Digimon: Cross Wars

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Digimon: Cross Wars

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:12 pm

So the word is out that a new Digimon series will be hitting the Japanese airwaves this July. Since this is the anime that officially completed my Otaku transformation, I'm very excited. Anyone else have any thoughts?
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby Wolf-man » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:21 pm

OH MY FREAKING GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so excited!!!!! I love Digimon and have been waiting ever so patiently for a new series. Finally they are making a new one. This has just made my day. How cool would it be if they made a movie like the Yu-Gi-Oh 10th anniversary movie where they crossed over all the main leads from each series. I am just saying that because of the title "Cross Wars"
Wolf-man

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:35 pm

Sadly, I fear an idea like that is far too awesome to ever actually happen :( But yeah, that's the first thing that title made me think of, too.

July can't come soon enough!
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:50 pm

Blitzkrieg1701 (post: 1388907) wrote:So the word is out that a new Digimon series will be hitting the Japanese airwaves this July. Since this is the anime that officially completed my Otaku transformation, I'm very excited. Anyone else have any thoughts?

[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"][color="RoyalBlue"]I'm interested in seeing this new group and especially the design of GoggleBoy Number 6. Even though I haven't followed Digimon completely since "Tamers", I still try to keep up with the character designs and how they evolved overtime. [/color][/SIZE][/font]
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby Hohenheim » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:14 pm

I stopped following the series after Tamers. I saw maybe an episode or two of 'Data Squad', but it just didn't feel right. Here is to hoping this new series will be great.:)
[font="Arial Black"]"But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness." - excerpt from the novel Brave New World[/font]

[font="Century Gothic"]"Is all this striving after ultimate meaning a massive delusion, a gigantic wish-fulfillment?...Could our symbol-rich world be of interest only to a pitiless nihilist? I do not think so." - Simon Conway Morris[/font]

[font="Century Gothic"]"Faith seeks understanding. I do not seek to understand that I may believe, but I believe in order to understand." - St. Anselm of Canterbury[/font]
Hohenheim

Postby Wolf-man » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:58 pm

Hohenheim (post: 1389159) wrote:I stopped following the series after Tamers. I saw maybe an episode or two of 'Data Squad', but it just didn't feel right. Here is to hoping this new series will be great.:)

Data Squad sucked. You need to watch the real series, Digimon Savers. It is a thousand times better. It's a contender for the best series for me.
Wolf-man

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:19 pm

I already have (cautiously) high hopes for Cross Wars if only because the character art that's been released looks more like the original style than Data Squad/Savers did. I mean, GOGGLES! How can it truly be Digimon without at least one kid wearing GOGGLES?
Image Image

Blitzkrieg1701

Postby Rocketshipper » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:19 pm

awesome! I love Digimon. And I'm glad that it sounds like they'll be returning to the old style of character designs. Savers was good, but the character designs were a little weird, I thought.

I hope it gets fansubbed in a timely manner, like Savers was.
Jessie and James, together forever!

AAML forever!

Colorado is EVIL!! Save me!!

Eternal Defender of Tracey Sketchit. If you are a Brock lover, beware ^_^

"Like the moon over
the day, my genius and brawn
are lost on these fools"-Bowser, Super Mario RPG

Confused about the meaning of the screen name??

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/RocketShipping

Go here and be enlightened ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Click the above link...I dare you.

http://community.livejournal.com/ship_manifesto/87185.html

The best essay on Junzumi shipping ever ^^.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rocketshipper
Rocketshipper

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:09 pm

The designs for Savers weren't BAD or anything, just not very distinctive. When you see a character from one of the previous seasons, you know right way that it's from Digimon, and I like that kind of instant identity. The Cross Wars art I've seen so far doesn't look QUITE that distinctive, but it's a step in the right direction.

Oh, and is it horribly self-serving to mention that this webcomic perfectly sums up my initial reaction? :D
Image Image

Blitzkrieg1701

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews