What Movies are you Watching?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:06 pm

Watched Little Shop of Horrors tonight! With music written by Alan Menken, and starring Rick Moranis, Ellen Greene, Steve Martin, and a cameo from Bill Murray, there was pretty much no way I was not going to be pleased. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Nate » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:02 pm

Well, I just got back from The Expendables. It was a pretty good movie, although I really hate shaky-cam action scenes with jumpy editing. So, it was hard to tell what was going on in action scenes as well as near-impossible to tell where people were in relation to each other, as well as who's doing what.

So yeah...still good, but not as good as it could have been with a bit better editing and camerawork. Definitely worth seeing though.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Cloud500 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:01 pm

The Secret Garden(1949)
Cloud500

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:47 pm

I saw the rather lame horror movie White Noise. It wasn't remotely horrifying, and only slightly interesting. No problems with acting, just not terribly engaging for me.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:59 pm

As a continuation of my Wes Anderson Movie Watching Adventure, I watched Bottle Rocket tonight and really enjoyed it!
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Atria35 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:31 pm

Been a while since anyone's posted in this! XD

Well, I'm in an LOTR extended version MOVIE MARATHON! Yesterday it was The Fellowship of the Ring and the first half of The Two Towers, today it was the rest of Two Towers and I'm just finishing up Return of the King. Awesome~!
Atria35

Postby Nate » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:59 pm

Finishing up Return of the King eh? Which ending are you on? I personally started to get a little bored during the fourth ending, but I became a bit more interested during the seventh ending.

Nate

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:10 pm

Watched The Brothers Bloom tonight! An excellent movie that sort of came out of left field! I really enjoyed it though!

Radical Dreamer

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:23 pm

Nate, you should've stuck with it. The 108th ending is the best part!

Atria, good work. The LotR extended movies are long but well-worth the time and effort.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Atria35 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:54 am

Nate (post: 1420826) wrote:Finishing up Return of the King eh? Which ending are you on? I personally started to get a little bored during the fourth ending, but I became a bit more interested during the seventh ending.

.......? Well, I suppose the last ending, since I finished it all up! And it was terrific!
Atria35

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:03 am

No need to worry. I think Nate's just being Nate.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Nate » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:13 am

I was making fun of Return of the King for, well, I'll just put it how Rifftrax put it...

The Lord of The Rings series, on the other hand has mastered the art of delivering a satisfying conclusion. And The Return of The King does it so well, in fact, that it decides to end seven or eight times.

Nate

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:19 pm

I'm also watching the LotR Extended Editions! I'm doing it slowly, piecemeal, with my sisters. We've watched all the movies and are going through the delicious special features - just finished Two Towers!

And as for how long it takes to end...just remember that they did cut back a lot from what was there in the book XD

I've also watched the first live-action Death Note movie, for like the fourth time. L!!!!! Kenichi Matsuyama!!!! L!!!!! *fangirls away*
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:23 pm

I watched Vantage Point on TV last night. It wasn't great but it wasn't terrible. The last 2/3rds were quite good, the first 3rd was not well done or interesting. There were some impressive character perspectives (and some really dull ones) but it was interesting to see how they all tied together. 7/10
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby CrystalChalice » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:50 am

I just saw Despicable Me two hours ago.
Whatever the season in life, the RIGHT attitude makes all the difference.

"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth."
Psalm 121:1-2

"Though our paths may have diverged, you must continue to live out your life with all your might; you must never consider your own life to be something insignificant, and you must never forget about the friends whom you loved for as long as you live."
The Third Rule of Fairy Tail

"Mistakes are not shackles that halt one from stepping forward. Rather, they are that which sustain and grow one's heart.
Mavis Vermilion, Fairy Tail

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.
Avatar Aang, The Legend of Korra
CrystalChalice

Postby Atria35 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:00 am

Chicago- Great story, great music, great fun!
Galaxy Quest- One of my favorite comedies. It never fails to get me laughing/cheering.
Yours, Mine, and Ours- original with Lucille Balle an Henry Fonda. Also an awesome comedy that I enjoy to no end.
Atria35

Postby Tamachan319 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:34 pm

the_wolfs_howl (post: 1422089) wrote:I'm also watching the LotR Extended Editions! I'm doing it slowly, piecemeal, with my sisters. We've watched all the movies and are going through the delicious special features - just finished Two Towers!

And as for how long it takes to end...just remember that they did cut back a lot from what was there in the book XD

I've also watched the first live-action Death Note movie, for like the fourth time. L!!!!! Kenichi Matsuyama!!!! L!!!!! *fangirls away*

Gasp. I just finished watching the live-action Death Note movie with Airi and a couple of her friends. It was good, although [SPOILER] the addition of Shiori and the different death of Naomi were rather weird. [/SPOILER] Raye Penber's name change was bothersome. What was wrong with Penber? Why Iwamatsu? Penber was an awesome last name...

Once again, I am reminded of the fact that I really have to see the LOTR movies sometime.
[font="Comic Sans MS"]"You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me."
-C. S. Lewis[/font]
"MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll."
According to EllaEdric, my real name is.... "TAMAMAMAMAAMMAAM".

[font="Courier New"]
I love my flute![/font]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tamachan319

Location: Someplace, somewhere. I'm specific about these things, you see.

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:57 pm

Tamachan, you've never seen the LotR movies? *faints* They're very long but fantastic examples of fantasy done well.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Atria35 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:14 pm

Warrior 4 Jesus (post: 1422294) wrote:Tamachan, you've never seen the LotR movies? *faints* They're very long but fantastic examples of fantasy done well.

Quoted for truth. Just remember to watch the extended versions if you can get your hands on them- if you watch the regular, then there's a key plot point concerning Boromir's motivations that was left on the cutting room floor, meaning that it just seems like he's a greedy, dark-souled person instead of one that.... nvmnd. That would spoil it. But his actions are much deeper than that.

In any case, Finding Nemo was my latest watch. Cute! Some things annoy me, but overall quite a good movie.

Mupphets From Space- the only mupphet movie I own, this is cute and adorable and I love it!
Atria35

Postby Furen » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:27 pm

Atria35 (post: 1422614) wrote:In any case, Finding Nemo was my latest watch. Cute! Some things annoy me, but overall quite a good movie.

^^ wait >.> you've never watched it before recently? Also what were the reasons did you got annoyed?
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:51 pm

Atira, not just that but the extended Lord of the Rings flow better, so you don't notice the length as much as with the theatrical versions (although the latter are much shorter movies).
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Atria35 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:00 am

Warrior 4 Jesus (post: 1422629) wrote:Atira, not just that but the extended Lord of the Rings flow better, so you don't notice the length as much as with the theatrical versions (although the latter are much shorter movies).

Hah, true. Man, I love those movies! XD

In any case, watched Hitch last night. Good movie to study to, surprisingly!
Atria35

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:23 am

Warrior 4 Jesus (post: 1422629) wrote:Atira, not just that but the extended Lord of the Rings flow better, so you don't notice the length as much as with the theatrical versions (although the latter are much shorter movies).

It's interesting that you would say that, because I've found (especially with Fellowship) that the extra scenes do more to interrupt the flow of the movie, rather than help it along. I found the same to be the case in The Two Towers to a lesser extent, though the extra scene with Boromir that Atria mentioned was definitely worth the add. Interestingly enough, there are a number of scenes that I thought were changed unnecessarily in TTT, like adding music at the siege of Osgiliath where there had been none before, or removing some of Frodo's lines during a scene with Faramir. The only film where I didn't find the extra scenes to be a burden to the movie's pacing was Return of the King, where I immensely enjoyed just about every extra scene they added. XD Adding the Mouth of Sauron was definitely a FTW decision. XD

Radical Dreamer

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:54 pm

Tamachan319 (post: 1422285) wrote:Gasp. I just finished watching the live-action Death Note movie with Airi and a couple of her friends. It was good, although [SPOILER] the addition of Shiori and the different death of Naomi were rather weird. [/SPOILER] Raye Penber's name change was bothersome. What was wrong with Penber? Why Iwamatsu? Penber was an awesome last name...

I thought those changes were necessary to condense the story sufficiently. Shiori provided a smooth way for them to reveal Light's thoughts, and to add tension and escape routes for the main conflict, without taking much time. But I agree about Raye Penber/Iwamatsu. Did they just think no one would accept his name unless it was Japanese? :eyebrow:

Anyway, I last watched the second Death Note live-action movie, The Last Name, and remembered just how much I looooove that movie! You better be watching that one too, Tamachan! ^_^ It's funny, because I'm reading the manga as well (having already watched the anime), and the closer I get to the ending in that, the more depressed I get because I remember all the things I don't like about the last chunk of that storyline. But the closer I got to the end of the movie, the happier I got, because I love that ending to death. I got that familiar tight feeling in my chest that L always gives me....

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:46 pm

A couple of friends and I watch movies at work on a portable DVD player on our lunchbreak. It usually takes us a few days to watch a movie from start to finish. Lately we've been doing a lot of Asian cinema, kung-fu movies and such.
Last thing we watched was the live action version of Blood: The Last Vampire.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:12 am

Watched Felidae. Not sure what to make of it.

Um... Let me say it's... very definitely R rated (and I have to wonder if a cat could so neatly pull the intestines out of another cat with one swipe, or more difficultly, decapitate another cat...) It's also not ENTIRELY coherent, but I think a lot of that is due to the translation work in the dub (it's German originally) Bluebeard is mostly awesome, though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Sheol777 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:32 am

Alice in Wonderland - Yeah it has some issues, but it was amusing to me. The Hatter wasn't the main character, which was my impression from the trailers....which is a good thing.
Image........... My Deep Space Nine Podcast ........... My Anime List...........
Sheol777

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:59 pm

I just saw District 9. What a cool movie, and what a gross movie too DX What I want to know is why, why, do people always pull their fingernails off when they start feeling loose?! *shudder* But yeah, other than the gross factor (it earned its rating, that's for sure), I really enjoyed it. It had a unique feel with the whole documentary-like stuff going on - that approach completely drew me in so my eyes were glued to the screen and I lost all track of time. And I also really appreciated the multicultural aspect of it; it portrayed humans' tendency to oppress people different from them, in a very striking way.

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Atria35 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:56 pm

Wild Hogs and Toy Story- I love Wild Hogs. but it amazes me that, watching Toy Story, that the CG looks a lot rougher than it used to. I think it's me. I've been spoiled by CG, enough that certains scenes stand out as roughly done.
Atria35

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:03 pm

Let The Right One In - a Swedish drama/horror. The movie is superbly acted by the two young leads and the rest of the cast are very good too. Great cinematography, music and script too. It's a very sweet story but with a rather disturbing/creepy edge. Not overly blood-thirsty but still not appropriate for children and teenagers. Recommended for mature audiences.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment