Anime Apples to Apples?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Anime Apples to Apples?

Postby minakichan » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:32 pm

My anime club <3 Apples to Apples and we're thinking of developing an anime version to play with the incoming freshmen. I've already make a cute moe apple card template; now we just need like X00 words to put into it =w=;;;

Once the game is done, I'll probably be uploading it somewhere for other fans to use. What noun and adjective cards do you think should go in there? (Potential flavor text/synonyms for red/green cards respectively are appreciated too!) I'm looking for stuff that's not too obscure but not too mainstream either. I'll also post more as I think of them.

So far:
Red cards:
Anime
Manga
JRPGs
Big Eyes
Tsundere
Yandere
Magical Girlfriends
Swords
Pokemon
Internet Memes
Shinji Ikari
Gothic Lolita
Weeaboo
Naruto
Bad Dubbing
Moe
Anime Conventions
Cosplayers
Furries
Alchemy
Char Aznable
Giant Robots
Tentacles
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby Rocketshipper » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:26 pm

Sounds interesting. It might help a lot if you explained how the game "Apples to Apples" works. I'm sure not everyone here is familier with it.
Jessie and James, together forever!

AAML forever!

Colorado is EVIL!! Save me!!

Eternal Defender of Tracey Sketchit. If you are a Brock lover, beware ^_^

"Like the moon over
the day, my genius and brawn
are lost on these fools"-Bowser, Super Mario RPG

Confused about the meaning of the screen name??

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/RocketShipping

Go here and be enlightened ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Click the above link...I dare you.

http://community.livejournal.com/ship_manifesto/87185.html

The best essay on Junzumi shipping ever ^^.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rocketshipper
Rocketshipper

Postby Ella Edric » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:27 pm

Sounds like fun! XD I'd play!
Ella Edric

Postby Alcuinus » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:38 pm

I have absolutely no idea how to play that :S
Alcuinus

Postby Davidizer13 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:51 pm

Lemme try: The game is made up of red and green cards. Red cards are nouns, proper and improper (meatloaf, Cary Grant, the French Riviera), while green cards are adjectives (innocent, shiny, frightening). Every player has a hand of red cards, except for one who is designated the picker (the picker changes every round, usually). The picker draws a green card, and everyone else puts down a red card that they think fits the green card. For example, if the green card is "foreign," a red card might be "soy sauce." It's best if the picker doesn't know who played what red card.

Now here's the fun part: The picker picks the red card that they think best fits the green card. The one they pick might be the most obvious connection, or a less fitting one, or even one that's the exact opposite; it depends on what the picker wants. Arguments will be had about the validity of the pick. However, if you think you know the picker well enough, you can use this to your advantage by pandering to their tastes.

Anyway, if the picker picks your red card, you keep the green card. Everyone who played a red card draws another red card, a new picker is chosen and draws a new green card, and the game continues until one player has a certain number of green cards. It's a lot more fun than I can make it sound, especially at parties.

As for new red cards, I can only make one suggestion: Fangirls. Also, are you going to be using the standard set for green cards, or are you going to make a new set?
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby ADXC » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:55 pm

We play this ALOT at our college, it always makes for a good time.

Maybe,

Shounen
Shojo
Crossplayers (This one could be questionable, but it could make for a good laugh.)
Mecha
Ninja (Yeah mainstream, but it's hard to ignore when there are many anime that have them.)
Samurai
Otaku (The really devout ones who stay in doors and watching nothing but anime. Not the same as Weeaboo.)
Sakura (Cheery blossoms, it's hard to find anime that don't have them.)
Pocky
Ramune
Ramen
Shrines

If I think of more, I'll state them.

@ David- Yeah, you're right about the rules. I'm the guy that NEVER chooses the obvious one. I always pick the one I think is funniest.
ADXC

Postby minakichan » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:11 pm

Awesome, thanks for the suggestions!! (and explanation!! I forgot that not everyone knows how to play =w=;;; )

Also, are you going to be using the standard set for green cards, or are you going to make a new set?

I think I'll use some of the standard green cards but I'd like to add in a few anime-related ones as well. Not sure what anime adjectives there are aside from like, moe and tsundere though.
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby SailorDove » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:27 pm

My friend is a big Apples to Apples player. Love to get a copy when you're done creating this anime version.

So far, I've only came up with:

Sailor Moon
Sweatdrop
Glasses
Prince
Noni?
Eeeh
Pocky
Bright (I've seen this used towards characters a lot for comedic effects, especially in manga)
Stronger
Puppy Eyes
Fruits Basket
Scary
Wah!
Naruto Fanfic: Kokoro of Konoha by Sailor Dove

What is the power of the weak and the weakness of power?

What would the butterfly effects be with an OC with no chakra or ninja inclinations but a coveted special sensing ability? But that's not her only closely guarded secret. Psst, don't tell the hyper blond boy she hates ramen.
SailorDove

Postby Atria35 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:03 pm

Oh, this game would be GREAT!

Hmmmm.... How about
One-shot
fanfiction
doujinshi
idol
baka
timeskip
fansub
amv (anime music video)
special attack
OVA
seiyuu
bishie
sensei
omake
Atria35

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:30 pm

Yoko Kanno
Kuudere
Small Noses
Calling Your Attacks
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Sheenar » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:35 pm

Kamehameha Wave
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews