Vampire Knight Dub

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Vampire Knight Dub

Postby Wyntre Rose » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:41 pm

If this was already posted somewhere, feel free to close this, but I couldn't find anything.

Viz has announced the three main characters in the Vampire Knight dub.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/press-release/2010-03-25/viz-media-assembles-a-cast-of-veteran-voice-actors-to-bring-vampire-knight-animated-series-to-life-for-north-american-debut

And Zero is...Vic! :wow!:
Wyntre Rose

Postby goldenspines » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:34 pm

I uh whaaat? XD

While I can imagine Vic as many characters, Zero is not the first one that comes to mind. But, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt though, I suppose. He's a talented guy, maybe he's trying for a more serious character rather than flamboyant womanizers. ^_^

They didn't cast Crispin Freeman as Kaname. I am disappoint. B[ I think the hope of him being in the dub that was my only reason to watch Vampire Knight again. XD;;

I wonder who they will choose for the rest of the cast. o.o
goldenspines

Postby MightiMidget » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:47 pm

Eee! I'm so excited!!! I agree with Golden though. I have difficulty picturing Vic voicing Zero? But hey, I'm always willing to try with him. =)
MightiMidget

Postby Hana Ryuuzaki » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:29 pm

[font="century gothic"]Vic McDerp-a-Derp..
voicing...
Zero..?

I'm sorry, it's just...
"Hi! I'm Zero! I'm going to be ultra-bubbly! Haayyyyyy~~~ 8D"
Do not want. D:
I guess we'll just have to see what goes on. :\[/font]
[SIGPIC]http://christiananime.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9906&dateline=1214542817[/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"][color="Plum"]WHY GOD MADE J-ROCK: Kamijo[/color][/SIZE]
[color="LightBlue"][SIZE="3"][font="Century Gothic"]Crucify My Love, If My Love Is Blind...[/SIZE][/color][/font]
Hana Ryuuzaki

Postby MightiMidget » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:20 pm

Lol. :oop: Yeeeaaahhh....but give the guy a chance. He tends to do really well. He voiced Ihtzak in Darker Than Black who has no humor at all, is completely and utterly dead serious and I had no idea it was Vic until I looked it up, and still could just barely tell
MightiMidget

Postby airichan623 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:23 pm

Vic? really? I may be a big vic fan, but this goes a little too far. I mean, has he READ ANY of what happens in VK GUILTY?!????

[spoiler] i mean, ZERO EATS HIS TWIN!!!!!!! its kinda creepy [/spoiler]

i really hope its on adult swim tho....i wanna see a kanon wakeshima song on network tv. but if they cover it i will personally KILL the dubber. never mess with kanon wakeshima's awesomeness.

unfortunately im not familiar with the other voice actors.

but an english release might cause me to bring VK out of my pile of DO NOT RECOMMENDs. the manga went....creepy.

but i still cant wait for the dub.

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Postby airichan623 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:24 pm

Hana Ryuuzaki (post: 1384361) wrote:[font="century gothic"]Vic McDerp-a-Derp..
voicing...
Zero..?

"Hi! I'm Zero! I'm going to be ultra-bubbly! Haayyyyyy~~~ 8D"
Do not want. D:
I guess we'll just have to see what goes on. :\[/font]

i take it you saw his vid with little kuriboh.

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Postby Wyntre Rose » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:55 pm

Uh...wait. [spoiler] Zero EATS Ichiru?[/spoiler] In the anime? I honestly don't remember that at all. I could totally have just forgotten - though that'd be pretty hard to forget - but are you sure that wasn't a manga only plot thread?

Edit: Nope, I just was reading the episode summaries on Wikipedia and you were absolutely right. I must have blocked it out. lol. Hmmm...but now while I'm watching the episode [spoiler] he just drank Ichiru's blood, he doesn't actually eat him, do they just say it later on that that's what Zero's done?[/spoiler]

And you know, I can see where you're coming from about Vic usually voicing more bubbly characters, but I do remember a few scenes in FMA which were pretty angsty and Vic was spine-tinglingly amazing in them. Literally, I got chills. So, although I was just as shocked as everyone else about this at first, I honestly think that he'll be able to pull this off, and I'm very much looking forward to hearing how he deals with Zero.
Wyntre Rose

Postby MightiMidget » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:24 pm

[spoiler]Isn't eating someone equivalent to drinking their blood for a vampire? I always got that impression.[/spoiler]
MightiMidget

Postby Wyntre Rose » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:52 pm

Ah, well, that would make sense, then, I guess. lol. It's been a REALLY long time since I've seen that anime (obviously...since I'm forgetting pretty major plot points!!) so if that's what that symbolizes, then I guess that's just one more thing I forgot! :P
Wyntre Rose

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:40 am

Wow! Vic as Zero? I'm anxious to hear what he does with it...

but I've never heard of the other two, *will look them up later*
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Wyntre Rose » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:07 am

Just thought of something, too. So, does this mean Vic will be Ichiru as well? Miyano Mamoru was both in Japanese...but I guess that doesn't necessarily mean that they'll keep the same VA in English. It would make it even more challenging, I would think. Cuz then he'll be voicing two boys who need to sound very alike, yet different enough to be able to differentiate between the two...
Wyntre Rose

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:23 pm

I think Vic has a lot of range in his voice...it took me a while to realize he was that bald guy from bleach... XD

I think he can pull this off... and I'm excited to hear it :)
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby MightiMidget » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:47 pm

ChristianKitsune (post: 1384427) wrote:I think Vic has a lot of range in his voice...it took me a while to realize he was that bald guy from bleach... XD

I think he can pull this off... and I'm excited to hear it :)

Yeah, I hear that! He does a good job in whatever, and never ceases to surprise. :D
MightiMidget

Postby Wyntre Rose » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:51 pm

Oh, I think he'll do great, I can just see how it would be a challenge is all. :) I'm very much looking forward to hearing what he does with the character(s).
Wyntre Rose

Postby thejackal221 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:27 pm

I'm interested to see how Vic does. Lee as Yuki, now that was a good move (Rena from When They Cry.)
thejackal221

Postby Yamamaya » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:01 pm

This means the amount of Vic fangirls will multiply again. God help us.

Jk.
Yamamaya

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:20 pm

Yamamaya (post: 1387122) wrote:This means the amount of Vic fangirls will multiply again. God help us.

Jk.

No.
God help Vic...
I saw that guy get almost tackled once... not a pretty sight, poor guy he was just trying to have dinner with his friends! :shake:
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Yamamaya » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:50 am

However, what he needs to be careful of is his biggest fangirl..

Cthulhu
:eh:
Yamamaya

Postby goldenspines » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:03 pm

Yamamaya, keep your posts on topic from now on, please.

They seem to have cast Troy Baker for Akatsuki Kain. This seems like a pretty good choice.
goldenspines

Postby Wyntre Rose » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:06 pm

I'm thinkin' Vic is a little excited about this you guys...:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F93Cl-usj58

lol...Caitlin Glass (Winry's VA) was right when she said a while ago that Vic is "a cosplay king...";)
Wyntre Rose

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:49 pm

hmm judging from the fact that vic hasn't seen the entire series...

I do wonder how he will handle the darker themes of the show....
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:16 pm

goldenspines (post: 1384335) wrote:While I can imagine Vic as many characters, Zero is not the first one that comes to mind. But, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt though, I suppose. He's a talented guy, maybe he's trying for a more serious character rather than flamboyant womanizers. ^_^

I have to agree. I was kind of hoping Zero would have a different voice actor if they dubbed this, just because I can't picture Vic in that role. I think his best was Tamaki in Ouran and Fai in Tsubasa Chronicle. I feel he does the funny and laid back characters best, but I'm not sure if I would really be into him dubbing Zero...

I think I'd be more interested in seeing Vic do Hanabusa Aido, because he sort of has that comedic relief in the show that Vic excels in (or, well, I think so anyway). I didn't really care for the D.N.Angel dub, and one of many reasons was because I felt Dark's voice didn't have enough of that "dark edge" to it like it did in the sub. I'm hoping he can do it for Zero!
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby Firebird3613 » Sun May 09, 2010 12:05 pm

Vic wouldn't have been my first choice for Zero, but I'm excited to see what he does with him. I think my first choice for Vic would have been Aido.

I thought it was interesting that the seiyu for Zero (Mamoru Miyano) also voiced Tamaki in Ouran High School Host Club.
:hits_self <----This smilie made me laugh. I'm not really sure why...:lol:
Firebird3613

Location: I could be just a dream, in which case I don't live anywhere. ;)

Postby Wyntre Rose » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:43 pm

So, I pre-ordered the first volume of Vampire Knight and it came in the mail today. Surprised me, too, since I don't think the official release date is until the 20th or something. In any case, it contained the first 4 episodes, and I watched them all dubbed.

I'm enjoying Vic as Zero quite a bit. And no, he's not making him goofy, for those of you who were concerned about him being voiced by "Vic McDerpaderp." ;) Zero is still as moody and melancholy and sullen as ever. No worries there. lol. I was trusting that he'd have the talent to be able to pull it off, and I've not been disappointed at all.

But as for the rest of it...*sigh* It's kind of disheartening, really. I think I'll stick to the old adage: "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."
Wyntre Rose

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:41 pm

[quote="Wyntre Rose (post: 1408156)"]So, I pre-ordered the first volume of Vampire Knight and it came in the mail today. Surprised me, too, since I don't think the official release date is until the 20th or something. In any case, it contained the first 4 episodes, and I watched them all dubbed.

I'm enjoying Vic as Zero quite a bit. And no, he's not making him goofy, for those of you who were concerned about him being voiced by "Vic McDerpaderp." ]

Ahh so it's not being released like in 13 episode volumes? Depressiiiing. But it is good to hear that Vic is doing a great job as Zero.

What do you mean the rest of it is disheartening? You can PM me if you don't wish the speak of it in this thread, if you wish?

I wish Viz would post one or two of the dub episodes online so we can sample it...

Ahh I'm such a spoiled little anime fan!
Also: That "Vic McDerpaderp" nickname is REALLY annoying, why do people call him that? It's ridiculous... :/ I'm a huge fan of his, and it's rather annoying. Haha!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Wyntre Rose » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:51 pm

ChristianKitsune (post: 1408160) wrote:Ahh so it's not being released like in 13 episode volumes? Depressiiiing.
I know! I thought the same thing. Ah, well.
What do you mean the rest of it is disheartening? You can PM me if you don't wish the speak of it in this thread, if you wish?
Yeah, I'm just trying not to be nasty. lol. I'll PM you.
Also: That "Vic McDerpaderp" is REALLY annoying, why do people call him that? It's ridiculous... :/ I'm a huge fan of his, and it's rather annoying. Haha!

I know I used it in my own post, quoting someone else, but I'm curious as to where the McDerpaderp thing came from, as well.:eyebrow:
Wyntre Rose

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:00 pm

Wyntre Rose (post: 1408162) wrote:I know! I thought the same thing. Ah, well.
Yeah, I'm just trying not to be nasty. lol. I'll PM you.

I know I used it in my own post, quoting someone else, but I'm curious as to where the McDerpaderp thing came from, as well.:eyebrow:

Ahh Good deal, I wasn't blaming you or anything. I've just seen that in multiple posts recently, and I'm like, "Show some respect for a fellow brother in Christ, guys! He's an awesome actor..."
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby goldenspines » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:23 am

Concerning the Mcderpaderp thing, I believe that might have come from a video with him and Littlekuriboh. They were poking fun at how Vic's last name is hard to say for some people. Although, some people took it too far and took the video seriously, but Vic and LK were just being silly.
Or, it could just be from people who think Vic cannot play serious roles. *shrugs*

Concerning the actual topic of this thread, I am curious to see how the dub worked out. The results (from Wyntre Rose, anyways XD) seem to be disheartening. I didn't expect too much, but I would be curious as to what you thought as well, Wyntre. If you want to shoot me a PM about it too (unless it's too much trouble D: )

I might check it out when it comes to my library. ^_^
goldenspines

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews