When Anime goes "whooo!" and the Manga's all, "Wut?"

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

When Anime goes "whooo!" and the Manga's all, "Wut?"

Postby Rusty Claymore » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:47 pm

I've been watching Elemental Gelade, and just in the course of one episode the plot line went space cadet. I suppose it's to be epected, and it sounds like it is the norm, but why completely change the story?
It would seem that just starting a seperate story arch would do just as well if not better than starting in familiar ground and suddenly going orbital.

Of course, I haven't finished Gelade, and it may realign, and I could be forgetting things...

So prof Anime people, enlighten! Whats the reasons behind plot wandering? Or are there other series that pull a star treck parallel dimension leap?
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Atria35 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:11 am

I thought that "plot wanders" were usually due to the anime catching up with the manga, and then having to do without source material and having to make stuff up.

A few that I've seen that did similar things to a lesser extent was "Alice Academy" (the main plot never even got touched!), and "Karin"/"Chibi Vampire" (They added a character that never existed in the manga, and the end.... was wierd, from what I hear).
Atria35

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:14 pm

Quite a few anime do this. If memory serves, the primary reason FMA Brotherhood exists is because the previous anime had to make up a new ending for itself.
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby Rusty Claymore » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:58 pm

Ah well. I love the manga stories, but I really love anime... can't have everthing I guess. n.n
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews