Watcha doin' for Halloween?

Talk about anything in here.

Postby steenajack » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:03 am

Carving Pumkins, going to Halloween party, cosplaying as Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind...which I am doing now, going to a NaNoWriMo meeting, hanging with my family, trick-or-treating....YAYS!
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Postby ShiroiHikari » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:04 am

Oh yeah, if I'm still up after midnight on Halloween (and I probably will be) I'm gonna start working on my NaNo project arghhhh
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Asuka Neko » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:19 pm

Ooh! I'm finishing writing a manga! Wait. That doesn't relate to Halloween. Other than that, I'm dressing up as a Mokona and my brother and I are carving a pumpkin with the tattoo in my icon on it.
~My Website~
[color="Cyan"]"Have you ever gotten the urge to do something crazy... and AWESOME!?" -Demyx[/color]
Asuka Neko

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:55 pm

Trick or Treat night's over. Best costume of the year (possibly best I've ever seen): A "Lemonade Stand". This little girl had a flat wooden board with a tablecloth in front of her, held by lengths of twine looped over her shoulders. It had a lemonade pitcher, cups and assorted snacks glued onto it, with a sign hanging off the front, saying "Lemonade 25¢". This is why, for all the pathetic, overused, uninspired costumes you see so often, Trick-or-Treat night is still worth doing.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:21 pm

Htom wrote:Trick or Treat night's over. Best costume of the year (possibly best I've ever seen): A "Lemonade Stand". This little girl had a flat wooden board with a tablecloth in front of her, held by lengths of twine looped over her shoulders. It had a lemonade pitcher, cups and assorted snacks glued onto it, with a sign hanging off the front, saying "Lemonade 25¢". This is why, for all the pathetic, overused, uninspired costumes you see so often, Trick-or-Treat night is still worth doing.
Today 06:19 PM

One of my brothers was a tornado years ago. XD

Anyway, I'll probably be doing nothing for Halloween, except chillin' like any other Sunday. We're way out in the sticks, so I've never gone trick-or-treating, only to a couple costume parties. XD

Maybe I'll watch Arsenic and Old Lace, if I can get the library's copy... And yes, I too will probably be on the computer a good portion of the day.
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Wolf-man » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:22 am

Well I will be watching (have been watching actually) horror movies all weekend then on Sunday night I will be watching The Walking Dead.
So it will be a very good weekend.
Wolf-man

Postby Isaac » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:13 pm

I like what I am reading. These are some awesome ideas! lol.
Meh, I've taken to closet goth as of late. :P Gonna dust off my old garb and go out to dinner with my family, then spend the rest of the night under the stars...
Isaac

Postby Sheenar » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:26 pm

Htom Sirveaux (post: 1433332) wrote:Seriously? We even mentioned te subject of bed-sheet ghost costumes and no one posted this yet? Rocks for all of you!

Poor, poor Charlie Brown...

One of my favorite cartoons this time of year. :)

For Halloween, I'll be helping with Trunk or Treat at the church I volunteer at. After that, I'm not sure. I may hang out with my friend and her husband. I was planning to dress as Daria this year, but ran out of time and money to buy what is needed. So I'll probably just wear my butterfly wings from when I went to Ren Fest. :D
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby bkilbour » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:47 pm

I'm on duty, so I'm working all day.
Scary, but not halloween scary.
Hebrews 12
John 14
Matthew 6
Psalm 119
May God be glorified!
bkilbour

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:08 pm

My church does a big, walk-through drama thinggie for the whole week of Halloween, so I'll keep doing that during the big night. But hey, at least I still get to dress up!
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby KimHyorin » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:48 pm

i'm not sure what i'm going to do yet if i'm gonna do anything at all for halloween. because sunday is usually a busy day with church and all...
[SIZE="7"][color="Red"]~김효린[/color][/SIZE]
KimHyorin

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:29 pm

I'm also dressing up as Nietzche!! Got a moustache, bow-tie, and everything!
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:12 pm

Blitzkrieg1701 wrote:My church does a big, walk-through drama thinggie for the whole week of Halloween, so I'll keep doing that during the big night. But hey, at least I still get to dress up!

You mean one of those Hell House things? I've actually always wanted to go to one.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:58 pm

I could say a few things about "hell houses" buuuuuuuut...I'll refrain. For now.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Midori » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:10 pm

I need to think of a good piece of creepy music to play outside during halloween to spook the trick-or-treaters. It has to be somewhat ambient, creepy, and not obnoxious to have running constantly for several hours.

Previous things we've had have been mostly video game music. Things like this and this and this.

Anybody have anything good like this?
Midori

Postby rocklobster » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:20 pm

Can't go wrong with "Night on Bald Mountain" or "Hall of the Mountain King".
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Midori » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:24 pm

rocklobster (post: 1434006) wrote:Can't go wrong with "Night on Bald Mountain" or "Hall of the Mountain King".

Those are too orchestral rather than ambient, and they're too famous. They don't match the mood of our decorations, which are a more alien sort of spooky rather than a scary monster sort of spooky.
Midori

Postby Cognitive Gear » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:59 pm

Midori (post: 1434004) wrote:I need to think of a good piece of creepy music to play outside during halloween to spook the trick-or-treaters. It has to be somewhat ambient, creepy, and not obnoxious to have running constantly for several hours.

Previous things we've had have been mostly video game music. Things like this and this and this.

Anybody have anything good like this?

I was going to reccomend Midnight Syndicate, but after listening to your samples I realized that they aren't as ambient as what you want.

So I found a couple from various sources:
Gethsemeane by Peter Gabriel
A Flock of Metal Creatures Fleeing the Onslaught of Rust by Robert Rich
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:12 pm

I went to a church play and will give a little candy to the few trick-or-treaters we might get this year. I live in a sort of suburban area, so we don't get all that many trick-or-treaters. I think there might have been some years when we didn't get any.
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby Nate » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:23 pm

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Midori » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:29 pm

Cognitive Gear (post: 1434010) wrote:I was going to reccomend Midnight Syndicate, but after listening to your samples I realized that they aren't as ambient as what you want.

So I found a couple from various sources:
Gethsemeane by Peter Gabriel
A Flock of Metal Creatures Fleeing the Onslaught of Rust by Robert Rich

Wow, those are amazing! I think I'm going to use that second one there. Thanks!

EDIT: Nate's suggestions are also great. I'm going to have to get my family to help decide.
Midori

Postby Peanut » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:52 pm

Mr. SmartyPants (post: 1433910) wrote:I'm also dressing up as Nietzche!! Got a moustache, bow-tie, and everything!

Did you buy Syphilis?
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:07 pm

I've used the Silent Hill OSTs for exactly this purpose in the past. I'd recommend the first two in particular.

Sample of SH1 (3 tracks)
SH2 Sample 1
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_1lU638EOs&feature=related[/url]SH2 Sample 2[/url]
SH2 Sample 3
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Yuki-Anne » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:14 pm

Mr. SmartyPants (post: 1433910) wrote:I'm also dressing up as Nietzche!! Got a moustache, bow-tie, and everything!

That IS a frightening costume.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Nate » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:20 pm

Peanut (post: 1434018) wrote:Did you buy Syphilis?

I have Gonorrhea!

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:27 pm

Those plush diseases remind me of this little fella:
Say hello to EneMan!
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:26 pm

Htom Sirveaux (post: 1433989) wrote:You mean one of those Hell House things? I've actually always wanted to go to one.

KIND of like that, except not (because, frankly, those can get pretty silly)
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby Atria35 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:52 am

Well, since it's the day after, what I did on Halloween was, since my friend ended up getting swamped with work and had Chruch all day on Halloween, I went to the library and rented two horror films, watched those (Ringu and Rasen), watched Scooby-Doo and Scooby-Doo 2, ate Halloween candy, and read some xxxHolic. Oh! And the people I intern for brought me a Pumpkin Spice Latte since I haven't been feeling well all week. All in all, a good day.
Atria35

Postby Sheenar » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:38 am

I helped with the church's Trunk or Treat (you decorate cars with differen themes, dress in costume and pass out candy.)
I was supposed to go see a movie with friends after that, but one friend got sick, so it was called off. So I went home, brushed out this grape-sized mat that I found on the underside of Handsome's ear (I brush him every day, but somehow missed it) --that took about 20 minutes.

Spent some time on the computer, made a sandwich and watched Disturbia --was my first time to see it and it was pretty good. Suspenseful movie, that's for sure.

Then I crashed.

So my Halloween was okay. I just lament the fact that I was out of Pumpkin Delights. That was just plain sad. :(
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:35 am

Sheenar wrote:So my Halloween was okay. I just lament the fact that I was out of Pumpkin Delights. That was just plain sad. :(

I never did find any Pumkin Delights. But then, on the rare occasions I set foot in a grocery store this month, I didn't really think to look. Perhaps it's not too late.

But my dad & I found some hard cider, which was pretty good. (For those of you doing a :eyebrow: right now, it's like 5% alcohol, so it's really not so bad at all).

Halloween party at my sister's church was fun. A few people were dressed up. We didn't really do much except sit and talk and eat and play with the little dog that one guy brought with him (and which, at one point, tried to do shameful things to someone's werewolf glove:wow!:). Also I didn't really know anyone there. I still had a good time, though.
Htom Sirveaux

Previous Next

Return to General