Baccano! and Durarara

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Baccano! and Durarara

Postby Sapphire225 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:57 pm

Has anybody seen them? I've finished watching Baccano a little over a month ago (which, very rarely, actually has a better dub than the sub, although the sub is good of course) and can't wait til' the light novels have been translated to english and sent here. Durarara I've only seen a few episodes of, but its pretty cool. I like the art style, charcaters, and personalities of about everyone on both shows, they are hilarious and action-packed (the former moreso than the latter significantly) and, best of all, they are totally original with there own twists and turns.

Has anybody grown a fan to either or both of them besides me?
"Because the World isn't as cruel as you take it to be." ~ Celty, Durarara!!

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
~Deuteronomy 31:6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality. ~ Iris Murdoch
Sapphire225

Postby Falx » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:50 am

There's a Durarara!! thread just a bit further down the page. Spoilers abound as people are generally up to date to the latest episode.
Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

神はそのひとり子を賜わったほどに、この世を愛して下さった。それは御子を信じる者がひとりも滅びないで、永遠の命を得るためである.

My MAL Profile. Please check out my Dad's Christian eBook on Facebook.
Falx

Postby mechana2015 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:11 am

And almost all the people in that thread have seen Baccano through(possibly while it was coming out still in Japan).

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:07 am

I'd wager that 75-90% of the people on this forum love those shows.
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby Hohenheim » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:53 pm

TheSubtleDoctor wrote:I'd wager that 75-90% of the people on this forum love those shows.

I agree with this. I actually started watching Durarara!! at first, and ended up loving it so much I started watching Baccano! as well. They are both wonderful series.
[font="Arial Black"]"But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness." - excerpt from the novel Brave New World[/font]

[font="Century Gothic"]"Is all this striving after ultimate meaning a massive delusion, a gigantic wish-fulfillment?...Could our symbol-rich world be of interest only to a pitiless nihilist? I do not think so." - Simon Conway Morris[/font]

[font="Century Gothic"]"Faith seeks understanding. I do not seek to understand that I may believe, but I believe in order to understand." - St. Anselm of Canterbury[/font]
Hohenheim

Postby Firebird3613 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:23 pm

I've seen Baccano! and only a little bt of Durarara!! I need to watch Durarara!! some more. But I'm a huge fan of Baccano!(!) :)
:hits_self <----This smilie made me laugh. I'm not really sure why...:lol:
Firebird3613

Location: I could be just a dream, in which case I don't live anywhere. ;)

Postby SnoringFrog » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:18 am

I'm just about to begin watching Baccano, I've never heard of Durarara though.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:21 am

SnoringFrog (post: 1399240) wrote:I'm just about to begin watching Baccano, I've never heard of Durarara though.

Durarara!! is a story that takes place in the same world as Baccano!, but rarely crosses over. The light novels for both are by the same person, and the same animation studio is doing both.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Atria35 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:00 am

SnoringFrog (post: 1399240) wrote:I'm just about to begin watching Baccano, I've never heard of Durarara though.

It's just one of the most popular titles this season :thumb:
But yeah, what Mr. Hat'n'Clogs said, too.
Atria35

Postby PrincessZelda » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:48 am

I haven't seen Baccano! yet, but I've seen all of Durarara!! that's out so far, and I love it. :)

I keep on thinking I should try out Baccano!, but I keep on forgetting about it... ;;>_>
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."

PrincessZelda

Postby Fish and Chips » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:37 am

Mr. Hat'n'Clogs (post: 1399244) wrote:Durarara!! is a story that takes place in the same world as Durarara!!
You would think so.
Fish and Chips

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:48 am

Fish and Chips (post: 1399265) wrote:You would think so.

Oh dang, I totally messed that up. Thanks for pointing it out.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews