ARIA: The life and journey of a gondolier-in-training... on Mars

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby jadeTheshade » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:31 am

so where can i buy the anime/manga? i live in the far-out sticks, so should i wait untill i can get to a standardized bookstore (barns and nobles, for example) or should i give up and get someone with a credit card to order it for me offline? (and if so, where would i do that...>.>?)
thanks!
-jade
[font="Book Antiqua"]two roads diverged in a wood and i
took the one less traveled by
and that has made all the difference
-Robert F[color="black"][color="Blue"][/color][/color]rost[/font]
jadeTheshade

Postby blkmage » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:31 am

Pretty much the only place I've seen it is online. Either Amazon or RightStuf.
blkmage

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:50 pm

blkmage (post: 1380625) wrote:Pretty much the only place I've seen it is online. Either Amazon or RightStuf.

My local FYE...scratch that...my ONLY FYE now (they closed one) has "Aria: The Natural - Part 1" brand new for $50.

I'll be sticking with the library and Veoh.
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby jadeTheshade » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:35 am

o.o
'k then. i'll be looking in to that
thank you all *bows*
[font="Book Antiqua"]two roads diverged in a wood and i
took the one less traveled by
and that has made all the difference
-Robert F[color="black"][color="Blue"][/color][/color]rost[/font]
jadeTheshade

Postby Atria35 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:17 pm

And now all three seasons are up for sale! (I'm such a big fan #^^#) I pre-ordered the third season, but it shipped early. So happy!
Atria35

Postby Lynna » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:59 pm

I saw the manga at chapters! I was absolutely shocked dead when I saw they had rated it OT!(older teen) because all there was nothing , absolutely nothing of the stuff they said was in it! 0 violence, 0nudity (although there is that hot-spring chapter, but they're covered in towels the whole time) 0 fanservice (although the undine uniforms are a little tight)
and for those who are super picky, there is a chapter where akari meets a fox deity, but I didn't find it harmfull or offensive in the slightist bit. and akari meets a ghost, but that to is brief and un ofensive
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby Atria35 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:11 pm

@ Lynna- You're completely right. The anime also has a similar rating, which is unbelievable. I've honestly started ignoring the ratings on the back of anime and manga, because half of them are total bunk. It's unbelievable. There's one I read, Your and My Secret, that should have most DEFINATELY been rated OT for what it contained, but was only rated T! So those back-of-the-book ratings are most definitely not to be trusted.

I'd also write a review of Y&M Secret to warn others away, but that would mean having to read more of it. Which I cannot for the life of me bring myself to do.

The moral of the story is: READ AQUA AND ARIA! *good stuff*
Atria35

Postby Falx » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:59 am

If you can find it, Amanchu! by the same author is just as good if not better.
Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

神はそのひとり子を賜わったほどに、この世を愛して下さった。それは御子を信じる者がひとりも滅びないで、永遠の命を得るためである.

My MAL Profile. Please check out my Dad's Christian eBook on Facebook.
Falx

Postby Falx » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:23 am

Oh man ARIA Season 01's boxset came with a booklet in the form of a Tourist Guide! So cool!

The box art is so pretty too!
Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

Falx

Postby Atria35 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:59 am

Falx (post: 1389791) wrote:Oh man ARIA Season 01's boxset came with a booklet in the form of a Tourist Guide! So cool!

The box art is so pretty too!

Isn't it, though?! I'm waiting to get my copy back from my friend that I lent it to last semester :( The stuff I got with Season 2 was also awesome. And since I pre-ordered Season 3 (sitting on my shelf right now) I ended up with ARIA bookmarks!.... yeah, that's not so impressive. But they all look beautiful, and Season 3 also came with the Aria's OVA! I was thrilled not to have to buy it seperatly!
Atria35

Postby Falx » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:19 pm

Aw man I can't find season 02 all in one set together. It's always split into two with each part being the same price as a full boxset! I guess I'll cave sooner or later though :D

Falx

Postby Atria35 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:38 pm

Falx (post: 1389800) wrote:Aw man I can't find season 02 all in one set together. It's always split into two with each part being the same price as a full boxset! I guess I'll cave sooner or later though :D

Yeah, you're not going to find it in one set for a while- that's how it was originally marketed, and it's only been out for about a year (at least for the first boxset). If you wait another one, you might get lucky, but chances are it'll probably take 2 since it's a fairly popular series.
Atria35

Postby blkmage » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:29 pm

It is twice as long as the other two seasons. I don't see it happening ever.
blkmage

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:40 pm

I've been meaning to check out Aria, and since Rightstuf gave a five dollar off anything they've licensed coupon, it is now on my to-buy list.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Falx » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:27 pm

It really is ridiculous how soothing it is to watch it.

Hard day? Watch an episode or two and it's like you drank an entire bucket of tea, but without the exploded bladder and other minor side-effects.

I've downloaded quite a few wallpapers of this series, but my favorites are where the artist goes for some realism and adds just a bit of muscle tone to the girls' arms. Rowing a boat for 8 hours (at least) a day is hard, so one can't expect to do that and remain waif-like.

Falx

Postby Lynna » Wed May 12, 2010 5:41 pm

I've watched a few episodes, and I have to say that, although the anime is really really awsome, the manga is awsomer! I just think that the manga is a bit more relaxed and slow-paced, giving extra time for character development.
It amazes me how much they fit into those episodes though
And Falx, I tottally agree with you. Aria has the most amazing effects!
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
Lynna

Postby Atria35 » Wed May 12, 2010 6:22 pm

... and now that I've read the new posts in this forum, I need to go call my friend and ask for my Aria season 1 back. I WANNA WATCH IT!

I also have an Aria wallpaper that's my permanent background. I hearts it so much! XD
Atria35

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Wed May 12, 2010 10:11 pm

Falx (post: 1389913) wrote:Rowing a boat for 8 hours (at least) a day is hard, so one can't expect to do that and remain waif-like.

[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"][color="RoyalBlue"]Not to mention that President Aria is not what I would consider as light weight. Wikipedia has his weight as about 22 lbs yet Alicia, Akari, and even Grandma pick up on him with no effort at all! [/color][/SIZE][/font]
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby Lynna » Sat May 15, 2010 8:52 pm

KhakiBlueSocks (post: 1393954) wrote:[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"][color="RoyalBlue"]Not to mention that President Aria is not what I would consider as light weight. Wikipedia has his weight as about 22 lbs yet Alicia, Akari, and even Grandma pick up on him with no effort at all! [/color][/SIZE][/font]

lolol I never thought of that! One thing that has always confused me though, is that, in real life, it seems that gondaliers are men, yet in ARIA, There is no mention of there being male undine, and I believe it acctually mentions that being an undine is a female-only occupation
Lynna

Postby Atria35 » Sat May 15, 2010 8:54 pm

It's true- IRL they're virtually all men - a woman made news recently by being the first female gondolierist. I think they took artistic liberty for ARIA. Not that I mind at all! XD
Atria35

Postby Atria35 » Thu May 27, 2010 6:27 pm

Sorry for the double-post, but felt the need to headdesk a little- I found out that while only the first 5 volumes of Aria (plus the two for Aqua) are out in English, all 12 are out in Norweigan.

Sooooo not fair! *runs off to learn Norweigan*
Atria35

Postby Wyntre Rose » Thu May 27, 2010 10:06 pm

No way! Cool! I've never thought of looking for manga in Norwegian before, but this makes me wonder...I will have to be on the lookout for that!!

And Atria35 - Norwegian is an awesome language. Have fun with it!! :)
Wyntre Rose

Postby Falx » Thu May 27, 2010 10:25 pm

HAHA! YES! After a very disheartening email of: "Aria Season 2 Part 1 is out of stock"

It suddenly arrived at the warehouse and shipped yesterday... sweet! I now have all of ARIA, all your Undine are belong to me!

Falx

Previous

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews