Tsunami hits Indonesia

Talk about anything in here.

Tsunami hits Indonesia

Postby Peanut » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:28 pm

PADANG, Indonesia – Rescuers battled rough seas Tuesday to reach remote Indonesian islands pounded by a 10-foot (three-meter) tsunami that swept away homes, killing at least 113 people. Scores more were missing and information was only beginning to trickle in from the sparsely populated surfing destination, so casualties were expected to rise.

With few able to get to the islands to help with searches, fisherman were left to find the dead and look for the living. Corpses were strewn about since there were not enough people to dig graves, according to the Mentawai district chief, Edison Salelo Baja. More than 4,000 people expected to spend the night without shelter because tents and other supplies had also not arrived.

The fault that ruptured Monday on Sumatra island's coast also caused the 2004 quake and monster Indian Ocean tsunami that killed 230,000 people in a dozen countries.

Link.

This is tragic, especially for a region that not to long ago endured something similar. I'm not sure if the islands affected by this one were hit in 2004, but even if they weren't just wow.
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby Atria35 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:37 pm

I know why they're so susceptable to these disasters.... it just seems horribly sad. I hope that casualties are minimum and that people can find their friends and family quickly.
Atria35

Postby Furen » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:53 pm

Again?!?
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Peanut » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:45 pm

Furen (post: 1433322) wrote:Again?!?

I know, and this isn't the only thing going on. There is a volcano erupting that is the cause for these earthquakes and already death tolls from that is up to 25 people.
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Return to General