/color]! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2401061/ArmyAngel316

My nicknames! [color="Pink"]~*[/color][color="palegreen"]Ally[/color][color="pink"]*~[/color] [color="white"](>[/color][color="Cyan"]Mochi-chan[/color][color="White"]<)[/color]

I like mochi. ^^

I question my [color="DarkOrchid"]sanity[/color]. (._.)

Operation: Blackout
Ally-Ann

Postby Yahshua » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:08 am

PS I did not publish a Novel someone did it on the thread Kunoichi.
Yahshua

Next

Return to General