What Movies are you Watching?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu May 06, 2010 5:41 am

Finished watching The Two Towers with my little sisters. Yay Gollum!
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Okami » Thu May 06, 2010 5:52 am

This week I've watched Marley & Me, Aristocats, Oliver and Company, and Robin Hood. Soon to come is The Lion King and The Fox and the Hound.
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby ShiroiHikari » Thu May 06, 2010 11:10 am

Rewatched Star Wars: A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Cognitive Gear » Fri May 07, 2010 12:41 pm

Last night I watched The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. I think it was even better than the first time I watched it.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Hohenheim » Fri May 07, 2010 8:07 pm

Saw Iron Man 2. Yes, it is not as good as the original, but still a fun movie to see.
[font="Arial Black"]"But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness." - excerpt from the novel Brave New World[/font]

[font="Century Gothic"]"Is all this striving after ultimate meaning a massive delusion, a gigantic wish-fulfillment?...Could our symbol-rich world be of interest only to a pitiless nihilist? I do not think so." - Simon Conway Morris[/font]

[font="Century Gothic"]"Faith seeks understanding. I do not seek to understand that I may believe, but I believe in order to understand." - St. Anselm of Canterbury[/font]
Hohenheim

Postby Wyntre Rose » Fri May 07, 2010 8:31 pm

ich1990 (post: 1390712) wrote:The Dark Knight

This is the sixth time I have seen it, and the first time I have watched the movie without noticing some new detail. That Nolan has an eye for the little things.

I'm really wondering if I should watch this again. I saw it when it first came out in theaters with a friend of mine, and neither of us really enjoyed it at all. Of course, the reason we happened to see it that night was because her son had gone to the earlier showing with his father, and we wanted to see what it was he'd been exposed to. Her son that was 4 years old at the time. Yeah, as in...not even in kindergarten yet. So...I'm pretty sure that colored the experience for me. lol. I should probably see it again in a context where I'm not constantly going: *cringe* OMG Ian saw that?!
Wyntre Rose

Postby GhostontheNet » Sat May 08, 2010 3:43 am

Tonight I watched The Last House on the Left (1973) and The Lovely Bones.
GhostontheNet

Postby Scarecrow » Sat May 08, 2010 4:46 am

Not a movie but I'm currently watching the Farscape series. I'm almost done with season 1 and loving it ^_^ And I don't even like space type shows/movies much. But this is great IMO. Only picked it up cause of the work the Jim Henson Creature Shop did on it as I love puppetry and stuff. But it's a lot better than I was expecting.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby Cognitive Gear » Sat May 08, 2010 10:44 am

Last night I watched Nightmare on Elm St movies 1-3.

These movies are hilariously bad. (No offense to anyone who loves them dearly) Definitely fun to watch with the right crowd.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

Cognitive Gear

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon May 10, 2010 12:42 am

Just watched Terry Gilliam's Brazil! Fantastic movie. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Wyntre Rose » Mon May 10, 2010 8:22 am

Watched Hitch last night with my cousin, mom, and grandparents.
Wyntre Rose

Postby Cognitive Gear » Mon May 10, 2010 8:41 am

Yesterday I watched Gangs of New York and Brazil. Both of these were pretty incredible films in their own ways.

Cognitive Gear

Postby Atria35 » Mon May 10, 2010 9:09 am

Last night I watched Monsters, Inc. I LOVE SULLY AND MIKE! *and Boo is so adorable!
Atria35

Postby ich1990 » Mon May 10, 2010 6:43 pm

Avatar the Last Airbender: Book Three

While the individual episodes were not really an improvement on the second season (closer to par), the finale was awesome. Especially the final fights. I give the series a 10/10, considering its target demographic. I am a little disappointed that the face-stealer didn't show up again like he promised, but I guess I can let it slide considering how good the rest was.

I am really looking forward to the live action movie. Hopefully not too much is lost condensing 400 minutes down to 120.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Tue May 11, 2010 9:09 pm

Yesterday I rented Fantastic Mr. Fox. I was surprised at how good it is.
As long as classic Roald Dahl children's novels keep being made into movies, one I'd really like to see done is The Twits.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Cognitive Gear » Thu May 13, 2010 11:42 pm

Betrayal

This was basically a play put to film. Honestly it would have been a great play, but it made for a rather boring movie.

Cognitive Gear

Postby mkalv » Fri May 14, 2010 4:54 pm

I just watched Iron Man 2, and I think I actually liked it more than the first. The fight scenes were very well done, the acting was spot-on, and the diologue made the talking scenes more bearable I'd give it an A.
mkalv

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Fri May 14, 2010 4:57 pm

ich1990 (post: 1393430) wrote:Avatar the Last Airbender: Book Three

While the individual episodes were not really an improvement on the second season (closer to par), the finale was awesome. Especially the final fights. I give the series a 10/10, considering its target demographic. I am a little disappointed that the face-stealer didn't show up again like he promised, but I guess I can let it slide considering how good the rest was.

I am really looking forward to the live action movie. Hopefully not too much is lost condensing 400 minutes down to 120.

It could go LotR style and be 360 minutes per movie XD
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Atria35 » Sat May 15, 2010 4:47 am

Mr. Hat'n'Clogs (post: 1394344) wrote:It could go LotR style and be 360 minutes per movie XD

*points* Mommy, I want that!
lolz
Atria35

Postby ich1990 » Sat May 15, 2010 6:50 pm

Clash of the Titans

Make it loud enough and big enough and one almost doesn't notice the poor acting and cheesy special effects.

Iron Man 2

Not as good as the first, but still decent. I liked the father/son angle especially. Also, throwing S.H.I.E.L.D. in there means we get a break from Stark every once in a while, which is a good thing.

Robin Hood

I didn't really feel it was too long, like some did. I thought the camera was too jerky, it made me naseous. Also, having Robin Hood invent the Bill of Rights in ~1100 AD was a bit of a stretch. I liked Stephen R. Lawhead's origin story much better.

Mr. Hat'n'Clogs (post: 1394344) wrote:It could go LotR style and be 360 minutes per movie XD

I don't think I could take a 5.66 hour movie. I think they can do a good two hour movie per book if they cut out all of the episodic stuff and stick to the main plot. That said, if they did do a 5.66 hour movie, I would watch it, just probably not at the cinema.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Sat May 15, 2010 8:40 pm

ich1990 (post: 1394627) wrote:Also, having Robin Hood invent the Bill of Rights in ~1100 AD was a bit of a stretch.
This made me laugh out loud.

Just watched The Italian Job with Mrs. Doc and some friends. I never thought this was the best heist flick, and it wasn't even as good the second time. Still pretty fun, though. Edward Norton does a great job playing the jerk (see also: Rounders), He's one of my secret man-crushes...ssshhhhhhh =).
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby Cognitive Gear » Sat May 15, 2010 8:42 pm

The Secret of Kells

This is an absolutely wonderful movie. The animation is charming and unique, the characters are interesting and relatable, it takes advantage of it's medium as an animated film.... There's not much more I could ask of it.

If you ever have the chance, see this movie. It's on a very limited release run in the US right now, but it comes out on DVD/Blu-ray on October 10th, so mark your calendars!

The Fantastic Mr. Fox

This movie was also amazing, in a completely different way. It's sense of humor is delightful, with an overall tone to match. Watch this movie.

Cognitive Gear

Postby Hohenheim » Sat May 15, 2010 9:23 pm

Cognitive Gear wrote:The Secret of Kells

This is an absolutely wonderful movie. The animation is charming and unique, the characters are interesting and relatable, it takes advantage of it's medium as an animated film.... There's not much more I could ask of it.

If you ever have the chance, see this movie. It's on a very limited release run in the US right now, but it comes out on DVD/Blu-ray on October 10th, so mark your calendars!

I totally agree with your remarks. The Secret of Kells truly is a remarkable work. I am so eager for when it comes out on Blu-Ray!
[font="Arial Black"]"But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness." - excerpt from the novel Brave New World[/font]

[font="Century Gothic"]"Is all this striving after ultimate meaning a massive delusion, a gigantic wish-fulfillment?...Could our symbol-rich world be of interest only to a pitiless nihilist? I do not think so." - Simon Conway Morris[/font]

[font="Century Gothic"]"Faith seeks understanding. I do not seek to understand that I may believe, but I believe in order to understand." - St. Anselm of Canterbury[/font]
Hohenheim

Postby Wolf-man » Tue May 18, 2010 10:40 pm

I watched the remake to A Nightmare on Elm Street on Saturday. It was actually pretty good. I did not expect it to be. I really liked Jackie Earl Haley's dark and serious Freddy. I liked that he was very menacing and evil. He wasn't as comedic as in previous films and I think that made him less of a likable character. He wasn't someone you wanted to root for. It did have a few dumb scenes and they could have done some things better but it was still a good horror movie.
Wolf-man

Postby Adie » Sun May 23, 2010 8:07 pm

Watched Les Miserables for the second time the other night -- it was just as amazing as the first time I saw it~ I also watched Amadeus recently, which was great.
Adie

Postby KeybladeWarrior » Mon May 24, 2010 9:32 pm

I saw Iron Man 2 last Tuesday. Sunday I watched Daybreakers which was pretty okay but not so action packed that I thought it would be.
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All
The CAA Moderators.

"YEAH TOAST! TOCAA!"
KeybladeWarrior

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu May 27, 2010 8:17 pm

I finished watching Return of the King with my sisters. Loved it. Now we're going through the special features (yay for the Extended Editions!).

I also saw Princess and the Frog. Now that was a good movie. I'm so happy to see Disney not only making traditionally animated movies again, but making worthwhile movies again. I think they're out of that horrible slump now, because Princess and the Frog had all the elements of the Disney classics in it, and I loved it even though that fairy tale has always been one of my least favorites. The humor was actually funny, the songs were all interesting, the characters were well-defined, and the bad guy was one of the creepiest Disney villains I've ever seen. I was also amazed and impressed when they killed one of the characters - and let him stay dead. :wow!: And it was also nice to detect the influence of all the other princess stories in this one, like Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Beauty and the Beast, and maybe even Snow White. All in all, a very satisfying movie.

(And it was doubly satisfying, because there was a preview for the new Rapunzel movie they're making - finally! And then they had a preview for Toy Story 3, and it looks amazing. I was howling with laughter, and it was just a preview! I can't wait.)

I don't know if this counts, but I also saw the pilot movie for Babylon 5 called The Gathering. It was a bit cheesy, but very well done for its age, and I loved how the aliens actually felt alien. Some very good twists and an exciting mystery. A very good advertisement for the show, because now I want to see more.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Wolf-man » Thu May 27, 2010 8:54 pm

Lets see what have i watched recently. I saw Daybreakers. That was an awesome movie. It was nice to see classic vampires that followed all the rules. The gore effects were really nice. The story and acting was great too. I watched Ultraman Galaxy Legend: The Movie. Best Ultraman movie!!!! So good. I loved every minute of it. If you like Ultraman or just Tokusatsu in general you have to watch it. PM me if you want to know where to get it.
Wolf-man

Postby Cognitive Gear » Sun May 30, 2010 2:59 pm

I just finished watching Annie Hall. I absolutely loved this movie. It's crazy to think that this movie was originally filmed as a murder mystery with a romantic subplot.

Yesterday I watched Gandhi and The Road. Both of these are fantastic movies that I highly recommend.

Cognitive Gear

Postby Atria35 » Mon May 31, 2010 6:06 pm

Avatar. I wish I could see this in 3D again (without buying a 3D tv, of course! :) ). But it's still not a terrible film, even if it is a fairly standard plot (though I can see great fanfiction coming from this....)
Atria35

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment