Bus Gamer

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Bus Gamer

Postby SnoringFrog » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:35 am

A few weeks ago I found out they produced a Bus Gamer anime, I was hoping it'd be more full-fledged than the manga, but it wasn't. Just 3 quick episodes that don't really tie anything up, but I still really liked it. The idea of three random guys being dropped onto a team for a string of life or death fights was interesting, and I liked the subplots of their development as friends, the mystery of why those guys need the money, and if that one polcewoman will figure everything out.

Anyone else watch this?
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby Atria35 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:19 pm

Haven't watch/read it, but I think part of the reason the OVA didn't get more attention was because it only had one volume (those don't make for long anime :) ) and because the writer got pretty involved in his other work Saiyuki and the multiple anime seasons that went with that- It makes for a busy week.

I've considered picking up Gantz- it seems very similar- but I've got a full manga scedule as it is.
Atria35

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews