What Movies are you Watching?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:00 am

I last watched a small portion of Fantastic Mr. Fox. While I think the stop-motion animation is absolutely astounding, I can't say that I like the movie very much so far. The reason for this dislike is, I think, primarily due to the acting. Maybe that was sort of the point, but everyone's voice just sounds so bland and dull, like there's nothing interesting about their lines at all and they're just reading them out. Every voice in it reminds me of Vaan from FFXII D:
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:58 pm

I saw Toy Story 3 earlier this afternoon, and I swear, Pixar never fails to amaze me. XD They continue to out-do themselves in every possible way, and Toy Story 3 is no exception! I definitely cried. XD

the_wolfs_howl (post: 1401563) wrote:I last watched a small portion of Fantastic Mr. Fox. While I think the stop-motion animation is absolutely astounding, I can't say that I like the movie very much so far. The reason for this dislike is, I think, primarily due to the acting. Maybe that was sort of the point, but everyone's voice just sounds so bland and dull, like there's nothing interesting about their lines at all and they're just reading them out. Every voice in it reminds me of Vaan from FFXII D:

Oh, I loved the acting in that movie! I've seen a few of Wes Anderson's movies since then, and I'd say that the tone is part of his directing style. It comes across to me as very quirky and witty, which is a quality that I love to see in movies, so I guess it's something that made me like it even more. XD You may just need to see the movie from start to finish to get a feel for it, but I thought it was very enjoyable!
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Snow » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:41 pm

Radical Dreamer (post: 1401949) wrote:I saw Toy Story 3 earlier this afternoon, and I swear, Pixar never fails to amaze me. XD They continue to out-do themselves in every possible way, and Toy Story 3 is no exception! I definitely cried. XD

Same here! ^_^ Me and some of my friends drove an hour out of the mountains to find a theater with a midnight premiere last night. Totally worth it.
Snow

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:32 am

Watched Shaun of the Dead tonight; HILARIOUS movie. XD I loved it!
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Bobtheduck » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:36 am

Saw "Faith Like Potatoes"

It's now my 3rd favorite Christian movie. I know that a decade ago, that would have been like saying "My 3rd favorite Video game movie" but there have been some decent works out recently. #1 is To End All Wars and #2 is End of the Spear. Funny thing is they're all true stories... Guess Christian screenwriters / directors just suck with fiction, that's all.

EDIT: That's the second time today I've written "Not" instead of "now." I blame lysdexia.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:35 pm

Saw Toy Story 3 today. An excellent movie: I was not disappointed. I had a blast.

I didn't cry, but that's not unusual. XD

Definitely recommended. :)
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:01 pm

Been jonesing to see Beetlejuice for some reason. Imma go rent that.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Wolf-man » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:08 am

I saw Where The Wild Things Are last night. That was a weird movie. It's really not a kid's movie. I wouldn't show it to kids. The morals aren't that great and the movie would be very scary for the supposed target audience. I didn't like it that much. I wouldn't really recommend it other than the visuals.
Wolf-man

Postby Lilac#18 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:38 pm

Nate (post: 1400795) wrote:Well okay, it's just I watched the original Karate Kid when I was little, and this new version literally takes the original and urinates all over it. I can't forgive that. Also the title is stupid KARATE IS JAPANESE NOT CHINESE. CALL IT THE WUSHU KID OR THE KUNG FU KID OR WHATEVER BUT IT ISN'T FRIGGIN' KARATE ARGH.

[color="Plum"]I agree. They should have named it The Kung Fu Kid or something beause the kid learns kung fu.[/color]

Atria35 (post: 1400805) wrote:^ ... Okay, so you do have a point with the whole Karate vs. Kung Fu thing. Bad decision on the case of the people who titled it- they probably think that Americans are too ignorant to know the difference (and most of the people who see it probably are, since the majority are going to be 15 and under).

It's not the Karate Kid. But it isn't a bad film in its own right.

[color="Plum"]
They're probably be a lot of kids and young teens who will think karate is chinese or vice versa. I agree, it is a good movie though.[/color]
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby Cognitive Gear » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:30 pm

I just finished watching Summer Wars. This is a fantastic movie. I loved every minute of it.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:47 pm

Just watched Summer Wars! Excellent movie, and SO gorgeous! Totally not what I was expecting, and a very pleasant surprise!

Radical Dreamer

Postby Wyntre Rose » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:54 pm

Watched Last Quarter yesterday - a movie based on a manga by Ai Yazawa, who wrote Paradise Kiss and NANA, featuring Hyde from L'arc en Ciel. Didn't like it as much as I hoped I would, but didn't hate it as much as I expected I would, either...lol. Makes me wonder if reading the manga would be worth it, since I'm sure the things I disliked about it - besides the occasional wooden acting - had something to do with time constraints? Also, Hyde gave off shades of a solemn David Bowie's Goblin King from the Labyrinth now and again - except Hyde, thankfully, was wearing pants...lol. Could have just been the rock-star-tries-his-hand-at-being-an-actor-with-weird-hair thing that made the connection in my mind, though. I'll be the first to admit, sometimes my brain make the most random connections like that. :)

Ante Bellum (post: 1400791) wrote:I...
Um...
Today I went and found Secret of NIMH on Hulu. And watched it.

Okay, who doesn't know me now?

You, Miss Ante, are awesome. I adore that movie.
Wyntre Rose

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:35 pm

Watched The Descent 2 tonight as well as Laviathan a old 80's horror film
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby CrystalChalice » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:22 am

Yesterday, my high school batch and I saw a Chinese language movie called Xiao Yu. It was the first time I saw a Chinese Christian movie, and a lot of us were crying at some of the scenes.
Whatever the season in life, the RIGHT attitude makes all the difference.

"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth."
Psalm 121:1-2

"Though our paths may have diverged, you must continue to live out your life with all your might; you must never consider your own life to be something insignificant, and you must never forget about the friends whom you loved for as long as you live."
The Third Rule of Fairy Tail

"Mistakes are not shackles that halt one from stepping forward. Rather, they are that which sustain and grow one's heart.
Mavis Vermilion, Fairy Tail

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.
Avatar Aang, The Legend of Korra
CrystalChalice

Postby GhostontheNet » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:19 am

Tonight I watched Tenebre, Trick 'r Treat, and Ginger Snaps.
GhostontheNet

Postby Cloud500 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:22 pm

I went to see Toy Story 3 today. It was excellent.(Had to hold back a few tears at the end) This was definitely the best film in the trilogy. Up is still my favorite Pixar film, but this is right up there with it.
Cloud500

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:11 pm

Just got back from seeing Iron Man 2. Yeah I know, I'm a little late to the party. I'm surprised it was still playing at any theater. It was good, though.
When I went back tthrough the lobby at 9:30 there were a bunch of excited little teenage girlie-girls waiting in a line for the midnight premiere of Eclipse. That's cool too, though. I did the same thing for all three Lord of the Rings movies. Besides, my sister did it for the last Twilight movie and she's 30.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:28 pm

I watched Fernando Meirelles' Blindness. This movie is especially dark, disturbing and confronting. It's about the fallen nature of mankind and survival. Very mature content but it isn't ever glamorised (still I feel they show too much). Amazing cinematography and acting but not for children, teens and even some adults. This movie might give you a taste of Hell but it's not all doom and gloom. Just most of it.
Extremely mature. Personally, I don't recommend it.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby mkalv » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:11 am

Well, I have been in a movie watching mood:

I watched all three Mummy films with Brendan Fraser. I can't wait for the fourth.
I watched the animated sci-fi film Battle for Terra, which was okay.
I watched Tim Burton's stop-motion film 9, which was kinda dark and weird.
I watched Final Fantasy: Advent Children. It had wonderful animation and battles.
Finally, I also watched Monsters VS Aliens, which was kinda funny.
No pain, no gain. I would prefer no pain, but still gain.
mkalv

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:44 pm

I liked the new Karate Kid over the old one, actually. Was much more engrossing.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Atria35 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:36 pm

Just finished 1776- Great film!
Atria35

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:10 pm

Today, I watched Yankee Doodle Dandy (most of it) for maybe the...6th time? 7th? Anyway, it's still an awesome, patriotic old movie. :)

FllMtl Novelist

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:59 pm

Watched Blade Runner (Final Cut) for the first time this evening! I loved it--it's definitely one that I'm going to have to go back and watch multiple times to find all of the symbolism. XD Anyways, excellent movie!

Radical Dreamer

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:29 pm

Watched 1776 the other day, and tonight I watched Toy Story 2 in preparation for Toy Story 3, which I am going to see tomorrow. I saw 2 when it came out but I remembered practically nothing about it. It was pretty fun.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby ich1990 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:35 pm

The A-Team

It was pretty much everything I wanted in an action movie. The little bit about non-violence was poorly handled, but everything else was solid. I don't think I have enjoyed a movie this much in a very long time.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:12 pm

I watched Moon this evening, and it was excellent! I think it takes a really good actor to act (mostly) alone the entire movie, and Sam Rockwell was no exception!

Radical Dreamer

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:20 pm

Radical Dreamer (post: 1408599) wrote:I watched Moon this evening, and it was excellent! I think it takes a really good actor to act (mostly) alone the entire movie, and Sam Rockwell was no exception!

Moon was possible the best scifi movie of the year. Sam Rockwell should have gotten a best actor nod at the oscars

GrubbTheFragger

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:56 pm

Watched Legion......well thats abut all i gotta say about that. Worst film i have seen i awhile

GrubbTheFragger

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:11 pm

We've rented Wall-E (yes, I've never seen that) and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, so those will probably be viewed in the near future. Looking forward to both.

FllMtl Novelist

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:03 pm

Just watched The Boy in Striped Pajamas, which I've been wanting to see for a while. Excellent movie, though it was very sobering.

Radical Dreamer

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment