Dissapearance of Haruhi Suzumiya Dub DVD

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Dissapearance of Haruhi Suzumiya Dub DVD

Postby Sapphire225 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:36 pm

The Dubbed DVD release of The Dissapearance of Haruhi Suzumiya is said to be released relatively soon. I have yet to see the subbed version, but I have high hopes for the movie. I wonder what Yuki's voice will sound like with emotions of shock? It's going to be kinda weird since she usually speaks in a even monotonous voice usually.
"Because the World isn't as cruel as you take it to be." ~ Celty, Durarara!!

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
~Deuteronomy 31:6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality. ~ Iris Murdoch
Sapphire225

Postby blkmage » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:47 am

Considering no DVD/BRD release has even been announced for Japan, I find a dub being released "relatively soon" incredibly optimistic.
blkmage

Postby LadyRushia » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:56 am

I did see a banner for it and what looked like some sort of preview at the Bandai (I think) stand in the Dealer's Room at Otakon. All I know is that I really want to see this movie.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Bobtheduck » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:17 pm

I think it may get a parallel Japanese / NA release since they've been showing it in theaters in the US, but we'll see Season 2 first.

Of course... This may eat into Japanese sales (since It will almost certainly be cheaper in the US than in Japan, and the US has the same Bluray region as Japan, and the Japanese version WILL BE on the Bluray, afterall) so they'll probably release it after it's had a chance to sit atop the best sellers in DVDs in Japan for a while.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Yukio Masachita » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:12 pm

It's a pity I read the spoilers on wikipedia.
I'm not so shocked at Yuki having emotions as everyone else would be.
Yukio Masachita

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews