Watcha doin' for Halloween?

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Ante Bellum » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:22 pm

That is an actual law? The age one? I know last year, a bunch of classmates (we were all sophomores) went trick or treating and were scolded by a man with a baby. Then again, he was a man with a baby.
Actually, I remembered, it's Sunday...normally I return to the dorm that evening, so maybe there's something then. I know there's a costume contest the week before, though. Either way, no free candy for me. :/
Ante Bellum

Postby KeybladeWarrior » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:13 pm

I will be studying for a Hispanic Literature test. The text and test are in Spanish of course.
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All
The CAA Moderators.

"YEAH TOAST! TOCAA!"
KeybladeWarrior

Postby shade of dae » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:26 pm

bigsleepj (post: 1432599) wrote:Deconstruct James Joyce. The horror. The horror.

That sounds like a truly terrifying Halloween. I'll probably be spending time that weekend working on my analysis of Heart of Darkness, so "The horror! The horror!" works for me too.

Not sure if I'll be going trick or treating with an exchange student I know or not. I normally don't go, but I might just to see her reaction to the holiday.
MAL

What call have I to dream of anything?
I am a wolf. Back to the world again,
And speech of fellow-brutes that once were men
Our throats can bark for slaughter: cannot sing.
-C.S. Lewis
shade of dae

Postby eternalprincess » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:08 am

World domination. Isn't that what ALL the kids are doing nowadays?

... XD

Nah, just chaperoning a bunch of trick-or-treaters.

@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
eternalprincess

Location: Texas: Sitting at the computer writing, and explaining anime to someone who found out I'm into it.

Postby Yuki-Anne » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:26 am

I don't know if there were laws where I went to college, but when at least ten of us college kids got together and went trick-or-treating, nobody had any problems.

I was a geisha last year. ^_^
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:30 am

[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"][color="RoyalBlue"]I'll be working as per usual. Not a celebrator of Halloween. HOWEVER, I will be grabbing up all the candy I can the day AFTER![/color][/SIZE][/font]
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:50 am

KhakiBlueSocks (post: 1432750) wrote:[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"][color="RoyalBlue"]I'll be working as per usual. Not a celebrator of Halloween. HOWEVER, I will be grabbing up all the candy I can the day AFTER![/color][/SIZE][/font]

Oh man, I forgot about that. There'll be some awesome sales at work.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Gelka » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:26 pm

I'll be trick or treating with my lil bro this year. =) I can't wait to get tons of candy....I mean, watch my bro get tons of candy. >.>
That Dude (post: 1385194) wrote:When God made Gelka, he decided to mix bubbles, rainbows, sharks, cupcakes, chocolate chips, puppies, kitties, and fun all into one bunch.

[color="Pink"]chatbot 01:50 - Wind asks, how does Gelka look Squished???
My answer: O.O[/color]
Gelka

Postby Lilac#18 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:57 pm

[color="Plum"]I don't know what I'll do, I'll probably stay at home and watch t.v. or something. I don't celebrate it, but hopfully I'll still get some candy.[/color]
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:52 pm

Nate wrote:The same thing I do every night.

Sit in my room on the computer.

I totally thought you were gonna say, ". . . Try to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!"

Yuki wrote:I don't know if there were laws where I went to college, but when at least ten of us college kids got together and went trick-or-treating, nobody had any problems.

When my sister was in college, she and her friends went trick-or-treating in a fancy-shmancy neighborhood where people gave out money instead of candy.

This year on Halloween night I will be with my sister and brother-in-law at a church cookout.
Edit: Due to certain unfortunate circumstances, tonight's trip to Field of Screams is off. I was really looking forward to it, too . . . Ehh, no sweat. I've been meaning to carve a pumpkin, perhaps I'll do that tonight. I've got an idea. Pics if I get it done.

Point of interest: At the library across from my house, there's a tuxedoed, life-size dummy with long grey hair and a top hat on its skull head. It's been scaring the crap out of small children for weeks now.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Jeikobu » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:14 pm

I don't celebrate Halloween. In fact, I strongly oppose it, and with good reason.

http://jeikobu.blogspot.com/2009/10/halloween-why-are-we-celebrating.html
"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; and the government will rest on His shoulders; and His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace." - Isaiah 9:6

[SIZE="3"]Please give and help Japan during this awful time![/SIZE]

Please visit my Photobucket and tell me what you think!
Jeikobu

Postby Atria35 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:50 pm

Jeikobu (post: 1433265) wrote:I don't celebrate Halloween. In fact, I strongly oppose it, and with good reason.

http://jeikobu.blogspot.com/2009/10/halloween-why-are-we-celebrating.html

I would like to point out that those "poisonings/kidnappings/animal sacrifice" things that your dad wrote about have been investigated and have been proven to be completely false. They are no more prevalent at Halloween than at any other time of the year. Also, many pagans have strong convictions that you never do things to purposely hurt either people or animals (and there are also many, many different denominations of pagans, for that matter), so you'd need to be specific which pagans you were referring to that did such things.

While I respect that you don't feel comfortable celebrating Halloween, perpetuating rumors that have no basis in reality is a terrible thing to do.
Atria35

Postby Roy Mustang » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:00 pm

I also like to point out that Halloween has meaning as a Christian holiday as well.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby Edward » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:05 pm

Edward (post: 1432525) wrote:My church thinks Halloween is un-Christian, so we have a hayride and outdoor cookout thing. I was thinking of going as the Red Death (the one from Poe's short story, not the Phantom of the Opera one) for my Boy Scout troop's Halloween party.

Because of procrastination, I ended up just going as a hobo by picking some clothes out of my dad's closet.
Edward

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:12 pm

(Edit: this comment is not directed at Edward, since he's pretty much on-topic.)

Er, let's just stop that train right here, shall we?

Now, then . . .
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Midori » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:24 pm

While theological dicussion is allowed currently, I'm not sure this is the thread for it. If you want to discuss it go ahead and make a new thread.
Midori

Postby mechana2015 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:49 pm

Probably some sort of game night or something. Might have some movies on too.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Nate » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:50 pm

Edward wrote:Because of procrastination, I ended up just going as a hobo by picking some clothes out of my dad's closet.

Your dad is a hobo?

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Strafe » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:19 pm

I might go chill at the Inner Harbor this year with some friends. Dunno. It would be hard to drag them out of their houses.
This is an original signature
Strafe

Postby Peanut » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:32 pm

I might play Eternal Darkness or something. I don't know really, maybe I'll end up writing out a paper on how various holiday's have pagan imagery that no longer means anything in them but people still, for some reason, freak out about it since I do occasionally go into personal ramblings about various issues that suddenly catch my interest. I'll cross that road when I get to it on Sunday and just go from there. Oh but I will sleep, that's for sure, I will have glorious, glorious sleep.
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:34 pm

Atria35 wrote:While I respect that you don't feel comfortable celebrating Halloween, perpetuating rumors that have no basis in reality is a terrible thing to do.

This.

So who carved pumpkins this year? Anyone?
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby ich1990 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:05 pm

Probably staying in doors, trying not to get killed in the third most violent city in America during one of the most violent nights of the year.

Nate (post: 1432703) wrote:Costume: white sheet, cut out eyeholes. GHOST!
Just be sure to say boo every once in a while so people don't get the wrong impression.

Nazi's? Ruined swastikas.
KKK? Ruined Halloween costumes.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby Kunoichi » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:08 pm

Going to visit my family and friends in Georgia. Going with my boyfriend, nephews, sis, bro-in-law, mom and mom's bf to Boo at the Zoo night. Can't wait! SO worth the 9 hour car ride :) :)
I am on the forefront of battle against the demons of earth. All Praise and Glory be given to God Forever and Ever!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Kunoichi

Postby Furen » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:30 pm

stay at home, likely chill here for a bit and hand out candy, play some board games with friends.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:45 pm

Seriously? We even mentioned te subject of bed-sheet ghost costumes and no one posted this yet? Rocks for all of you!
Htom Sirveaux

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:42 am

Our pumpkins, let me show you them. Unfortunately they got moldy really fast, so these pics were taken right before they went into the dumpster. ;_;

This was our first year carving. For mine, I chose the Rebel Alliance insignia.

My husband chose to do the Straw Hat Pirates' flag (I helped!):

So yeah. Next year, definitely gonna wait until a few days before Halloween to take sharp instruments to my giant orange squashes.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby goldenspines » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:55 pm

I approve of these pumpkins, Nette. ^o^

I'm probably going to a Halloween party that I was invited to by the foreign exchange students at my school. I think we might carve pumpkins or something too. XD;
That's on Saturday, though.

On Sunday the 31st, I'm going to spend my day doing lots and lots of homework. \-_-/
goldenspines

Postby Nekomimi » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:37 am

Wow, I didn't think this'd get that many replies! But at least I have some options on hand for next year ;-}
Nekomimi

Postby PrincessZelda » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:29 am

Well, I might be going to a party at my school on friday, depending on whether or not my friends are for sure going to it (None of them seem to be able to make up their minds if they are or not >:( )

Then on sunday, I'm going to a thing at my church. I might go trick or treating afterwards. As far as I know, there's no laws against it here ;;>_>
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."

PrincessZelda

Postby Fish and Chips » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:53 am

Sleeping.

Or playing the Amnesia demo I downloaded forever ago.

I cannot do both.
Fish and Chips

Previous Next

Return to General