My first con

Talk about anything in here.

My first con

Postby Wikiwalker » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:15 am

Well it is all set and me and two of my friends are going to our first anime con in a little less that two weeks. We all want to cosplay but I have no idea who to go as.

I'm twenty, 5' 2", blue eyes, skinny build, and my hair is usually red but I have no clues and very little time. It should be simple but could include some advanced sewing as my Mom is very experienced at making clothing and she can help me. I would also like it to be from a series I have actually read/watched.

And if this is the wrong area just move it, I wasn't really sure where to put it.
~~~~~~~~~~~

[color="DeepSkyBlue"][font="Book Antiqua"]"I love to be alone. I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude. We are for the most part more lonely when we go abroad among men than when we stay in our chambers. A man thinking or working is always alone, let him be where he will."-- Henry David Thoreau, Walden[/font][/color]

[color="Pink"]TGJesusfreak: Is the chatroom gonna self destruct or somethin?
Chatbot: Yes[/color]

[color="RoyalBlue"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~[/color] [color="PaleGreen"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]
Wikiwalker

Postby Atria35 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:50 am

I can think of quite a few characters- none of them would require a lot of complex sewing (one of them merely has a schoolgirl uniform!) but they would require props so that people would know who they were. For instance-

Shana from Shakugan no shana- schoolgirl uniform with red pendant and sword
Ayano Kannagi from Kaze no Stigma- schoolgirl uniform with huge sword
Luck from Elfen Lied- white tank top, jean shorts and cat ears. And maybe some fake blood splattered on all of it.
Ayu from Kanon- schoolgirl uniform, coat, and backpack with wings on it.
Lavie from Last Exile if you could pull off something like this: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_4v4IpVRC_pE/SntoNpkpyjI/AAAAAAAAAFA/Nf55TCcYt4k/S760/lavie-last-exile.jpg Unless you're comfortable with her normal belly-baring outfit.
You could probably also pull off femal Ranma from Ranma 1/2
Atria35

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:46 am

You could do Ed Wong from Cowboy Bebop, if you can buy/make the goggles.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:33 am

Well. What series do you enjoy the most? :)
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby TWWK » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:31 am

I'm not sure how appropriate this is, but I immediately thought of Kenshin when you mentioned your height and hair color.
Beneath the Tangles: Where Manga Meets the Maker

In the colors of Your goodness/In the scars that mark your skin/In the currency of Grace/Is where my song begins
~ "Economy of Mercy," Switchfoot
TWWK

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:13 pm

TWWK wrote:I'm not sure how appropriate this is, but I immediately thought of Kenshin when you mentioned your height and hair color.

Good thought. She could crossplay Kenshin.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Wikiwalker » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:05 pm

I wouldn't mind crossplaying Kenshin (Rurouni Kenshin is my all time favorite manga), but one of the guys I'm going with might be cosplaying him, also my hair is short so I would have to have a wig and I have no idea where to get one on such short notice.

Hmm, series I enjoy.

Natsume yuujinchou, Fullmetal Alchemist, Cowboy Bebop, Wolf's Rain, Baccano, Durarara, um, a lot of others. Anyway http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Wikiwalker there's my anime list.
~~~~~~~~~~~

[color="DeepSkyBlue"][font="Book Antiqua"]"I love to be alone. I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude. We are for the most part more lonely when we go abroad among men than when we stay in our chambers. A man thinking or working is always alone, let him be where he will."-- Henry David Thoreau, Walden[/font][/color]

[color="RoyalBlue"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~[/color] [color="PaleGreen"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]
Wikiwalker

Postby TWWK » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:20 pm

Wikiwalker (post: 1431870) wrote:Natsume yuujinchou, Fullmetal Alchemist, Cowboy Bebop, Wolf's Rain, Baccano, Durarara, um, a lot of others. Anyway http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Wikiwalker there's my anime list.

If Cowboy Bebop's one of your favorites, the earlier suggestion for Ed makes sense. Easy to do, she has short hair as well, and it's easily identifiable.
Beneath the Tangles: Where Manga Meets the Maker

In the colors of Your goodness/In the scars that mark your skin/In the currency of Grace/Is where my song begins
~ "Economy of Mercy," Switchfoot
TWWK

Postby Atria35 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:55 pm

I agree with the Ed idea.
Other option is to crossplay one of the twins from Ouran- and just be a shorter version of them :) (and you can always switch up which twin you are, since they're identical!)
Atria35

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:21 pm

I whole-heartedly endorse any Cowboy Bebop cosplaying.
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:26 pm

You could crossplay as Claire.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Wikiwalker » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:28 pm

I'm counting the free time I have between now and the con and it comes to about three days, and I don't mean three whole days, I mean three days added up from hours snipped out here and there. In other words I don't think I can make it. I guess I shall go to the con cosplayless. ;_; stupid job and school.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Wikiwalker

Return to General