What do you like most?

Talk about anything in here.

What do you like most?

Postby Ella Edric » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:42 pm

Ok, so here is the question, which one of these popular foods do YOU prefer? o.o?
[color="LightBlue"]"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." --Thomas Jefferson [/color]
[font="Arial Black"][color="Pink"]~Proud member(and starter), of the sisterhood of CAA.~ [/color][/font]
[color="YellowGreen"]Furen: Without you Canada would be feeling bad. we'd all be depressed [/color]
CognitiveGear 07:08 - I hear that Jesus is a pretty rad dude who teaches us to love everyone.
[color="Silver"]Midknight74012 09:04 - Minds are like parachutes. Just because you lost yours, doesn't mean you can borrow mine[/color]
[color="Red"]@)}~`,~[/color] [color="SeaGreen"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]
[color="RoyalBlue"]This is MOES[/color]:dance:
Ella Edric

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:50 pm

They're all good, but I prefer pizza the most out of the three ^^ I guess, you have the various toppings you can have on a pizza.. Although, the same can be said about the other two, but I just like pizza more lol
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Furen » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:04 pm

Depends on if you mean with other things or on their own.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Yuki-Anne » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:07 pm

Pizza. Hands down. I can barely stand hot dogs, and hamburgers I can do without, but I could seriously eat pizza for almost every meal.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Midori » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:44 pm

Pizza, especially if it's got lots of vegetables. You can't really put vegetables on hamburgers or hotdogs.
Midori

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:53 pm

Probably pizza but a homemade burger is also pretty awesome.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Dante » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:55 pm

Pizza silly. Since the kitten discussion, I haven't the stomach to eat meat outside of fish :P. That stated, my favorite food would be salmon, lovely salmon that flakes in your mouth. Cod is good too, and Tilapea makes my teeth jump for joy.

That stated, I don't eat only fish, I would have to say my second favorite food at the moment is a veggie gyro.
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:10 pm

It's really a mood thing with me. XD All of the above are good, but there are some days when all I really want is a hot dog. XD There are other days when a cheeseburger sounds like the greatest thing in the world, and there are still other days when the idea of ordering a pizza gets me super stoked. XD

That being said though, I would say that pizza is the most versatile of the mentioned foods, and is also the most delicious if you have it with like, basil and oregano and whole tomatoes and feta cheese and stuff. Or pineapple. Or chicken. So yeah, basically pizza is the most awesome overall, just because of how many sorts of delicious you can make it be. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Roy Mustang » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:12 pm

Midori wrote: You can't really put vegetables on hamburgers or hotdogs.

Yes you can.

hotdogs: grilled onions, chop up tomatoes and pickles.

Hamburgers: grilled onions, slice tomatoes, lettuce and pickles.

That is what I put on them and it is good. The other thing that I put on hotdogs is making homemade chill for the hotdogs and then have chill, cole slaw on a hot dog.

Pizza: chop up tomatoes, garlic and black pepper. Then I sometime add grill chicken to the items above.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang [/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby Nate » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:24 pm

Midori wrote:You can't really put vegetables on hamburgers or hotdogs.

Lettuce/pickles/tomatoes/onions/peppers/beets aren't vegetables now?

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Midori » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:45 pm

Nate (post: 1433030) wrote:Lettuce/pickles/tomatoes/onions/peppers/beets aren't vegetables now?

None of those really taste like vegetables to me. Unless by peppers you mean bell peppers, which I have never seen in a hamburger or hotdog.

Wait, beets? Who did you see putting beets on their hamburger/hotdog?
Midori

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:49 pm

...Hungry Jacks (Burger King) for one.
You can definitely have vegetables on hamburgers. I'm not sure it would work on hot-dogs, except shredded lettuce.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Nate » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:51 pm

But...just 'cuz they don't taste like vegetables doesn't mean they aren't. Tomatoes and lettuce are very much vegetables, I mean, they're in salads. I do mean bell peppers, and they are sometimes on hamburgers and hot dogs...in fact, I had an ostrich burger at the NC State Fair the other day that had onions and bell peppers on it. Peppers are also sometimes put on polish or italian sausages, and also on hot dogs occasionally...plus, certain types of relish have peppers in it.

And Australians sometimes put beet slices on their hamburgers. Weirds me out too. Not all of 'em do, just some of 'em.

As for me, I say, why choose between them? Have them all! Like have a hamburger AND a hot dog, like in this:

Or combine pizza and a hamburger!

Or combine pizza and a hamburger in a different way!

Or combine ALL THREE!

Nate

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:09 pm

Nate (post: 1433035) wrote:Image

GROSSEST THING EVERRRR. D8

Or combine pizza and a hamburger!

Not gonna lie though, I would probably try (a smaller version of) this, just to see what it was like. XD But not the rest of them; the rest are just gross. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Cloud500 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:10 pm

I've never really liked hotdogs... Hamburgers and pizza are good just about every day, though.
Cloud500

Postby Ella Edric » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:22 pm

RoyMustang wrote:Hamburgers: grilled onions, slice tomatoes, lettuce and pickles.

Nate wrote:Tomatoes and lettuce are very much vegetables, I mean, they're in salads.

For the record... tomatoes are fruit..... Just sayin'... XD
Ella Edric

Postby Syreth » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:45 pm

Pizza represents the most variety out of all of the choices. Though I love a good burger. And I don't mind a Hebrew National once in awhile.
Syreth

Postby Falx » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:51 am

I could eat cheesecake forever.*

*Or until I died unable to leave the bed.
Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

神はそのひとり子を賜わったほどに、この世を愛して下さった。それは御子を信じる者がひとりも滅びないで、永遠の命を得るためである.

My MAL Profile. Please check out my Dad's Christian eBook on Facebook.
Falx

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:13 am

Actually, I'd try the foods Nate posted, but as I don't wish to die just yet, I'd go for much smaller portions.

Yes, we have beetroot on some hamburgers, here in Australia. I don't like beetroot but it tastes great in a burger.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Atria35 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:30 am

For me, ti's really a toss-up between burgers and pizza. I can (and have) OD'd on pizza, and not been able to eat it for a month or so, and that's when I love mah burgers. With everything!

It takes a special hot dog to get me to love it (chicago-style Vienna, please!)
Atria35

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:55 am

That hamdog looks so good I wanna ask it out on a date.
Seriously, hot dogs are a lot harder to get creative with than hamburgers or pizza. I mean, besides the standard hot dog or the chili dog, variation is usually in the meat itself. I like the kind of sausage with melted cheese inside.
But, and I wanna be serious for a moment, the ONE THING that's absolutely an UNFORGIVEABLE SIN against hot dogs, is to boil them. You just don't do it.

Nate wrote:Tomatoes and lettuce are very much vegetables, I mean, they're in salads.

You can put Bacon Bits in salad. Does that mean bacon is a vegetable?
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Roy Mustang » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:27 am

Htom Sirveaux wrote:I wanna be serious for a moment, the ONE THING that's absolutely an UNFORGIVEABLE SIN against hot dogs, is to boil them. You just don't do it.

An even more unforgiveable sin then using caps, is telling me what I shouldn't do in cooking a hot dog.

Grilling them are fine, if you have are sausage meat hot dogs. Where for me, I have to eat low sodium hot dogs and they just don't cook well on the grill and boiling them are the way to go.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]
Col. Roy Mustang [/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby acgifford » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:54 am

I love a good Hamburger. Definitely Hamburger.
acgifford

Postby Nate » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:23 am

Ella Edric wrote:For the record... tomatoes are fruit..... Just sayin'... XD

Actually, this isn't entirely true. If you want to go that route, eggplants, squash, cucumbers (and pickles), peppers, zucchini/squash, and corn are fruits.

Yes. If you call a tomato a fruit, you're calling corn a fruit too. That's just weird.

The problem is that "vegetable" is not a scientific word, it's a culinary term. As such, since "vegetable" means nothing outside of cooking, then cooking is the only place to figure out what it is. So let's do something. Let's look at the Supreme Court of the United States. Specifically, Nix v. Hedden where the status of a tomato as a fruit or a vegetable was heard.

This may sound like a stupid thing to take to the Supreme Court, but it was actually very important. At the time, the Tariff Act of March 3, 1883 required a tax to be paid on imported vegetables, but not fruit. Basically Hedden, the port collector, was requiring people to pay a tax on tomatoes. The Nix family argued that since tomatoes were a fruit, they were exempt from the tax.

The Supreme Court ruled (unanimously) that while technically the tomato was, botanically speaking, a fruit, that as far as cooking was concerned, it was a vegetable since vegetables are usually used in main courses, as opposed to fruits which are usually used in desserts. Thus, the tax did apply to tomatoes, as they are vegetables.

Nix v. Hedden has been cited in other Supreme Court cases, not about tomatoes specifically, but in regards to the fact that the dictionary is not the final authority as to the definition of words.
the ONE THING that's absolutely an UNFORGIVEABLE SIN against hot dogs, is to boil them

Actually, the one thing that's an unforgivable sin against hot dogs is to put ketchup on them. Dirty Harry made that very clear, and if you ask for ketchup on your hot dog in many US cities, prepare to be glared at or even stared at like you just walked off an alien spaceship.

Seriously just...don't put ketchup on hot dogs. It's the worst.
GROSSEST THING EVERRRR. D8

Oh wait, I didn't know it was opposite day! *ahem* You're right Corrie, that IS the grossest thing ever! I certainly wouldn't eat two of them, that's for sure, because I am so skinny. And good-looking. What would be the worst is having a cute girl with me. I'd sure hate to have a cute girl! And I definitely wouldn't drink Mountain Dew to wash it down, because it's the worst drink ever.

Anyway, I'm off to not play video games because they're boring and dumb. Or I could choose to not watch Kamen Rider, because toku is stupid and I hate it!

Nate

Postby CrimsonRyu17 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:25 am

Htom Sirveaux (post: 1433077) wrote:But, and I wanna be serious for a moment, the ONE THING that's absolutely an UNFORGIVEABLE SIN against hot dogs, is to boil them. You just don't do it.

Be gone, foul beast!

Some dogs are so greasy you have to boil them. Ball Park Frank's Brand to be specific.

Honestly though, chili cheese dogs off the grill > any hotdog.

There's no way I can decide between the three though.
CrimsonRyu17

Postby Lilac#18 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:59 am

[color="Plum"]Pizza's my favorite.[/color]
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby armeck » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:10 am

i eat pizza 5+ times a week, i love it
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:53 am

Crap. I got backspace'd out of my post and it got erased. I'm really starting to hate that.

I am not a big burger fan. I don't like making them at home because I hate sticking my hands in mushy raw meat. I don't like veggies on them because they tend to fall off anyway, and at some places they put the lettuce on while the burger is still steaming hot, which results in snotty, disgusting lettuce. Also most restaurants refrigerate their tomatoes, which is a HUGE no-no and I wish people would quit doing it. It completely destroys the flavor and texture of them. Tomatoes are not supposed to be grainy. http://homecooking.about.com/od/foodstorage/a/tomatostorage.htm

Hotdogs are good if they're the all-beef kind, like Hebrew National. The cheapo "wieners" or "franks" can go back to the dark chasm from whence they came. I put either mustard or mayo on my hotdogs and maybe a little pickle relish, and sometimes chili is good too. But...ketchup on a hotdog? Who DOES that? Five-year-olds? Personally, I don't like ketchup much anyway, but it does have its place, and a hotdog is not one of them.

I would take pizza over the other two almost any day. Pizza is customizable to the Nth degree. You don't even have to put red sauce on it. There's a local pizza place here that does a bacon cheeseburger pizza that has mustard instead of red sauce and it is GOOD. I also like pizza with lots of veggies on it, and, occasionally, good old fashioned pepperoni. My one pizza pet peeve, though, is when places don't bake the crust a little before putting stuff on it. It gets all goopy and doughy underneath the toppings. Gross.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Yahshua » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:18 pm

Hey what about Chinese food ain't they popular no more now?
Yahshua

Postby Furen » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:43 pm

Yahshua (post: 1433099) wrote:Hey what about Chinese food ain't they popular no more now?

Correct they are popular (except the one that just closed down here...)
(watch out for double negatives XD)
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Next

Return to General